Matt McCullough Article in the Chronicle

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Matt McCullough Article in the Chronicle

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:58 pm

I'm getting tired of saying it :wink: , but great job Chronicle...keep up the good work.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ar ... llough.txt

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:12 pm

A much better job by the newspaper.
Kinda getting sick of sugar coated stories day after day out of a Bio page. Could they report something like news on the Bobcats. ...."and then at age 3 he painted his sisters bike for her...." Bio's are great but 7 straight days of how someone should be up for saint hood. :roll:

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:42 pm

Its never good enough for you guys is it.

Keep up the outstanding work Chronicle and sports editor Jeff Welsch. :D

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:57 pm

jagur1 wrote:A much better job by the newspaper.
Kinda getting sick of sugar coated stories day after day out of a Bio page. Could they report something like news on the Bobcats. ...."and then at age 3 he painted his sisters bike for her...." Bio's are great but 7 straight days of how someone should be up for saint hood. :roll:
Jaeger, this isn't sugar coated as its actually true. Its not based on delusional hype/ego like 75% of the Griz sugar coated posts. I can't wait to see the best 1-AA receiver in action this week for the Griz. Wasn't his name Rodamer or something like that? :)

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:18 pm

You don't know it's true. (Not that it isn't in this case)

I've read the same story 3 times about Jason Kidd in SI. Once after the DUI, once after he beat his wife & once he got traded to New Jersey. The writer can write anything he wants. I just don't like feel good I've overcome the world stories I want news. Like who is starting at Running Back, how open the WRs are ect ect.

Four

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by JahGriz » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:33 pm

Actually the names are Jefferson Heidleburger and Jon Talmage. They are the ones to watch now.
Rodamer should contribute but won't yet, I don't think.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:40 pm

JahGriz wrote:Actually the names are Jefferson Heidleburger and Jon Talmage. They are the ones to watch now.
Rodamer should contribute but won't yet, I don't think.
No, according to Egriz Rodamer is from NOTRE DAME and is 6'4 so should crush every DB in 1-AA/BIG SKY this year. Keep in mind this all said w/o him even playing his first game? :o Now he's 3rd on depth chart? So you have 3 1st team all American WR's this year then. I say you will go 11-0 then I bet :)

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:49 pm

2nd on the depth chart DA.

Four

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:57 pm

jagur1 wrote:You don't know it's true. (Not that it isn't in this case)

I've read the same story 3 times about Jason Kidd in SI. Once after the DUI, once after he beat his wife & once he got traded to New Jersey. The writer can write anything he wants. I just don't like feel good I've overcome the world stories I want news. Like who is starting at Running Back, how open the WRs are ect ect.
jagur, I'd rather read the technical stories about progress, practice, lineups, etc. too....BUT that cant always be written about, so articles like these personal pieces are used for filler. And if they are used for filler, I cant think of better subject material to fill your sports page with, plus it gives us a great opportunity to see who these kids are outside the football field.

More than anything, us Cat fans are simply ecstatic about the long awaited coverage we are getting from the Chronicle. Cant wait to see what they provide for us on gameday next Saturday. Hopefully they study what the Missoulian provides on Griz gamedays.

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:58 am

I read todays article (Chronical) on yesterdays scrimmage and I thought it was very good. Makes me wonder if the Cats will ever get the whole team together this year. Great job on the behalf of the BDC, if I could only say the same about the Cats.

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by JahGriz » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:07 am

No, according to Egriz Rodamer is from NOTRE DAME and is 6'4 so should crush every DB in 1-AA/BIG SKY this year. Keep in mind this all said w/o him even playing his first game? Now he's 3rd on depth chart? So you have 3 1st team all American WR's this year then. I say you will go 11-0 then I bet
He is from ND, he is big and athletic, but has had a hamstring problem. Last I heard he was practicing and looking good. I think he will contribute, and could be a standout. But like you say, he, along with every other Griz player hasn't seen a down of game time football this year. So, we'll see.
As you know, many Griz fans take their eggs Sunny side up. And that is their choice. :D