Scrimmage?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Scrimmage?

Post by CelticCat » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:04 pm

I was unable to attend the scrimmage tonight, I want some details!

I hope we looked better than we did last Sunday.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:41 pm

The offense definitely looked better than on Saturday. Lulay looked very good, I thought the O-line did a better job overall, and Guinn continues to impress me a lot at WR. Milton and Roosevelt both sat out this time, although Lowe and Sebestyen were back. Potential bad news is that Gatewood hurt his leg on the first play of the scrimmage and didn't return. At the time he got hurt it didn't look too bad... they took him back to the FH on a cart but he came back to the field for the end. The defense looks great although the DB's were a little shaky at times. I was impressed by Kory Austin, who is playing with the first team while Eddie Smith is out. I think he's going to be a very good player in the coming years. The kickers had a couple UGLY FG attempts at the beginning of the scrimmage, but were better at the end. They also ran a really nice fake punt play where Lulay ****ed the ball to **** for a huge gain (content removed just in case opposing coaches are reading this :lol:) I'm sure other people who were there will be able to add more.
Last edited by MSU01 on Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:15 am

In addition to scrimmage report, can anyone give us an injury report?
Gatewood, Milton, Roosevelt, Gathing.....what's wrong, and how long?
dying to know.
thanks.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:38 am

I was at the scrimmage, and for the most part I liked what I saw. (I'm only going to comment on the first team)

QB- Travis looked GREAT. He was 10-17, and had a couple passed dropped.

RB's- I thought Domenick also looked good. He is much further along than both Mollock and Mayfield were last year. Milton was on the sideline in full pads, so it didn't look like his injury is anything serious (let's hope not anyway).

WRs- Chaz Guinn is going to be very good. Kellen Alley showed some good signs, but also dropped at least one ball (for a touchdown). Hopefully Gatewood will be ready to roll this weekend. I couldn't tell how serious his injury was, but apparently it was his ankle that was injured. He was back walking the sideline, so I expect to see him on Sat.

TE- I think we only threw to Blake once....that's one position that I'd like to see utilized more. Blake does a great job as a 6th Olineman though!

OL- Made a drastic improvement from the last scrimmage. They did a pretty good job of pass protecting against our #1 D, and they were also able to open up some pretty good holes for Domenick and Beal to run through. Bolton is a mountain, and Jensen looks very good. He may be further along than Hirst was at this time last year. Also Birkland, Figs, and Wolf are looking solid. The only question on the OLine is depth.

Defense- The front 7 is NASTY. I didn't see Beau Clark playing yesterday, so I hope he's alright. We were also running a lot of 3-4, with Mataikis at nose, and Sebastian and Lowe at the ends. Lowe looked like the old Javon Kearse out there yesterday. I am going to predict that Clive Lowe will lead the leage in sacks this year. The secondary looked OK...Austin got beat a couple of times, but he also made some good plays with a bone crushing hit on Alley. Hunter looks solid, and I didn't really notice our safeties doing anything good or bad. I am very excited to see Eddie Smith play, and I think that he will add to an already good secondary.

Kickers: YIKES....we definitely need some help there.

Does anyone know where Branton Shermon is? I thought he looked really good and showed a lot of potential at the summer practices, but I haven't seen him play at either scrimmage. Anyone know what's going on with him?
Last edited by wbtfg on Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:59 am

The trib has a pretty good analysis of the scrum.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/s ... 70253.html

Cherry Cat
New Recruit

Post by Cherry Cat » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:00 pm

Branton Sherman has a couple of nagging injuries, a toe and a groin, and he'll open the season on the shelf.