FBS move-up handwriting on the wall!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: FBS move-up handwriting on the wall!

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:50 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:52 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:22 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:26 am
PapaG wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:49 am
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:44 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:44 pm
Mtcatfan wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:18 pm
If we can go 6-6 every year and qualify for a bowl game that’ll be great. I can’t wait. Let’s do it. 😬
Yep, and that NIL money will just pour in. All fans can get home equity loans on the high priced MT houses so we can donate for more facilities as well. It will be great.
Don’t worry, it’s all a lock. The cash dump will happen any day now and everything will be bliss. I can’t wait to buy my Potato Bowl champions hoodie.
It’s been 30 years since we gave Ted Turner an honorary doctorate. He’ll be donating millions the second we go FBS!
Yeah, he lost his name on the old Turner Field in Atlanta, so it’s only right that he donates a couple hundred million for the naming rights to Bobcat Stadium. That will happen any day now.
No, please no, Ted Turner. I don't care how much $$ he gives. I am personally waiting on "Alex Singleton Field" at "Troy Andersen Stadium"!!!
Amen, brother. Don't want that guy associated with MSU
I WAS JOKING!

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:55 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:50 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
If we can go 6-6 every year and qualify for a bowl game that’ll be great. I can’t wait. Let’s do it. 😬
Yep, and that NIL money will just pour in. All fans can get home equity loans on the high priced MT houses so we can donate for more facilities as well. It will be great.
Don’t worry, it’s all a lock. The cash dump will happen any day now and everything will be bliss. I can’t wait to buy my Potato Bowl champions hoodie.
It’s been 30 years since we gave Ted Turner an honorary doctorate. He’ll be donating millions the second we go FBS!
Yeah, he lost his name on the old Turner Field in Atlanta, so it’s only right that he donates a couple hundred million for the naming rights to Bobcat Stadium. That will happen any day now.
No, please no, Ted Turner. I don't care how much $$ he gives. I am personally waiting on "Alex Singleton Field" at "Troy Andersen Stadium"!!!
I WAS JOKING!
Curious, why don't people want Ted Turner's money?

I know back in the day people didn't like him because he was a wealthy out of state guy who bought up a bunch of land and put up fences restricting access. It seems like that's becoming the acceptable norm now in Montana.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:30 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:55 pm
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
I WAS JOKING!

I know back in the day people didn't like him because he was a wealthy out of state guy who bought up a bunch of land and put up fences restricting access. It seems like that's becoming the acceptable norm now in Montana.
I’d take his money but I figure if he was going to donate any money, he’d have already done it.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:41 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
How about the Taylor Sheridan Eastside Bleachers? :D

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:28 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:41 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
How about the Taylor Sheridan Eastside Bleachers? :D
Then we could have outright lawlessness in the stands with no legal consequences from the police. I like it.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:24 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
Yes, AMEN to that...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:45 am

Double post
Last edited by PapaG on Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:46 am

Article pointing out the folly of G5 FBS teams spending so much money to be a farm system for P5 programs. At least in FCS, the budgets are manageable and the goal is an earned national championship.

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-college-foo ... 58685.html

As college football's elite is engulfed in a power struggle, G5 left just trying to survive: 'We are a farm system'

This offseason, Will Hall will be a football coach for just a few hours a day. He’ll attend morning winter workouts and, once spring practice starts, lead his Southern Miss football team on the field.

Aside from those instances, Hall is a fundraiser. On a random Wednesday in February, Hall, the coach, starts his day at 7 a.m. observing workouts. By 10 a.m., Hall, the fundraiser, is meeting with donors in his office. At 11, he jumps in his car for the 90-minute drive to the Mississippi Gulf Coast, where more donor meetings are held at 1:30 and then 3. His goal is to meet with 12 donors a week.

“I do zero football anymore. Zero football in my life right now,” Hall said. “I do culture and recruiting.

“Most of my day is spent all across the southern United States raising money,” he said before pausing, “for NIL.”

*continued at link*

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:31 pm

wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
I WAS JOKING!

I wouldn’t want his money due to his wife’s role in Vietnam. Montana is full of Vietnam vets and vets in general. She’s a POS in my mind.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:38 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:31 pm
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
I WAS JOKING!

I wouldn’t want his money due to his wife’s role in Vietnam. Montana is full of Vietnam vets and vets in general. She’s a POS in my mind.
According to wiki, Turner has been married 3 times. Jane Fonda the most recent who he divorced from in 2001.

If I’m msu, I’d happily take his money.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:01 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:38 am
94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

I WAS JOKING!

According to wiki, Turner has been married 3 times. Jane Fonda the most recent who he divorced from in 2001.

If I’m msu, I’d happily take his money.
Based on previous donors, you’d think MSU would take money from Turner. It would be against the public good not to. It’s not like he has ties to the kkk or a convicted rapist or money embezzler or working for Putin.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Norsky19
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Norsky19 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:23 am

94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
I WAS JOKING!

100%

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:27 am

Hey, we finally found a way to bring politics into yet another completely unrelated thread topic. Well done, Bobcat Nation yet again!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:41 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:27 am
Hey, we finally found a way to bring politics into yet another completely unrelated thread topic. Well done, Bobcat Nation yet again!
How is anything mentioned political? Relating to world events yes, but nothing I see is the least bit partisan....

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:18 pm

Norsky19 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:23 am
94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

I WAS JOKING!

100%
He isn't married to Jane Fonda as someone already mentioned. He is, I assume, a democrat. However, MSU just accepted a $50 million donation from the republican governor of Montana, who a lot of people don't like. People, unjustifiably IMO, mildly complained about that. As for Jane Fonda, I don't think every veteran thinks she's a POS. It's probably about a 50-50 split among people who know who she is, but I'd guess that less than half the living veterans know who she is or what the controversy is surrounding her.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:50 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:18 pm
Norsky19 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I WAS JOKING!

100%
He isn't married to Jane Fonda as someone already mentioned. He is, I assume, a democrat. However, MSU just accepted a $50 million donation from the republican governor of Montana, who a lot of people don't like. People, unjustifiably IMO, mildly complained about that. As for Jane Fonda, I don't think every veteran thinks she's a POS. It's probably about a 50-50 split among people who know who she is, but I'd guess that less than half the living veterans know who she is or what the controversy is surrounding her.
This discussion has gotten so far away from the actual topic of Bobcat football. But I would be remiss if I did not reply to Tom's comment. I could write a short novel here, but all I will say is that I lost my uncle in Vietnam in 1966. His death, and the circumstances surrounding it, dramatically affected our family members, and still does today. Even our family members born as recently as 20 years ago, know his name and how he died.

The manner in which Hanoi Jane conducted herself during her visit to Vietnam in 1972 was a spit in our faces, and the faces of every man and woman who has ever served. Yes, I will agree with Tom that probably not every veteran holds her in contempt. And as with anything, time tends to erase memories and many people today probably don't even know who she is, let alone why she will forever be known as Hanoi Jane.

Before anyone comments, I don't want anyone thinking this is a dig at Tom, or a political tirade. It is not. This is just personal for me, anytime that woman's name is mentioned. Consider it my crusade to make sure that as long as she is in the public eye, I don't want people to forget. So...for as long as I have left on this Earth, I will make sure that people know what a dirtbag of a person Hanoi Jane is, regardless of her lame and pathetic excuses she has used over the years to distance herself from that visit.

Let's talk about Bobcat football instead...............................

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:29 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:50 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Norsky19 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I WAS JOKING!

100%
This discussion has gotten so far away from the actual topic of Bobcat football. But I would be remiss if I did not reply to Tom's comment. I could write a short novel here, but all I will say is that I lost my uncle in Vietnam in 1966. His death, and the circumstances surrounding it, dramatically affected our family members, and still does today. Even our family members born as recently as 20 years ago, know his name and how he died.

The manner in which Hanoi Jane conducted herself during her visit to Vietnam in 1972 was a spit in our faces, and the faces of every man and woman who has ever served. Yes, I will agree with Tom that probably not every veteran holds her in contempt. And as with anything, time tends to erase memories and many people today probably don't even know who she is, let alone why she will forever be known as Hanoi Jane.

Before anyone comments, I don't want anyone thinking this is a dig at Tom, or a political tirade. It is not. This is just personal for me, anytime that woman's name is mentioned. Consider it my crusade to make sure that as long as she is in the public eye, I don't want people to forget. So...for as long as I have left on this Earth, I will make sure that people know what a dirtbag of a person Hanoi Jane is, regardless of her lame and pathetic excuses she has used over the years to distance herself from that visit.

I can appreciate that your uncle made the ultimate sacrifice, and I can't imagine how offensive Jane's actions were. But Ted married her almost 20 years after that, and has been divorced from her for more than 20 years. She wouldn't be the one making the donation, and her name wouldn't be on it.

Not that it matters, because TT isn't making a donation anyway.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:30 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Norsky19 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I WAS JOKING!

100%

I’d be remiss if I didn’t respond. I’m a veteran. My brother died from complications (Agent Orange>cancer) from the Vietnam War. His best friend was killed in the Vietnam War. I’ve never heard anyone in my family discuss Hanoi Jane. She’s far from the only treasoness person in the USA. There have been many people in much more qualified positions that have done far worse. Recent history not excluded. I’ll save my energy for those folks instead from here on out.

toM StUber

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:49 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:29 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Norsky19 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I WAS JOKING!

100%

I can appreciate that your uncle made the ultimate sacrifice, and I can't imagine how offensive Jane's actions were. But Ted married her almost 20 years after that, and has been divorced from her for more than 20 years. She wouldn't be the one making the donation, and her name wouldn't be on it.

Not that it matters, because TT isn't making a donation anyway.
Thanks for the kind words. My reply actually has nothing to do with Ted Turner or his relationship with Hanoi Jane. I just want to make sure people are reminded of what a terrible person she is.

And I don't care for Ted either, for completely unrelated reasons. That's a story for another day...

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:57 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:30 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Norsky19 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I WAS JOKING!

100%

I’d be remiss if I didn’t respond. I’m a veteran. My brother died from complications (Agent Orange>cancer) from the Vietnam War. His best friend was killed in the Vietnam War. I’ve never heard anyone in my family discuss Hanoi Jane. She’s far from the only treasoness person in the USA. There have been many people in much more qualified positions that have done far worse. Recent history not excluded. I’ll save my energy for those folks instead from here on out.
Thanks for the reply, Tom, and thanks for your service. My condolences to you on your brother; our guys who served over there should have been treated much better. By everyone...