Parking improvements around the stadium. *NEW: moved the indoor facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Parking improvements around the stadium.

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:46 pm

catbooster wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:35 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:06 pm
I do like having part of those spots either gravel or grass. Easier to stake down the canopies when its blowing 30 miles and hour.
Get some sandbags before next season.
I have some, but had to tie down for at least one game last year due to wind.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:42 am

Doing a traffic study today at Kagy and Sourdough/Church. I don’t think it has anything to do with stadium stuff though. Probably looking at a stop light as it seems difficult to make a NB left onto Kagy. All lefts seem a little tricky.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:13 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:42 am
Doing a traffic study today at Kagy and Sourdough/Church. I don’t think it has anything to do with stadium stuff though. Probably looking at a stop light as it seems difficult to make a NB left onto Kagy. All lefts seem a little tricky.
Goodness gracious Kagy is a pain. I use Kagy almost every day from 19th, and it’s not great. There are many times where the traffic on Kagy is backed up all the way to 19th, and like you said, make the left there really tough. The crosswalk coming out of the stadium near the BAC slows traffic a decent amount too. Pretty much a mess.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Parking improvements around the stadium. *NEW moved the indoor facility slightly

Post by AFCAT » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:12 pm

New parking stuff from BN poster STEVEO. Looks like the new indoor was moved a bit.

General Description

The project involves the reconstruction multiple MSU stadium parking lots, including Lot 20 (West Stadium Lot), Lot 25 (East Stadium Lot), the stadium service entrance (approximately south/southeast of the stadium), and the necessary accommodations for the future Indoor Practice Facility (a.k.a “IPF”, a.k.a. “IAC”). The base bid encompasses the complete reconstruction of Lot 20 with adjacent/surrounding curb and gutter, concrete flatwork, and utility/storm drain improvements, asphalt and concrete section installation, pavement striping and marking, lighting installation, utility improvements, stormwater drainage improvements, construction of concrete plaza area, signage, fencing, landscaping and irrigation installation, and other improvements shown on the plan. Lot 25 will undergo the same reconstruction and improvements as
Lot 20, with the exception of the omission of asphalt and substitution of an equivalently-thick replacement gravel section; the parking area will be a gravel section, as per the Project Plans. This paragraph generally describes the base bid—
the Project Plans provide additional detail of proposed improvements that may not be specifically described in this paragraph.

Looks like they are building the Bobcat plaza in front of the East Grandstands. I figured they would wait to do that until after the new grandstands are built. I like the 'BOBCATS' name in the pavers.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Re: Parking improvements around the stadium. *NEW moved the indoor facility slightly

Post by CodyCat » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:21 am

I should probably go back through this thread to find the answer. But since Im a millennial I will just ask. Is this going to be completed before the start of the 2024 football season? And for those of you who have tailgates, are you excited to have pavement or bummed?

Hating the griz since 02.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:42 am

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:21 am
I should probably go back through this thread to find the answer. But since Im a millennial I will just ask. Is this going to be completed before the start of the 2024 football season? And for those of you who have tailgates, are you excited to have pavement or bummed?
No. Leon has been non committal so far on timing (rightfully so imo, particularly after the permitting sh!tshow from our beloved neighbors to the west), but the rumor with the fastest completion time is an announcement and grand opening at next year's Brawl. I think they will probably miss that date. The last few million have taken a really long time to secure.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:32 am

CatBot wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:42 am
CodyCat wrote:
No. Leon has been non committal so far on timing (rightfully so imo, particularly after the permitting sh!tshow from our beloved neighbors to the west), but the rumor with the fastest completion time is an announcement and grand opening at next year's Brawl. I think they will probably miss that date. The last few million have taken a really long time to secure.
I meant for the parking lot improvements.

Hating the griz since 02.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:13 am

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:32 am
CatBot wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:42 am
CodyCat wrote:
I meant for the parking lot improvements.
I was wondering that myself. This looks like a document for bidders, so I have my doubts. With the way construction projects have been delayed at MSU recently, I'd be pleasantly surprised if this was completed before the seasons starts. I have zero experience in this sort of thing though.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter