Do other Bobcat fans

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Do other Bobcat fans

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:27 am

These idiots are headed to Frisco in a couple weeks and are still tweeting about the Cats. It's sad really.

And no, I'm not rooting for their team.

cowgirlcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by cowgirlcat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:37 am

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:27 am
These idiots are headed to Frisco in a couple weeks and are still tweeting about the Cats. It's sad really.

UGH! Yes this all still sucks, I'm still pissed... But I've got to hand it to the griz they have done everything we could not! Will SDSU prevail is the only remaining question.

Dbrewmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dbrewmsu » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:13 am

91catAlum wrote:

I don't think the gris win the chipper without robbie hack. Is there somebody else on that team that can come up with 27.425 tackles? Just don't see it happening. I'll be interested to see how many tackles he gets though. From portland

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:31 am

91catAlum wrote:

Good grief. Idiots. And they say Cats fans have issues.

grunyon37
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by grunyon37 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:46 am

Jizz fans and Booby Hauck are simply the worst. There is absolutely no way I'll ever root for them again. I'm a native Montanan, and there was a day when I would have rooted for them. Hauck and the Jizz trolls I work with have changed all that permanently. Go SDSU!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:15 am

91catAlum wrote:

Our fanbase chants “ESGGCG” at every single game we go to. It’s sad too.

I don’t think either fanbase has the “moral superiority” here. There’s a lot of people on both sides who care WAY too much about the rivalry.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:25 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:15 am
91catAlum wrote:

I don’t think either fanbase has the “moral superiority” here. There’s a lot of people on both sides who care WAY too much about the rivalry.
That's my point here. They give us tons of crap about that chant, yet here they are tweeting FTC while on their way to Frisco to play sdsu. Total hypocrisy.

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:30 am

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:25 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

That's my point here. They give us tons of crap about that chant, yet here they are tweeting FTC while on their way to Frisco to play sdsu. Total hypocrisy.
This is one dudes twitter account... your entire stadium chanted eat ****** grizzlies when you won the semifinal lol. those two things are not the same.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:30 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:30 am
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

This is one dudes twitter account... your entire stadium chanted eat ****** grizzlies when you won the semifinal lol. those two things are not the same.
Oh it’s a lot more than one fan, and you know it. Again, nobody had the moral superiority here.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:31 am

91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I gotcha. 100% agree.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:39 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

At least from my perspective, it's just the students doing that. Just the "cool" thing to do I guess. I think it's kind of funny but I don't participate.

In my section, everyone just does the GCG part. Although one lady was doing the ESB chant in the last game.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:05 am

I avoid interacting with griz fans on the internet outside of Cat-griz week. Individuals who visit Bobcatnation to express their foolishness aren't deserving of my attention. The same principle applies on Twitter. I genuinely feel sorry for those who invest their time trolling on BN. I hope they're simply young adults with little else to occupy them, but I suspect some are sad grown-ups deriving strange satisfaction from behaving like juveniles online.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:24 am

I’m always happy when the Montana kids do well in the playoffs. With some rare exception, I just have a hard time rooting against the Montana kids. We’re still a small state, and I personally feel like part of being a Montanan is supporting other Montanans. I have friends that are Griz fans. I’m happy for them too. Luckily they aren’t overly obnoxious. They’re not the type where the only thing they live for is college football.

Still though, I just can’t cheer for that team to win. Can’t do it. I’m not mad if they win, but I’m not sad if they lose. But seeing a national audience hear about a player from Anaconda, or Butte, or Melstone, for the first time…that just makes me happy. Can’t help it.

Edited to add: avoiding social media helps. The fans on Twitter, Facebook, egriz, are the worst of the worst. I’m sure the same applies for us Bobcat fans, although I think BN is pretty tame and reasonable. But the online fans are the worst. Just avoid all that.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:34 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Oh please. There are plenty of other examples. Earlier in this thread there's one from Brint as well.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:55 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

A whole lot of people were chanting eat sh** bison after that semifinal game. But fans from both sides believe, hear and see what they want to fit their narrative. We have crappy fans, you have crappy fans. A perfect example of your crappy fans is a guy last night in a meeting I was at. Walks in and says to a Cats fan, "Look for me on TV in Frisco baby, how's that feel?" Cats fan responds, "yep, good for you guys." UM fan, "oh lighten up, I had to endure the sh*t talking for 4 straight years. Remember when you guys won 4 in a row?" That's your crappy fans.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:37 pm

Two days ago I saw this lady I had not seen in a long time, huge Griz fan family. Of course I was wearing my Cat had so she started rubbing it in instantly. How bout that NDSU game? I was totally polite and commented how incredible that game and ending was, I has several friends in the stadium and they are saying it was the biggest game and loudest in the history of that stadium. That is saying something when you think back to all the massive playoff games there. Personally, I think the best game if all time in there was the Miracle... but I digress. Anyway, her parting comment was, Yes - it's super exciting to be going to Frisco but Bobcat fans will never know how that feels. Wow.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:38 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:37 pm
Two days ago I saw this lady I had not seen in a long time, huge Griz fan family. Of course I was wearing my Cat had so she started rubbing it in instantly. How bout that NDSU game? I was totally polite and commented how incredible that game and ending was, I has several friends in the stadium and they are saying it was the biggest game and loudest in the history of that stadium. That is saying something when you think back to all the massive playoff games there. Personally, I think the best game if all time in there was the Miracle... but I digress. Anyway, her parting comment was, Yes - it's super exciting to be going to Frisco but Bobcat fans will never know how that feels. Wow.
Two days ago I saw this lady I had not seen in a long time, huge Griz fan family. Of course I was wearing my Cat hat so she started rubbing it in instantly. How bout that NDSU game? I was totally polite and commented how incredible that game and ending was, I had several friends in the stadium and they are saying it was the biggest game and loudest in the history of that stadium. That is saying something when you think back to all the crazy playoff games there. Personally, I think the best game of all time in there was the Miracle... but I digress. Anyway, her parting comment was, Yes - it's super exciting to be going to Frisco but Bobcat fans don't know how that feels. Wow.
Last edited by catatac on Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:46 pm

catatac wrote:
Striking how many Griz fans I've spoken with (some friends, some bystanders) struggle to put together MSU won a home playoff semifinal game against a Missouri Valley football team to make it to the national title in 2021. I told one friend "you guys will have a fun Christmas. It actually sucked to wait that long until the title game back in 2021." He then looked at me and was puzzled for a second and then put it all together than in fact MSU did make the title game two years ago. He then reminded me we lost. Remind me why again I should be rooting for the good ol' Grizzlies to win the title?

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

GoGriz1023
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoGriz1023 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:51 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:40 am
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:48 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:10 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm
Honestly if I didn't have social media I could be convinced to root for the Griz. In the end we aren't so different.

But posts like this, made immediately after the Griz beat Furman, are why I just can't do it. Griz fans continued to talk smack about the Cats after the Cats lost to NDSU, this is just an example. And that's fair, to the victor go the spoils. But it sure doesn't make me want to root for your team.

How can this be? I have it on very good authority that griz fans don't think about the Cats except during Cat griz week. Surely his Twitter account has been hacked by a jealous MSU fan attempting a false flag operation.
=D^ =D^ =D^
I think we are starting to realize the psychological damage that was done to Gris fans in 2021 when the Cats were in the chipper. It hurt them bad.
And the exact reverse is happening this year....

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:44 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:46 pm
catatac wrote:
Striking how many Griz fans I've spoken with (some friends, some bystanders) struggle to put together MSU won a home playoff semifinal game against a Missouri Valley football team to make it to the national title in 2021. I told one friend "you guys will have a fun Christmas. It actually sucked to wait that long until the title game back in 2021." He then looked at me and was puzzled for a second and then put it all together than in fact MSU did make the title game two years ago. He then reminded me we lost. Remind me why again I should be rooting for the good ol' Grizzlies to win the title?
It sucks to listen to them gloat. I try very hard not to when things are reversed. I live in the Flathead Valley where it’s 90% Gris fans. The Dark Pink is loud and proud here now…Got Gris friends whom I’ve always been respectful to when we win but that went door this year after listening to her. I got even with a D bag Gris fan yesterday though and it was long over due. So this troll owed be $100 from the last Choate win. Took him 8 months to pay me $10 here,$20 there etc. etc. So I got a to go box from a local eatery, but his winnings in the bottom and buried it with used cat litter complete with turds, ( we play in the litter box you know), wrote “The Litter Box” , FTG and ESGGCG all over it and met him for a beer and hand delivered it to him. I can be a creative dick when it’s called for. I do not treat all Gris fans like this however.. some just scream for this attention though… as always #FTG

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG