Old scoreboard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Old scoreboard

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:13 pm

I can think of better things to spend money on than higher uprights and Idaho did not make that field goal.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:50 am

I am for taller goal posts if it takes a tiny bit more of the judgement calls out of the game. If the balls path goes exactly over the top of the pole is it good or bad? If it had hit the pole would it bounce in or out?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:08 am

tetoncat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:16 pm
Lifts are gone. Also that play clock in the bottom left corner is tiny
The lifts are still there, just out of the picture. I think they still have to put up cladding on the sides and back. There are still lot's of crates under the stands. Those could be the empty crates though. Tough to tell from just a picture.

And my OCD is going to get the best of me if they don't cover that gap between the speaker box and the screen. :lol:

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:23 am

St George wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:50 am
I am for taller goal posts if it takes a tiny bit more of the judgement calls out of the game. If the balls path goes exactly over the top of the pole is it good or bad? If it had hit the pole would it bounce in or out?
The goal posts in grizville are definitely taller-as is the case for most D-1 stadiums.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:09 pm

I'm sure there are a few offices on campus that wouldn't turn down a donation for taller goal posts if any of you want to pay for it.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:37 pm

All this talk about longer field goal uprights begs the question: Will a longer upright fit into the average bar in Bozeman? Not that those kinds of shenanigans will ever be allowed again. :lol:

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:47 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:37 pm
All this talk about longer field goal uprights begs the question: Will a longer upright fit into the average bar in Bozeman? Not that those kinds of shenanigans will ever be allowed again. :lol:
Dang, I think you might be on to something there. =D^

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:21 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:23 am
St George wrote:
The goal posts in grizville are definitely taller-as is the case for most D-1 stadiums.
Again, every one of us should be embarrassed by this. I don't buy the cost argument at all. The difference between the 20' and the 30' is in the noise on one of the capital projects. A rare miss from this program.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:29 pm

In another thread we are talking about how the University has like 6 or so groundbreakings planned for this year, including an incredibly impressive IPF (that isn't a part time inflatable bubble down by the river). Brand new gigantic scoreboard going up. Almost every program within the Athletic Department performing better than it ever has. And yet we should be embarrassed because our goal posts are ten feet shorter than they could be.

Welcome to the offseason folks, buckle up it's gonna be a doozy.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 pm

kmax wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:29 pm
In another thread we are talking about how the University has like 6 or so groundbreakings planned for this year, including an incredibly impressive IPF (that isn't a part time inflatable bubble down by the river). Brand new gigantic scoreboard going up. Almost every program within the Athletic Department performing better than it ever has. And yet we should be embarrassed because our goal posts are ten feet shorter than they could be.

I've always heard, it's not the size of the goal post that matters, but how they use them... :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:57 pm

kmax wrote:

If you aren't complaining about something that doesn't matter are you even a real fan?? ](*,)

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:01 pm

coachouert wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 pm
kmax wrote:

I've always heard, it's not the size of the goal post that matters, but how they use them... :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well based off of last season then we really ARE in trouble!

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:04 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:37 pm
Check out the R-bar. There are at least five Bobcat Stadium goal posts up on the wall. I believe the owner purchases them after each Cat-gris victory. So, the solution here is to win the next two Cat-gris games in Bozeman and charge the R-bar for the two higher uprights after each win.
Last edited by AFCAT on Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:06 pm

kmax wrote:

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:08 pm

I was able to stop by today. We drove in from the Main Street exit, by the hospital. When turning onto Kagy it’s one of my favorite views of the stadium. And now it’s even better. The videoboard is really impressive from that point of view. The board is definitely bigger in person than it looks in the photos. The stadium gates were locked up so I couldn’t enter and get any good pics. Two other things to note that I couldn’t pick up from any pictures is 1. The letters of Bobcat Stadium on top of the board are 3D and 2. From front to back of the board it’s almost as wide as a pickup.

We then proceeded to Taco Montes. If you have never been they make the best tacos in MT. They are located next to the Picklebarrell
Last edited by CodyCat on Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hating the griz since 02.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:34 pm

CatBot wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:21 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:23 am
St George wrote:
Again, every one of us should be embarrassed by this. I don't buy the cost argument at all. The difference between the 20' and the 30' is in the noise on one of the capital projects. A rare miss from this program.
Man, this is really quite a take. I've read nearly every post on this board for a dozen years or more. I've seen lots of complaints, and I've seen lots of gris fans come over here to talk smack about the team or the stadium or not having a river nearby. But I'm not sure I've ever seen someone talk smack about the height of our goalposts. And then to convince us we need to be embarrassed is really something. And there was one kick in 2018 that is the source of this embarrassment, allegedly. Or maybe it's just comparison. And comparison is a great thief of joy, my friend.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:43 pm

Oh the humanity! The embarrassment these goal uprights supposedly causes us reminds me of 30 years ago when I was on a high school board of trustees and a couple of our administrators insisted that our sports teams were at a distinct disadvantage and their performance suffered any time they had to endure the embarrassment of arriving at sport events in a yellow school bus. They didn't particularly like when I asked if they had any data to back that up and turned a little red faced when I asked if the 30% of our student body that was transported to and from school every day suffered similar academic disadvantage and poor performance because of those yellow school buses. I later found out that about a half dozen parents needled them, threatening lawsuits because their children were transported to school on those embarrassing yellow buses.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:54 pm

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we can chase perfection we can catch excellence"

Vince Lombardi commenting on BN off season football posts.....and the new scoreboard.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:14 pm

coachouert wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 pm
kmax wrote:

Isn't there some kind of pill that could help us add a few inches to the length of our posts?

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:17 pm

I can guarantee that the goalposts I use are bigger, better and longer than any you have even dreamt of using . Okay with that settled can we change the subject to cannon bore?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic