Singleton- NFL record

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Singleton- NFL record

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:52 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:09 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:24 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:07 pm
technoCat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:46 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:21 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:58 pm
A bunch of Denver fans posting that he was always tackling them 5 to 8 yards downfield and throwing shade on him.
But the question should be, why is he the only one getting the tackles? Where is the rest of the team?
Besides on a beach somewhere enjoying Pina Colada's instead of being in the playoffs.
They aren't wrong, but you are also right. Nobody else was anywhere around to make tackles. In my opinion Alex has 2 big weaknesses. Getting off blocks and taking poor angles. Both of which result in more tackles downfield. He's a solid LB, but he isn't a Pro Bowl LB.
So you're saying the defense is designed to get him ALL those tackles and it was his fault they were downfield. Apparently you've never watched Jewell. Guy may be way more athletic but was always overrunning and missing tackles. Singleton had to clean up for him quite a bit.

Singleton is not some crazy athletic freak and doesn't make as many splash plays as some other guys(which is all pro-bowl voters care about) but he is probably the most consistent LB in the league.
That's not at all what I'm saying. And you're right, Jewell is meh. The fact remains that Alex has some glaring weaknesses. Alex is always around the ball, which is a lot more than I can say about a lot of guys. He also had 106 missed tackles this year. I'm not trying to crap on him, I think he's a good LB.
So if he had 172 and missed 106, he was in position to make a play 278 times. Was anyone else on the defense?
He missed 15. @BleedingBLue is posting false numbers. He’d never see the field if he was 50% in solo tackling opportunities as he had 106 solo tackles.

Alex also played 97% of the defensive snaps for Denver on the season. Not bad for a guy with “glaring” weaknesses.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ngAl00.htm
I still don't see where it says 15 missed tackles. I'm not comparing him to Hauck either. Just pointing out the obvious flaw in tackle stats and guaging a player by them. As I've said before, if you would read, he is a good LB. You can be a prick all you want, as you usually are, but it doesn't change the fact he's got weaknesses. I'd really hate to be a Co worker or friend of yours. You're an insufferable d*ck to just about everyone. Did you want to name drop anybody while you're at it? Or perhaps let us know your 3rd cousin twice removed knew Alex and he took offense to what I was saying?

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:41 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:52 pm
PapaG wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:09 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:24 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:07 pm
technoCat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:46 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:21 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:58 pm
A bunch of Denver fans posting that he was always tackling them 5 to 8 yards downfield and throwing shade on him.
But the question should be, why is he the only one getting the tackles? Where is the rest of the team?
Besides on a beach somewhere enjoying Pina Colada's instead of being in the playoffs.
They aren't wrong, but you are also right. Nobody else was anywhere around to make tackles. In my opinion Alex has 2 big weaknesses. Getting off blocks and taking poor angles. Both of which result in more tackles downfield. He's a solid LB, but he isn't a Pro Bowl LB.
So you're saying the defense is designed to get him ALL those tackles and it was his fault they were downfield. Apparently you've never watched Jewell. Guy may be way more athletic but was always overrunning and missing tackles. Singleton had to clean up for him quite a bit.

Singleton is not some crazy athletic freak and doesn't make as many splash plays as some other guys(which is all pro-bowl voters care about) but he is probably the most consistent LB in the league.
That's not at all what I'm saying. And you're right, Jewell is meh. The fact remains that Alex has some glaring weaknesses. Alex is always around the ball, which is a lot more than I can say about a lot of guys. He also had 106 missed tackles this year. I'm not trying to crap on him, I think he's a good LB.
So if he had 172 and missed 106, he was in position to make a play 278 times. Was anyone else on the defense?
He missed 15. @BleedingBLue is posting false numbers. He’d never see the field if he was 50% in solo tackling opportunities as he had 106 solo tackles.

Alex also played 97% of the defensive snaps for Denver on the season. Not bad for a guy with “glaring” weaknesses.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ngAl00.htm
I still don't see where it says 15 missed tackles. I'm not comparing him to Hauck either. Just pointing out the obvious flaw in tackle stats and guaging a player by them. As I've said before, if you would read, he is a good LB. You can be a prick all you want, as you usually are, but it doesn't change the fact he's got weaknesses. I'd really hate to be a Co worker or friend of yours. You're an insufferable d*ck to just about everyone. Did you want to name drop anybody while you're at it? Or perhaps let us know your 3rd cousin twice removed knew Alex and he took offense to what I was saying?
It’s under Advanced defense on the link.. 15 missed tackles this year, 7.8% missed tackle percentage.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:47 pm

technoCat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:53 pm
PapaG wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:59 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:33 pm
PapaG wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:33 am
Former Bobcat great Alex sets an NFL record and we have @BleedingBLue “out of the blue” sh*tting all over him in a thread acknowledging the record. I’d also like to see the source of the “missed tackles” stat because 106 seems ridiculously high and he’d be out of the league with over 6 missed a game.

Awesome job, guy. Really showed him and his “glaring weaknesses.” I assume you’re a Donkey fan.
Here's one for you. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl-mi ... aders-2023

You can call me out all you want (you're one of the worst/rudest posters on here), but the fact remains he has weaknesses. Who doesn't???

Edit: It's also hilarious how many people on here talk so much sh*t about lil Bobby and his tackle numbers, but praise Alex for his. Tackle stats are pretty much meaningless.
Um, that’s total tackles made. I don’t care what your search says, but those numbers line up exactly with total solo tackles made, so you’re wrong and you’re attacking Alex with BS information. Can’t believe I’m having to defend the best Bobcat player in the NFL on the Bobcat board, yet here we go. Plus he throws in Robbie Haick’s tackling to slam Alex. WOW!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ed_defense

Here is where he is for the regular season via Pro Football Reference. 171 combined tackles/106 solo tackles/15 missed tackles. Look at his advance stats.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ed_defense

You added 91 missed tackles to his total for reasons that defy any actual football knowledge as he’d be out of the league with that number of misses. Anyone with even a passing interest in the game knows how outrageously high your number was for him.

You mistook his solo tackles for misses. Hilarious! You’re so wrong in the stats you offered up and you even defend Hauck to slam Alex. Typical Bronco fan. Knows almost nothing about football.
Hey I'm a broncos fan and this was exactly what I was trying to point out! :D just did a really bad job of it!
I’m a Raider fan who grew up in Bronco Billings so it’s all in good fun I hope. 16 weeks of Bronco games with all the home games on local TV my entire 80s childhood plus then playoffs was rough. I saw enough of Sammy Winder, John Elway, Haven Moses, Karl Mecklenburg, and Rick Upchurch for ten lifetimes. I did appreciate Charlie Jones calling many of the games.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:48 pm

Ironic that Singleton was part of one of the worst defenses in recent Bobcat memory.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:08 pm

I don’t understand why some posters find joy in pointing out weaknesses of our guys. Then they get pissed off when someone points out their weaknesses as a poster.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:26 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:08 pm
I don’t understand why some posters find joy in pointing out weaknesses of our guys. Then they get pissed off when someone points out their weaknesses as a poster.
Some mental health practioners would diagnose this as a mental illness.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:38 pm

Not sure what PapaG and Cataholic said, don't care to look. I will say my bad 100% for incorrect info. Did not mean to post wrong info. The links I clicked on said missed tackles, didn't read well enough once I got to said sites it was actually total tackles. Very sorry about that.

Once again, I think Alex is a good LB. Wasn't trying to disparage him or sh*t on him by pointing out he also has weaknesses. Sorry if not being all positive rubbed some people the wrong way.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:51 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:38 pm
Not sure what PapaG and Cataholic said, don't care to look. I will say my bad 100% for incorrect info. Did not mean to post wrong info. The links I clicked on said missed tackles, didn't read well enough once I got to said sites it was actually total tackles. Very sorry about that.

Once again, I think Alex is a good LB. Wasn't trying to disparage him or sh*t on him by pointing out he also has weaknesses. Sorry if not being all positive rubbed some people the wrong way.
Dude, nothing to apologize for. Being able to discuss football on a football board is why we come here. EVERY player has strengths and weaknesses. Isn’t a slight on character.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable