Evaluation of 24 class

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Evaluation of 24 class

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:50 am

As my handle says in a Texan and rant don't know much about the non Texan players. What is everyone's assessment of the guys we have coming in?

Texas kids.....

Kaplan is a big athletic ol. He's played on the north side of Houston and seen since real good talent and held his own. I see him coming in and being able to potentially play early. I see him playing center. The question will be is he strong enough to handle super srs.

Ross closes like nobody's business. Understands angles and knows his fit. I worry a bit about his speed but I think at safety he'll be just fine. A very willing hitter. Finishes with power and has a high football iq. He might push for early playing time.

McMillan imo is the hidden gem that nobody knows. He truly knows football(his dad played fbs football and coaches in Texas), has elite speed(been clicked at 22mph), and all that has translated to big plays his whole career. I think his tackling will be the biggest thing for him.

I don't know much about the non Texas kids. What is everyone's assessment of how these new guys will fit into MSU football?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Evaluation of 24 class

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:13 am

MSU has become an OL (and DL) machine. Current center will be a senior this year, so Kaplan will have his opportunity to get that spot in 2025.

Ortt is a senior this season, so his starting spot will open up room in the safety rotation next season. However, there’s a chance Ross can jump into it this year.

Cornerback is deeper than safety but the rotation is bigger so McMillan (he’s a cornerback, right?) also could get on the field this year and spot in rotation will open up in 2025 with Woodard graduating. I think there’s another senior in the rotation but not sure (at any position) which seniors are out of eligibility.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:27 pm

If he can ball, he’ll see the field…someplace!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:36 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:27 pm
If he can ball, he’ll see the field…someplace!
Always love the Reader’s Digest version. 👍

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber