Old scoreboard

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Old scoreboard

Post by Montanabob » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:44 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:42 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:54 am
lutecat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:20 am
94VegasCat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:27 am
I’m not sure how much would need to change structurally, but has there ever been discussion of a video/message panel that wraps around the railing of the stadium? Maybe not ‘on’ the railing but maybe at the base of it. I’m not sure how else to describe it but we’ve all seen it in multiple venue types. Basketball, hockey, baseball, and football.
They have some at the other stadium in state that houses the bad guys.

With how our stadium is set up they'd have to go on the top of the east side bleachers maybe?
Yeah, I think it's called an LED ribbon display. Not a ton of places to put them, you're right. You tend to see them at the bottom of an upper deck. SDSU doesn't even have any I'm pretty sure, with Daktronics right in their backyard.
I don't recall seeing one at SDSU, I think those light strips are largely used for advertising, just what I have seen by getting short glimpses of them on TV.
Personally I am not a fan of them, but if Learfield wants to put one up somewhere, I'm fine with it, but I sure wouldn't contribute.
i am an eastside bleacher bum.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:05 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:36 am
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:24 am
Montanabob wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:53 am
lutecat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
I’m not sure how much would need to change structurally, but has there ever been discussion of a video/message panel that wraps around the railing of the stadium? Maybe not ‘on’ the railing but maybe at the base of it. I’m not sure how else to describe it but we’ve all seen it in multiple venue types. Basketball, hockey, baseball, and football.

With how our stadium is set up they'd have to go on the top of the east side bleachers maybe?
east side? like putting lipstick on a pig. nah.
Hey! Us Eastsiders don’t appreciate you disparaging our home, capisce. Yeah, we ain’t as nice as you Westsiders with your fancy schmancy press box, Stadium Club, and beer garden. We don’t get to sit up as high and mighty like the Southsiders do with those 5-star eating establishments under the stands serving Turkey legs. Us Eastsiders are proud though, we sit in the oldest part of the stadium, the only seats that have been around for two national championship teams and bathroom lines so long you might get to see the second half, if you are lucky. Yeah, our area has rust spots and no hand rails, but that makes us tough. We like risking our lives in the wintertime climbing those icy steps to our seats. Show our stands some respect!

Got it!

Awesome stuff!

And I’d hate to see the strip video thingy. Call me a ‘boomer’ all you want. Would love to change the goal posts though … back to the dual post style that is!
I know plenty of kids growing up that got tougher by eating the lead paint chips flaking off the East grandstands.

We need to go back to dual wooden, two by four, goal posts that were placed on the goal line and players need to suffer the consequences of running into them, instead of this weak sauce, pot metal, padded single posts they put safely on the end line.
Builds character!

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:55 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 pm
AFCAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
lutecat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

Hey! Us Eastsiders don’t appreciate you disparaging our home, capisce. Yeah, we ain’t as nice as you Westsiders with your fancy schmancy press box, Stadium Club, and beer garden. We don’t get to sit up as high and mighty like the Southsiders do with those 5-star eating establishments under the stands serving Turkey legs. Us Eastsiders are proud though, we sit in the oldest part of the stadium, the only seats that have been around for two national championship teams and bathroom lines so long you might get to see the second half, if you are lucky. Yeah, our area has rust spots and no hand rails, but that makes us tough. We like risking our lives in the wintertime climbing those icy steps to our seats. Show our stands some respect!

Got it!

Awesome stuff!

And I’d hate to see the strip video thingy. Call me a ‘boomer’ all you want. Would love to change the goal posts though … back to the dual post style that is!
I know plenty of kids growing up that got tougher by eating the lead paint chips flaking off the East grandstands.

We need to go back to dual wooden, two by four, goal posts that were placed on the goal line and players need to suffer the consequences of running into them, instead of this weak sauce, pot metal, padded single posts they put safely on the end line.
Builds character!

Is anything not entertaining when it’s set to Yakkity-Sax? I think 89 for the Eagles was Benny Hill.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:03 am

John K wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:17 pm
rfischer94 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:21 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:57 pm
I've been in the stadium and all around with this thing up. I think we're going to be impressed, obviously, by the board inside the stadium. But I think we'll be surprised how much it changes the whole look of the stadium from the outside. It's a giant, imposing sign, basically.
It's a pretty big change, nothing like the end zone project obviously, but definitely a noticeable difference. I believe that it will be a few feet longer once the ends are capped. ??? The opposite EZ scoreboard is slightly bigger than the old one. It has an old school feel to it that I like.
Is the South EZ score board fixed digit like the old one?
This is probably a really dumb question, but what do you mean by "fixed digit"?
It's not dumb at all! I only know the term from reading this board. FWIW, I just learned how to upload images to BN last week! :lol:

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:43 am

It's too bad the new board won't be functional for the spring game.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:55 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 pm
AFCAT wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
lutecat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

Got it!

Awesome stuff!

Builds character!

Is anything not entertaining when it’s set to Yakkity-Sax? I think 89 for the Eagles was Benny Hill.
I need to record some GoPro footage while MTBing and set it to this song!

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:43 am
That's not what I heard. I'll be there tomorrow and report back!

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm

rfischer94 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Interesting...they said on the radio this morning that the board would not be operational. I plan on being at the game as well tomorrow, so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 pm

When is the title of this thread going to be changed to NEW Scoreboard? :lol:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 pm
Wait a minute, you mean this isn't just an update on the old one?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm

allcat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Are you referring to the old new one, or the new old one? :-s

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm
rfischer94 wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
Interesting...they said on the radio this morning that the board would not be operational. I plan on being at the game as well tomorrow, so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!!
One of my students is on the team and he thought it would be on. I guess we shall see!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 pm

I heard they are bringing the old scoreboard back and setting it up for the scrimmage and it will be operational.

Punters are people too!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:47 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm
allcat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Are you referring to the old new one, or the new old one? :-s
I don't know. I heard rumors of a new scoreboard last year that went away when it got too expensive to dig the holes for the new poles. We should all just give up some more money when anyone mentions a new pole.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RICO CAT

Post by RICO CAT » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:29 pm

Evolution of the NEZ and Scoreboard c1997, c2019 and 2024.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:14 pm

The fixed digit board is working but not the big board.

PA system through the big board is working though.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:17 pm

rfischer94 wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
Thanks for getting my hopes up just to be crushed! The sound system sounded a lot better!

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:18 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:17 pm
rfischer94 wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
Thanks for getting my hopes up just to be crushed! The sound system sounded a lot better!
Oops...😬

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:13 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:14 pm

I think that means everyone is right. 😂

Hating the griz since 02.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:29 am

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:14 pm

Here's what I'll say about that. I didn't notice it was from the big board. It sounded natural and it didn't sound like it sucked. All of which are great I think.
I like it!

Am I the only one that thinks it's so big it looks small? In person. I don't know how else to describe it. Or maybe it's because you don't have stands for a frame of reference.