New kickers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9033
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: New kickers

Post by AFCAT » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:13 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:24 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:20 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:05 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:51 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:01 pm
We don't need new kickers. Brendan and Hall are both good, capable kickers. What we need is a dedicated special teams coach, especially one with experience in working directly with the kicker. I agree with @msufaithful that a lot of the misses are due to technique.
This isn't a real post. It can't be.
Brendan and Hall were a fantastic musical group in their day.
Terrible kickers though!
But on the kick drum, Brendan was just a walking metronome. A real prodigy.
‘Kick on my list’ and ‘I can’t go for that, it’s too far’ are two of my favorite songs.


QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

User avatar
Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:07 am
Location: In a tree stand

Re: New kickers

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:27 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:13 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:24 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:20 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:05 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:51 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:01 pm
We don't need new kickers. Brendan and Hall are both good, capable kickers. What we need is a dedicated special teams coach, especially one with experience in working directly with the kicker. I agree with @msufaithful that a lot of the misses are due to technique.
This isn't a real post. It can't be.
Brendan and Hall were a fantastic musical group in their day.
Terrible kickers though!
But on the kick drum, Brendan was just a walking metronome. A real prodigy.
‘Kick on my list’ and ‘I can’t go for that, it’s too far’ are two of my favorite songs.
Oh FFS, you all knew who the hell I was talking about - lol!!! A guy makes one little mistake with the names..............



But I did have all their albums back in the day........


Image

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

User avatar
Helcat72
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4265
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: New kickers

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:25 am

How many 6-9 kickers are there in college or the pros? Not many, in fact Brenden may be the only one. He's great on punting and kickoff because he can take his time and approach the ball at his own rhythm.
When he has to kick placements he has to conform to someone else's rhythm. Given his long legs it's very difficult to hit the ball squarely in that short of time. It's not that he has bad habits, just that placements are not as efficient as kickoff or punts for a very tall person.


2022 Finish The Grizzlies

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7371
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: New kickers

Post by MSU01 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:25 am
How many 6-9 kickers are there in college or the pros? Not many, in fact Brenden may be the only one. He's great on punting and kickoff because he can take his time and approach the ball at his own rhythm.
When he has to kick placements he has to conform to someone else's rhythm. Given his long legs it's very difficult to hit the ball squarely in that short of time. It's not that he has bad habits, just that placements are not as efficient as kickoff or punts for a very tall person.
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 19020
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: New kickers

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:58 am

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am
Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:25 am
How many 6-9 kickers are there in college or the pros? Not many, in fact Brenden may be the only one. He's great on punting and kickoff because he can take his time and approach the ball at his own rhythm.
When he has to kick placements he has to conform to someone else's rhythm. Given his long legs it's very difficult to hit the ball squarely in that short of time. It's not that he has bad habits, just that placements are not as efficient as kickoff or punts for a very tall person.
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.
I admit that I was thinking he’d get one blocked but it stands to reason that if was prone to that, then he probably wouldn’t have made it this far.

Teams/kickers miss kicks. Even HoFer Jan Stenerud, who had one of the worst misses of all time costing the Chiefs in a playoff game. It’s probably happened to every kicker to ever play. Gary Andersen made all his xps and FGs in 1998, then missed his last FG attempt of the year and it cost Minnesota a trip to the Super Bowl. This isn’t to say MSU shouldn’t be looking for a kicker but just that no matter how good you think they are, they can still miss at the worst possible time.


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kwcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2618
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: New kickers

Post by kwcat » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:29 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:58 am
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am
Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:25 am
How many 6-9 kickers are there in college or the pros? Not many, in fact Brenden may be the only one. He's great on punting and kickoff because he can take his time and approach the ball at his own rhythm.
When he has to kick placements he has to conform to someone else's rhythm. Given his long legs it's very difficult to hit the ball squarely in that short of time. It's not that he has bad habits, just that placements are not as efficient as kickoff or punts for a very tall person.
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.
I admit that I was thinking he’d get one blocked but it stands to reason that if was prone to that, then he probably wouldn’t have made it this far.

Teams/kickers miss kicks. Even HoFer Jan Stenerud, who had one of the worst misses of all time costing the Chiefs in a playoff game. It’s probably happened to every kicker to ever play. Gary Andersen made all his xps and FGs in 1998, then missed his last FG attempt of the year and it cost Minnesota a trip to the Super Bowl. This isn’t to say MSU shouldn’t be looking for a kicker but just that no matter how good you think they are, they can still miss at the worst possible time.
I don’t know if we have anyone on the staff to be able to coach a kicker or not. Hopefully both of the young men are getting some quality off-season coaching to improve their game. Both I think can be very good. Just need to overcome whatever issues have been plaguing them.



User avatar
PapaG
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8517
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:44 am
Location: The Magic City, MT

Re: New kickers

Post by PapaG » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:39 am

I think we all can agree if Gary Anderson and Scott Norwood had been coached just a little bit better, neither would have missed their infamous kicks.


Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: Back in the US, but not home

Re: New kickers

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:37 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.
Being tall is a disadvantage for being able to command/control pitches in baseball. Height makes it more difficult to repeat your technique. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for kicking.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13589
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: New kickers

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:21 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:37 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.
Being tall is a disadvantage for being able to command/control pitches in baseball. Height makes it more difficult to repeat your technique. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for kicking.
Isn’t the average mlb pitcher taller than the average field player?



BgCATfan
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:23 am
Location: Belgrade, Mt

Re: New kickers

Post by BgCATfan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:32 pm

4thecats wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:54 pm
catscat wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:41 pm
Can't tell you how many FCS teams have dedicated special teams coaches but SDSU does and I'd imagine any that team that wants to excel at ST does. Same with kicking, but I don't think it takes a ton of specialized kicking training or experience to recognize that an XP kicker varies the length of his first step resulting in his plant foot being in the wrong place to keep from kicking too low and having kicks blocked. If nothing else, an ST coach can google it just like you can google House's offense tutorials.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... sttF64sqXd
You are bat ****** crazy if you think you can just Google how to kick and then go teach a kicker.
That's like trying to fix a Tiger Woods swing by googling how to hit the driver straight!
Kicking is so technical and any coach knows not to help a kicker unless they are a kicking coach.
Actually I think it could be pretty easy in Hall's case. "hey Brendan, aim farther left!!". Pick a spot behind the goal post to the left side of middle. Just like bowhunting. Aim small, miss small. I think every miss was pushed to the right except for one. Supposedly he makes EVERYTHING in practice and pushes kicks right in games. Seems nerves related, not mechanical. Could be something as simple as changing his game aim point whatever that may be.
And I actually did fix my slice by watching videos. :D



Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 576
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: New kickers

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:20 pm

BgCATfan wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:32 pm
4thecats wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:54 pm
catscat wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:41 pm
Can't tell you how many FCS teams have dedicated special teams coaches but SDSU does and I'd imagine any that team that wants to excel at ST does. Same with kicking, but I don't think it takes a ton of specialized kicking training or experience to recognize that an XP kicker varies the length of his first step resulting in his plant foot being in the wrong place to keep from kicking too low and having kicks blocked. If nothing else, an ST coach can google it just like you can google House's offense tutorials.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... sttF64sqXd
:D
You are bat ****** crazy if you think you can just Google how to kick and then go teach a kicker.
That's like trying to fix a Tiger Woods swing by googling how to hit the driver straight!
Kicking is so technical and any coach knows not to help a kicker unless they are a kicking coach.
Actually I think it could be pretty easy in Hall's case. "hey Brendan, aim farther left!!". Pick a spot behind the goal post to the left side of middle. Just like bowhunting. Aim small, miss small. I think every miss was pushed to the right except for one. Supposedly he makes EVERYTHING in practice and pushes kicks right in games. Seems nerves related, not mechanical. Could be something as simple as changing his game aim point whatever that may be.
And I actually did fix my slice by watching videos. :D
I need that slice Video
Last edited by Buckaroo Bonzi on Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Kalispell, MT

Re: New kickers

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:22 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:37 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.
Being tall is a disadvantage for being able to command/control pitches in baseball. Height makes it more difficult to repeat your technique. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for kicking.
Yeah it's like using a longer driver in golf. That extra few inches adds a few more MPH and gives you more power, but it also gives you more ways to make mistakes. You'd never use a longer driver if you're trying to get better control. Theoretically, he could shorten up his "swing" to something compact and easier to control for most kicks. Theoretically...


Image

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 19020
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: New kickers

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:48 pm

kwcat wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:29 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:58 am
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am
Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:25 am
How many 6-9 kickers are there in college or the pros? Not many, in fact Brenden may be the only one. He's great on punting and kickoff because he can take his time and approach the ball at his own rhythm.
When he has to kick placements he has to conform to someone else's rhythm. Given his long legs it's very difficult to hit the ball squarely in that short of time. It's not that he has bad habits, just that placements are not as efficient as kickoff or punts for a very tall person.
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.
I admit that I was thinking he’d get one blocked but it stands to reason that if was prone to that, then he probably wouldn’t have made it this far.

Teams/kickers miss kicks. Even HoFer Jan Stenerud, who had one of the worst misses of all time costing the Chiefs in a playoff game. It’s probably happened to every kicker to ever play. Gary Andersen made all his xps and FGs in 1998, then missed his last FG attempt of the year and it cost Minnesota a trip to the Super Bowl. This isn’t to say MSU shouldn’t be looking for a kicker but just that no matter how good you think they are, they can still miss at the worst possible time.
I don’t know if we have anyone on the staff to be able to coach a kicker or not. Hopefully both of the young men are getting some quality off-season coaching to improve their game. Both I think can be very good. Just need to overcome whatever issues have been plaguing them.
I think that they will be trying to get better in numerous ways, instinctively. It just a competitive persons nature. That doesn’t ensure that they’ll make clutch kicks.


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 632
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: New kickers

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:05 pm

Could be an incredible weapon from long distance at the elevation in Bozeman. Hope he can figure it out.



User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: Back in the US, but not home

Re: New kickers

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:48 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:21 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:37 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.
Being tall is a disadvantage for being able to command/control pitches in baseball. Height makes it more difficult to repeat your technique. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for kicking.
Isn’t the average mlb pitcher taller than the average field player?
Yes. Just like the average punter is taller than the average kicker. Height is an advantage for generating velocity.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

kwcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2618
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: New kickers

Post by kwcat » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:55 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:48 pm
kwcat wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:29 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:58 am
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am
Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:25 am
How many 6-9 kickers are there in college or the pros? Not many, in fact Brenden may be the only one. He's great on punting and kickoff because he can take his time and approach the ball at his own rhythm.
When he has to kick placements he has to conform to someone else's rhythm. Given his long legs it's very difficult to hit the ball squarely in that short of time. It's not that he has bad habits, just that placements are not as efficient as kickoff or punts for a very tall person.
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.
I admit that I was thinking he’d get one blocked but it stands to reason that if was prone to that, then he probably wouldn’t have made it this far.

Teams/kickers miss kicks. Even HoFer Jan Stenerud, who had one of the worst misses of all time costing the Chiefs in a playoff game. It’s probably happened to every kicker to ever play. Gary Andersen made all his xps and FGs in 1998, then missed his last FG attempt of the year and it cost Minnesota a trip to the Super Bowl. This isn’t to say MSU shouldn’t be looking for a kicker but just that no matter how good you think they are, they can still miss at the worst possible time.
I don’t know if we have anyone on the staff to be able to coach a kicker or not. Hopefully both of the young men are getting some quality off-season coaching to improve their game. Both I think can be very good. Just need to overcome whatever issues have been plaguing them.
I think that they will be trying to get better in numerous ways, instinctively. It just a competitive persons nature. That doesn’t ensure that they’ll make clutch kicks.
When Hall missed his kicks, he was consistently pushing to the right. Got to be something in his mechanics that should be able to be fixed I would think. And maybe just a mental part of his approach.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7284
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: New kickers

Post by RickRund » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:12 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:22 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:37 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.
Being tall is a disadvantage for being able to command/control pitches in baseball. Height makes it more difficult to repeat your technique. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for kicking.
Yeah it's like using a longer driver in golf. That extra few inches adds a few more MPH and gives you more power, but it also gives you more ways to make mistakes. You'd never use a longer driver if you're trying to get better control. Theoretically, he could shorten up his "swing" to something compact and easier to control for most kicks. Theoretically...
I don't think they make a short enough driver to fix my slice..


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2961
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Re: New kickers

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:48 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:12 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:22 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:37 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:20 am
There aren't many 6'9" kickers because there aren't many 6'9" people, not because being tall is some kind of a disadvantage to being able to kick well. It's all about leg strength, technique, and the overall coordination and timing between the long snapper, holder, and kicker. Hall has all the leg strength you could ever want but something was off last year in the other areas. I have a hard time believing his height had anything to do with it any more than I believed last year's claim from some here that he would have more punts blocked because of his longer leg.
Being tall is a disadvantage for being able to command/control pitches in baseball. Height makes it more difficult to repeat your technique. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for kicking.
Yeah it's like using a longer driver in golf. That extra few inches adds a few more MPH and gives you more power, but it also gives you more ways to make mistakes. You'd never use a longer driver if you're trying to get better control. Theoretically, he could shorten up his "swing" to something compact and easier to control for most kicks. Theoretically...
I don't think they make a short enough driver to fix my slice..
I don’t golf all that much but I use to slice badly. I didn’t golf at all for 2years because of hip pain and eventually hip replacement. Ever since the hip replacement my golf shots are straight as an arrow. Bizarre for sure


If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7284
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: New kickers

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:31 am

The RAMS had the worst FG % in the nfl. Their kickers missed 11 FGs for the season. Haven't checked to see if that caused a loss or not.

49ers would have won if their kicker had been more accurate if I am not mistaken. That and the very, very rare McCaffery fumble.


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Kalispell, MT

Re: New kickers

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:33 am

RickRund wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:31 am
The RAMS had the worst FG % in the nfl. Their kickers missed 11 FGs for the season. Haven't checked to see if that caused a loss or not.

49ers would have won if their kicker had been more accurate if I am not mistaken. That and the very, very rare McCaffery fumble.
He did miss a PAT in the Super Bowl, but at the same time he's the reason they were in a position to go to OT, having made two 50-plus yard kicks.


Image

Post Reply