MSU helps griz band fundraising

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU helps griz band fundraising

Post by catatac » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:15 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:14 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:49 pm
BWahlberg wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:59 pm
I just think it’s really neat some of you guys are so focused on me.

Happy new years!
Never seen anybody so proud of acting like a douche. Not a great look for your fan base.
It's been interesting to watch that fanbase now that they're having one good year. They were actually way more tolerable, better to hang around with when they were consistently getting their A**** kicked by the Cats. Now that they are having this one year when they're doing better than the Cats..... they've reverted to how they acted back in the 90's and early 00's. I had almost forgotten how annoying it was. lol

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:21 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:47 pm
BFcatfan wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:31 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:12 pm
BFcatfan wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:17 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:35 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:45 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:11 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:53 pm
Dbrewmsu wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:21 am
BWahlberg wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:52 am

I'm pretty dumb but not the dumbest. The long form of FTC was just in fun but then as wbtfg and others pointed out, MSU was super generous to help our band get to Frisco which is cool.

Safe to assume the cat fans clutching their pearls here never ever say "FTG" or wear hats/shirts/hoodies or post it online then?
Also safe to say um is NOT likely to ever help the MSU band as MSU has done for the um band (x2). Especially with hack as head coach. If they ever did I would say thank you UM. I wouldn't bury it stupid passive aggressive BS like "clutching pearls" or be worried about what hoodies people are wearing. I would just say thank you and be happy that UM would return the damn favor. It is a favor from MSU.
Didn’t UM lend bench heaters to the cats during your home playoff run just very recently? I’ll have to look for your thank you on that. Griz raised 200k to send the band and MSU contributed 3k toward that (1.5%). People here are acting like MSU is the only reason the Griz band is going to Frisco 😆
You kidding?? The heated benches were given to our opponent, William & Mary. It was kind of a thing and was discussed in detail here many times.
It’s a long tradition. In 1984, the gris lent turf shoes to Arkansas State in the playoffs.
Myths such as these just add to the mystique of a program that has averaged 1 National Championship game appearance every 3 seasons over nearly 3 decades.
And it took you approximately 97 yrs of playing the game your fan base says they invented and yer still 0-3 soon to be 0-4…Please, Please embarrass the state in which I live. And as always #FTG
I think you mean 2 Griz wins in 7 National Championship Game appearances. As for the “approximately 97 years” that you speak of, are you talking about the decades when the Griz were in the same conference as USC/UCLA/Washington and the Cats were in the same conference as Colorado Mines and Western State?

I guess I stand corrected, I did not know the Gris played in 2 title games before 1995 or maybe I just wanted to forget. Was not aware of the Camellia bowl scenario. So I was using 95, 01, and the 3 yrs Bobby lost in the title game. Thats where I came with 2-5. So with that said, soon to be 2-8.
No, it’s 8 National Championship Game appearances between 1995 and 2023. Don Read won one. Mick Dennehy lost one. Joe Glenn lost one and won one. Bobby Hauck lost three and will soon appear in his fourth. Counting the two title games before 1995 would make 10 National Championship Game appearances.
So the equivalent of being an Atlanta Braves fan for small college football. Frustrating as hell, right?

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:31 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:21 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:47 pm
BFcatfan wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:31 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:12 pm
BFcatfan wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:17 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:35 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:45 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:11 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:53 pm
Dbrewmsu wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:21 am

Also safe to say um is NOT likely to ever help the MSU band as MSU has done for the um band (x2). Especially with hack as head coach. If they ever did I would say thank you UM. I wouldn't bury it stupid passive aggressive BS like "clutching pearls" or be worried about what hoodies people are wearing. I would just say thank you and be happy that UM would return the damn favor. It is a favor from MSU.
Didn’t UM lend bench heaters to the cats during your home playoff run just very recently? I’ll have to look for your thank you on that. Griz raised 200k to send the band and MSU contributed 3k toward that (1.5%). People here are acting like MSU is the only reason the Griz band is going to Frisco 😆
You kidding?? The heated benches were given to our opponent, William & Mary. It was kind of a thing and was discussed in detail here many times.
It’s a long tradition. In 1984, the gris lent turf shoes to Arkansas State in the playoffs.
Myths such as these just add to the mystique of a program that has averaged 1 National Championship game appearance every 3 seasons over nearly 3 decades.
And it took you approximately 97 yrs of playing the game your fan base says they invented and yer still 0-3 soon to be 0-4…Please, Please embarrass the state in which I live. And as always #FTG
I think you mean 2 Griz wins in 7 National Championship Game appearances. As for the “approximately 97 years” that you speak of, are you talking about the decades when the Griz were in the same conference as USC/UCLA/Washington and the Cats were in the same conference as Colorado Mines and Western State?

I guess I stand corrected, I did not know the Gris played in 2 title games before 1995 or maybe I just wanted to forget. Was not aware of the Camellia bowl scenario. So I was using 95, 01, and the 3 yrs Bobby lost in the title game. Thats where I came with 2-5. So with that said, soon to be 2-8.
No, it’s 8 National Championship Game appearances between 1995 and 2023. Don Read won one. Mick Dennehy lost one. Joe Glenn lost one and won one. Bobby Hauck lost three and will soon appear in his fourth. Counting the two title games before 1995 would make 10 National Championship Game appearances.
So the equivalent of being an Atlanta Braves fan for small college football. Frustrating as hell, right?
Exactly. I admit it.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:32 pm

"So the equivalent of being an Atlanta Braves fan for small college football. Frustrating as hell, right?"

I'm not frustrated about it at all. 8)

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:59 pm

I don’t know if there are rules for when teams can arrive at the natty, but I could see the gris going a day early, while MSU helps fund their band. I’m just saying, maybe.

Don’t like the look and I don’t remember the gris helping MSU when they needed it to go to Frisco. Use that money for anything MSU, why even make the gesture?

If your left, you aren’t right.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:06 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:59 pm
I don’t know if there are rules for when teams can arrive at the natty, but I could see the gris going a day early, while MSU helps fund their band. I’m just saying, maybe.

Don’t like the look and I don’t remember the gris helping MSU when they needed it to go to Frisco. Use that money for anything MSU, why even make the gesture?
MSU probably didn’t anticipate there would be Bobcat fans whining about a $3,000 donation that covers the cost of fewer than two band members to make the trip. Most people, myself included, thought it was a nice gesture. Thanks, MSU.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:11 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:06 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

MSU probably didn’t anticipate there would be Bobcat fans whining about a $3,000 donation that covers the cost of fewer than two band members to make the trip. Most people, myself included, thought it was a nice gesture. Thanks, MSU.
Oh I’m pretty sure you of all people would know that MSU knew not all MSU fans would be pleased.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:33 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Where was the gris when MSU started a campaign so the band could go to Frisco 2 years ago? it was an actual thing to raise money so they could go and we accomplished it. If you’re suggesting $3k isn’t a lot and nothing to whine about, why didn’t Bobby or daddy warbucks pony up the money? Typical response from a gris, hand is always out. The painting and dancing ain’t paying off for the gris grads.

If your left, you aren’t right.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:09 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:33 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Where was the gris when MSU started a campaign so the band could go to Frisco 2 years ago? it was an actual thing to raise money so they could go and we accomplished it. If you’re suggesting $3k isn’t a lot and nothing to whine about, why didn’t Bobby or daddy warbucks pony up the money? Typical response from a gris, hand is always out. The painting and dancing ain’t paying off for the gris grads.
The griz didn't and still don't have enough students to be able to spare a few grand. So we can hold little brother to the same standard.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:11 am

Griznationalist wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

You are really butt-hurt with MSU donating to UM. Your passive aggressive schtick is not fooling anyone. You can’t make a post without taking a jab at the gesture. Pathetic. What a little-brother reaction!! It is hilarious!

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:40 am

Surely we have better things to spend time discussing than $3K to the other teams band. I know, quit calling you Shirley.

Dbrewmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dbrewmsu » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:02 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:40 am
Surely we have better things to spend time discussing than $3K to the other teams band. I know, quit calling you Shirley.
We will next next week when we discuss the gris getting smoked by sdsu and b hacks pathetic record in frisco....

BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 110010110 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:40 pm

Dbrewmsu wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:02 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
We will next next week when we discuss the gris getting smoked by sdsu and b hacks pathetic record in frisco....
He's never coached a game in Frisco. The last time the gris was in the chipper it was still being played in Chattanooga. Which is odd since you'd think the great dynasty that they are would make it to the championship game more often than that....

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:19 pm

Some national coverage in advance of the chipper:

FCS National Championship: South Dakota State vs. Montana Defensive Spotlight - Sports Illustrated FCS Football News, Analysis and More

https://theathletic.com/5166131/2023/12 ... view-2024/

The Road To Frisco: Montana's Journey To The 2024 FCS National Championship - Sports Illustrated FCS Football News, Analysis and More

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... s-football

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... ampionship

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:27 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:19 pm
Some national coverage in advance of the chipper:

FCS National Championship: South Dakota State vs. Montana Defensive Spotlight - Sports Illustrated FCS Football News, Analysis and More

https://theathletic.com/5166131/2023/12 ... view-2024/

The Road To Frisco: Montana's Journey To The 2024 FCS National Championship - Sports Illustrated FCS Football News, Analysis and More

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... s-football

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... ampionship
Thank you but I have absolutely zero interest in reading any pregame crap about the frizzlies. I had to unfollow a few things on Instagram to keep from bering bombarded on that app.

Justwinbaby
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Justwinbaby » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:27 am

Dbrewmsu wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:
This week talking about them...next week talking about them...

Gross...we must elevate the friggin fan base.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:38 am

If elevate means culling the posers off this message board, I agree.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:03 am

Justwinbaby wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:27 am
Dbrewmsu wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:
This week talking about them...next week talking about them...

Gross...we must elevate the friggin fan base.
With better placekicking we wouldn't be discussing the griz at all.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Justwinbaby
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Justwinbaby » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:51 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:38 am
If elevate means culling the posers off this message board, I agree.
Many need to go - stuck in the streak...fact.

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:28 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:14 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:49 pm
BWahlberg wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:59 pm
I just think it’s really neat some of you guys are so focused on me.

Happy new years!
Never seen anybody so proud of acting like a douche. Not a great look for your fan base.
It's been interesting to watch the majority fanbase now that they're having one very good year. They were actually way more tolerable, better to hang around with when they were consistently getting their A**** kicked by the Cats. Now that they are having this one year when they're doing better than the Cats..... they've now reverted to how they acted back in the 90's and early 00's. I had almost forgotten how annoying it was. lol
This times 10 if you live in the Flathead Valley.. I’ve made it a point to wear my FTG hat all week. I’ve gotten some snarky looks, snarky comments… but the one they always have to ask and almost demand I do is cheer for the Montana team. I can’t, I won’t. Because they all do when they’re not playing the Cats.. that ****** gets old.

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG