Dylan Rollins commits…

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Dylan Rollins commits…

Post by D-Wreck » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:08 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:46 am
Montanabob wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:25 am
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:15 am
My bigger concern would be his access to equipment and strength coaching. Him being in the SeaTac area means there are gyms, but that still costs money. Especially the coaching
i was told by a friend of bobby h that he was power lifting railroad ties and pushing amazon trucks around town to keep in shape.
At 4:30 in the morning. 😉
When the day is already half over? Lazy...

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:25 pm

Anyone hear if Rollins will be in Bozeman soon. Someone said he’s done with his mission in May.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:41 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:25 pm
Anyone hear if Rollins will be in Bozeman soon. Someone said he’s done with his mission in May.
Really curious to see how he fits in next year. Like is he ready to go, need a year to get back in shape, pushing for a starting spot immediately, etc…. Such a huge addition!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:05 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:41 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Really curious to see how he fits in next year. Like is he ready to go, need a year to get back in shape, pushing for a starting spot immediately, etc…. Such a huge addition!
Would be interesting to see what a few months in Herrin’s program would do. If he’s here in May I’d think a couple months might not be enough time to get ready for preseason camp which starts a little early this year since the first game is in late August. ???

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:18 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:05 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Would be interesting to see what a few months in Herrin’s program would do. If he’s here in May I’d think a couple months might not be enough time to get ready for preseason camp which starts a little early this year since the first game is in late August. ???
I would be surprised if he is playing much before mid to late season. New system, long absence from playing, back in college, deep roster, etc.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:41 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:18 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:05 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
I would be surprised if he is playing much before mid to late season. New system, long absence from playing, back in college, deep roster, etc.
You're probably right...but maybe it's the optimist in me that says (hopes) he has been somewhat staying on top of his workouts. The amount of development and maturity that just naturally happens between 18 and 20 in most young men is crazy. If he hasn't lifted a weight in 2 years, yeah it's going to be a while. If he's been able to lift and he just needs to get his stamina up, I think he can get it up enough to be a rotational player by late August. If he's not good enough to play this season, that's probably a good sign that our guys are really good and they've stayed healthy.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:04 pm

I’m going to go ahead and call this one now. Rollins will be on the two deep first game of the season. By 4th game of the season, he will be moved into a starting position.

Punters are people too!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:16 pm

Vigen sounded like he thinks Rollins will factor in this year on Colter’s show today.

toM StUber

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm

Returning from missions can be difficult for many guys - they are not supposed to be focused at all on working out - depending on the mission president directives where they are.

When I lived in SLC (15 years) and knew some coaches - including strength coach - and heard various stories about returned missionaries. Generally, it takes 3-6 months to get into Utah/BYU playing condition - mass, speed, strength, etc. But some guys would work out before or after their defined, rigorous mission schedule - like 3AM body resistance work for example. Most come back not in playing shape at all, but they're young and resilient and get in shape quick.

BYU has 14 returning missionaries joining the team - but 6 will grey shirt. I think they're all freshmen or RFR

Utah has 4 returning missionaries - all of them have seen playing time before going on their missions, and 2 are upper classmen, one played 3 years at Utah before going on his mission and should have 2 years eligibility left.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm

JDoub wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm
Returning from missions can be difficult for many guys - they are not supposed to be focused at all on working out - depending on the mission president directives where they are.

When I lived in SLC (15 years) and knew some coaches - including strength coach - and heard various stories about returned missionaries. Generally, it takes 3-6 months to get into Utah/BYU playing condition - mass, speed, strength, etc. But some guys would work out before or after their defined, rigorous mission schedule - like 3AM body resistance work for example. Most come back not in playing shape at all, but they're young and resilient and get in shape quick.

BYU has 14 returning missionaries joining the team - but 6 will grey shirt. I think they're all freshmen or RFR

Utah has 4 returning missionaries - all of them have seen playing time before going on their missions, and 2 are upper classmen, one played 3 years at Utah before going on his mission and should have 2 years eligibility left.
“Missionaries have one day off per week, but outside of the occasional game of catch with a football, missionaries have little to no specific football training for two years.”

https://byucougars.com/news/2023/08/14/ ... -languages

toM StUber