FBS move-up handwriting on the wall!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: FBS move-up handwriting on the wall!

Post by RickRund » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:38 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:49 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:29 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:50 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:18 pm
Norsky19 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:23 am
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:31 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:55 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:50 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:52 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:22 pm

No, please no, Ted Turner. I don't care how much $$ he gives. I am personally waiting on "Alex Singleton Field" at "Troy Andersen Stadium"!!!
Amen, brother. Don't want that guy associated with MSU
I WAS JOKING!
Curious, why don't people want Ted Turner's money?

I know back in the day people didn't like him because he was a wealthy out of state guy who bought up a bunch of land and put up fences restricting access. It seems like that's becoming the acceptable norm now in Montana.
I wouldn’t want his money due to his wife’s role in Vietnam. Montana is full of Vietnam vets and vets in general. She’s a POS in my mind.
100%
He isn't married to Jane Fonda as someone already mentioned. He is, I assume, a democrat. However, MSU just accepted a $50 million donation from the republican governor of Montana, who a lot of people don't like. People, unjustifiably IMO, mildly complained about that. As for Jane Fonda, I don't think every veteran thinks she's a POS. It's probably about a 50-50 split among people who know who she is, but I'd guess that less than half the living veterans know who she is or what the controversy is surrounding her.
This discussion has gotten so far away from the actual topic of Bobcat football. But I would be remiss if I did not reply to Tom's comment. I could write a short novel here, but all I will say is that I lost my uncle in Vietnam in 1966. His death, and the circumstances surrounding it, dramatically affected our family members, and still does today. Even our family members born as recently as 20 years ago, know his name and how he died.

The manner in which Hanoi Jane conducted herself during her visit to Vietnam in 1972 was a spit in our faces, and the faces of every man and woman who has ever served. Yes, I will agree with Tom that probably not every veteran holds her in contempt. And as with anything, time tends to erase memories and many people today probably don't even know who she is, let alone why she will forever be known as Hanoi Jane.

Before anyone comments, I don't want anyone thinking this is a dig at Tom, or a political tirade. It is not. This is just personal for me, anytime that woman's name is mentioned. Consider it my crusade to make sure that as long as she is in the public eye, I don't want people to forget. So...for as long as I have left on this Earth, I will make sure that people know what a dirtbag of a person Hanoi Jane is, regardless of her lame and pathetic excuses she has used over the years to distance herself from that visit.

Let's talk about Bobcat football instead...............................
I can appreciate that your uncle made the ultimate sacrifice, and I can't imagine how offensive Jane's actions were. But Ted married her almost 20 years after that, and has been divorced from her for more than 20 years. She wouldn't be the one making the donation, and her name wouldn't be on it.

Not that it matters, because TT isn't making a donation anyway.
Thanks for the kind words. My reply actually has nothing to do with Ted Turner or his relationship with Hanoi Jane. I just want to make sure people are reminded of what a terrible person she is.

And I don't care for Ted either, for completely unrelated reasons. That's a story for another day...
And my disdain for them is also because of the "don't you know who we are incident" years ago. Won't take up more space with the issue. GOOOOOO BOBCATS...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:48 am

RickRund wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:38 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Norsky19 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:52 pm

Amen, brother. Don't want that guy associated with MSU
I WAS JOKING!

I know back in the day people didn't like him because he was a wealthy out of state guy who bought up a bunch of land and put up fences restricting access. It seems like that's becoming the acceptable norm now in Montana.
I wouldn’t want his money due to his wife’s role in Vietnam. Montana is full of Vietnam vets and vets in general. She’s a POS in my mind.
100%
He isn't married to Jane Fonda as someone already mentioned. He is, I assume, a democrat. However, MSU just accepted a $50 million donation from the republican governor of Montana, who a lot of people don't like. People, unjustifiably IMO, mildly complained about that. As for Jane Fonda, I don't think every veteran thinks she's a POS. It's probably about a 50-50 split among people who know who she is, but I'd guess that less than half the living veterans know who she is or what the controversy is surrounding her.
This discussion has gotten so far away from the actual topic of Bobcat football. But I would be remiss if I did not reply to Tom's comment. I could write a short novel here, but all I will say is that I lost my uncle in Vietnam in 1966. His death, and the circumstances surrounding it, dramatically affected our family members, and still does today. Even our family members born as recently as 20 years ago, know his name and how he died.

The manner in which Hanoi Jane conducted herself during her visit to Vietnam in 1972 was a spit in our faces, and the faces of every man and woman who has ever served. Yes, I will agree with Tom that probably not every veteran holds her in contempt. And as with anything, time tends to erase memories and many people today probably don't even know who she is, let alone why she will forever be known as Hanoi Jane.

Before anyone comments, I don't want anyone thinking this is a dig at Tom, or a political tirade. It is not. This is just personal for me, anytime that woman's name is mentioned. Consider it my crusade to make sure that as long as she is in the public eye, I don't want people to forget. So...for as long as I have left on this Earth, I will make sure that people know what a dirtbag of a person Hanoi Jane is, regardless of her lame and pathetic excuses she has used over the years to distance herself from that visit.

I can appreciate that your uncle made the ultimate sacrifice, and I can't imagine how offensive Jane's actions were. But Ted married her almost 20 years after that, and has been divorced from her for more than 20 years. She wouldn't be the one making the donation, and her name wouldn't be on it.

Thanks for the kind words. My reply actually has nothing to do with Ted Turner or his relationship with Hanoi Jane. I just want to make sure people are reminded of what a terrible person she is.

And I don't care for Ted either, for completely unrelated reasons. That's a story for another day...
And my disdain for them is also because of the "don't you know who we are incident" years ago. Won't take up more space with the issue. GOOOOOO BOBCATS...
Are you talking about the incident at The Oasis? Because that is greatly exaggerated.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:14 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:48 am
RickRund wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Norsky19 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I WAS JOKING!

100%

Are you talking about the incident at The Oasis? Because that is greatly exaggerated.
Now I was not in the place when it happened but am only going by the "urban legend" as it was told to me.

msubobcats@outlook.com

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:46 pm

Militarytimes.com and military.com give what I think are fair portrayals of the Hanoi Jane story.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... us-troops/

https://www.military.com/undertheradar/ ... o-hate-her

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:01 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:14 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Norsky19 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

100%

Now I was not in the place when it happened but am only going by the "urban legend" as it was told to me.
I grew up in Belgrade and I’m not sure that it’s “greatly” exaggerated unless you give more details. Before Bozeman had grown into its current state of weirdness, it was a small town vibe throughout the valley. It didn’t take long for that story to get around when it happened.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:25 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:01 pm
RickRund wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Norsky19 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

100%

I grew up in Belgrade and I’m not sure that it’s “greatly” exaggerated unless you give more details. Before Bozeman had grown into its current state of weirdness, it was a small town vibe throughout the valley. It didn’t take long for that story to get around when it happened.
Scott would tell you that they weren’t denied service, they didn’t make a scene, and they came back later multiple times but made reservations rather than try to walk in.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:23 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:25 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:01 pm
RickRund wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Norsky19 wrote:

100%

Scott would tell you that they weren’t denied service, they didn’t make a scene, and they came back later multiple times but made reservations rather than try to walk in.
I heard the story shortly after it happened and that is not the story I heard but all stories can be embellished for either view. Thanks to all for that have chimed in.

msubobcats@outlook.com

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:13 pm

Can you guys quote each other a few more times? I wanna see how long a single post can get

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:40 pm

JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:13 pm
Can you guys quote each other a few more times? I wanna see how long a single post can get
Probably my biggest pet peeve about BN. I generally try to only quote the part I want to quote. Sorry

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:06 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:40 pm
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Probably my biggest pet peeve about BN. I generally try to only quote the part I want to quote. Sorry
Don’t apologize, it’s not your fault. It’s a lovable BN site quirk😂I just click a thread that has something that I haven’t read yet, and then scroll for 5 minutes straight to find the new post. It’s more funny than anything.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:55 pm

Arguing about Jane Fonda annd the Vietnam War and it’s not even March.

It’s going to be a loooonnngg offseason.

The upside is none of the current coaches have pending DUI charges.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:34 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:55 pm
Arguing about Jane Fonda annd the Vietnam War and it’s not even March.

It’s going to be a loooonnngg offseason.

The upside is none of the current coaches have pending DUI charges.
During the Vietnam War era getting a DUI was a rite of passage.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:16 pm

JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:06 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Don’t apologize, it’s not your fault. It’s a lovable BN site quirk😂I just click a thread that has something that I haven’t read yet, and then scroll for 5 minutes straight to find the new post. It’s more funny than anything.
I agree that the long nested quotes are a pain. However if you are just trying to get to the new unread posts on a thread there is an easier way. From the forum topic list the cat head icons on the left side of each topic are your friend. If the cat head is in color, there are new posts in that topic since you last read it. If it is in white only there are no new posts since you last read it. If there are new posts click on the colored cat head icon and it will automatically take you to the newest unread post for you. The only caveat is that it does this before things like twitter posts, videos, etc. are expanded so it may jump a bit if the thread has those.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:35 pm

I used to just erase many of the previous posts in a quoted reply but since I’m on my phone almost exclusively now it’s a tedious process so oh well, I understand why we get those long chains more often.

What a ride

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:49 pm

kmax wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:16 pm
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:06 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
I agree that the long nested quotes are a pain. However if you are just trying to get to the new unread posts on a thread there is an easier way. From the forum topic list the cat head icons on the left side of each topic are your friend. If the cat head is in color, there are new posts in that topic since you last read it. If it is in white only there are no new posts since you last read it. If there are new posts click on the colored cat head icon and it will automatically take you to the newest unread post for you. The only caveat is that it does this before things like twitter posts, videos, etc. are expanded so it may jump a bit if the thread has those.
Good tip, thanks!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:19 pm

PapaG wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:35 pm
I used to just erase many of the previous posts in a quoted reply but since I’m on my phone almost exclusively now it’s a tedious process so oh well, I understand why we get those long chains more often.
Same.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:49 am

BN in the off season is so amazing.

Late night, can’t sleep. Let’s read a bit on the Cats, it is Spring ball after all. Ooh, we look good. Hope we didn’t lose too much in the portal. Our OL was supposed to be so good, hope that doesn’t change. Look at how big the new scoreboard is gonna be! Oh, here we go again with another move up to FBS thread :roll: Wait a second Jane Fonda! Ted Turner! Vietnam!! That time at the Oasis!!

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:24 pm

utucats wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:49 am

Late night, can’t sleep. Let’s read a bit on the Cats, it is Spring ball after all. Ooh, we look good. Hope we didn’t lose too much in the portal. Our OL was supposed to be so good, hope that doesn’t change. Look at how big the new scoreboard is gonna be! Oh, here we go again with another move up to FBS thread :roll: Wait a second Jane Fonda! Ted Turner! Vietnam!! That time at the Oasis!!
Idk what your problem is man, this thread hadn't been active for a month

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm

damnyoutuesday wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:24 pm
utucats wrote:

There were no clouds to yell at so he came here?

What a ride

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:25 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm
damnyoutuesday wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:24 pm
utucats wrote:

There were no clouds to yell at so he came here?
Don’t act like you didn’t miss me Papa!

Also, was it off season a month ago?