Housewright cited for aggravated DUI

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: Housewright cited for aggravated DUI

Post by tetoncat » Mon May 15, 2023 8:49 pm

Seems like not a lot of attorneys or HR staff on here. Are contracts thru end of June. I would expect if cases are resolved we see changes if guilty and if not then let go at end of contract. I am not sure there is anything else they can do.

Sports is not bigger than life

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon May 15, 2023 9:02 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 8:49 pm
Seems like not a lot of attorneys or HR staff on here. Are contracts thru end of June. I would expect if cases are resolved we see changes if guilty and if not then let go at end of contract. I am not sure there is anything else they can do.
Having a new coaching staff at the beginning of August, when the season is near starting, is less than ideal.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon May 15, 2023 9:32 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 8:29 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 8:20 pm
Unpopular opinion, Vigens seat is getting very hot (or should be). This is a huge embarrassment to MSU. It’s starting to look like this is an acceptable culture in Bobcat Football.
It's pretty obvious to me from his statement in the most recent article that whether you agree with it or hate it, how this is being handled is not Vigen's call. How the university responds to the court cases if there are guilty verdicts will tell me all I need to know about whether there's a culture problem or if these were isolated incidents with the people involved rightly terminated if found guilty.
Willie Mack's court date is June 28th. We shall see what the judge decides then. Anyone who isn't perplexed by these last two incidents hasn't dealt with distasteful situations involving subordinates and the legal process. One of my favorite military experiences was busting a military policeman who continually screwed with 2LTs, especially West Pointers. Suffice it to say I don't trust Montana Highway Patrolmen any more than I do the Montana game wardens who are in actuality the Sheriff of Notingham protecting the King's deer (and elk). Local yokels comprise the majority of their citations while the large out of state landowners can poach all they want.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 pm

So much for having a coaching staff 1 august. 3 coaches with charges.
3 new coaches 1 Aug.
Let me rethink our chances for a natti this year.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon May 15, 2023 9:53 pm

Remember when Kramer was fired for the actions of others. That didn’t work out so well for MSU. Glad to see them letting the legal process play out before rushing any decisions.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon May 15, 2023 10:18 pm

utucats wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:53 pm
Remember when Kramer was fired for the actions of others. That didn’t work out so well for MSU. Glad to see them letting the legal process play out before rushing any decisions.
Me too. You also have to remember you live in a state with a 7 percent Native American population that's 37 percent of the incarcerated population. I don't trust the Montana law enforcement community. Too many examples of biased at best and crooked cops at the worst allowed to go elsewhere and continue their career.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon May 15, 2023 10:19 pm

This reminds me of being in the marines and sitting in the barracks waiting for the fuk-fuk games to begin because some pfc got an alcohol-related incident.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon May 15, 2023 10:22 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:18 pm
utucats wrote:
Me too. You also have to remember you live in a state with a 7 percent Native American population that's 37 percent of the incarcerated population. I don't trust the Montana law enforcement community. Too many examples of biased at best and crooked cops at the worst allowed to go elsewhere and continue their career.
Damnit Grad! Nothing is worse than when someone agrees with you and then says multiple things that you do not agree with.

Now what am I supposed to do?

Well played.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon May 15, 2023 10:56 pm

utucats wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:22 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:18 pm
utucats wrote:
Damnit Grad! Nothing is worse than when someone agrees with you and then says multiple things that you do not agree with.

Now what am I supposed to do?

Well played.
Don't worry about crap posted in sites such as this. Maybe spend a couple hours going through various and assorted online nom de plume's posts and show the board what idiotic posts many frequent flyer posters post here. Especially their gameday crap critical of a group of kids execution of plays. Or better yet, questioning the calls the coaches made. Damn, I bet you could agree with some of the critiques of the critics. Especially the evaluators of talent.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon May 15, 2023 11:04 pm

I really felt this year was our best chance at a NC. Now I would be fine with replacing all the coaches and starting over.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon May 15, 2023 11:11 pm

gtapp wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:04 pm
I really felt this year was our best chance at a NC. Now I would be fine with replacing all the coaches and starting over.
Take heart. They may only be replacing three but it's a start. Still a few months of downtime to go and there's bound to be more festivities. A lot can happen over the summer.

Besides, I understand there's a few volunteer coaches with some very impressive credentials? Probably better off with a couple of them anyway. Just a rumor you know.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue May 16, 2023 7:22 am

utucats wrote:
The termination was legal. It was the slander in the press release that got Kramer paid.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

SparkCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by SparkCat » Tue May 16, 2023 7:25 am

Regardless of convictions of these three stooges, would it not just be possible to let them go on the basis of not upholding MSU’s Athletic Department’s Strategic Plan and Mission Statement. If these individuals are not fitting the mold of where we want to see our university, what is the point to have such documents? Sure, the school can bend here and there but they cannot break and regardless of any sort of conviction, what happened was also jackassery, it’s behavior that a leader and agent for success for our student athletes should never be involved in.
Last edited by SparkCat on Tue May 16, 2023 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue May 16, 2023 7:29 am

How long until the coaches’ state vehicles are installed with mandatory InterLock devices?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue May 16, 2023 7:44 am

Udy combines with Vigen as OC. Vigen takes over as QB coach. Daly is DC. Shepard takes over all the secondary. RB coach is new.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Tue May 16, 2023 7:45 am

In addition to the DUI, Housewright was cited for leaving the scene of an accident and failing to give notice of an accident. The MHP trooper — the same one who cited Mix — wrote in his report that Housewright crashed, left the scene and drove a different vehicle to the trooper’s traffic stop while a “friend drove crashed vehicle.”

The trooper’s description of Mix’s obstruction charge says Mix “drove a vehicle being flat towed away from crash scene” and “lied about being the driver of the vehicle during the crash.”

The documents note that Mix had a driving “status suspended out of Washington” but don’t say why Mix’s driving privilege was suspended or revoked. His driving license, also from Washington state, expires on Jan. 4, 2024, per the documents. Mix is from Sammamish, Washington.
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 36524.html
[/quote]

That line reads pretty funny. It’s as if HW crashed and them jumped in another vehicle to drive up to a cop that already had someone pulled over. Bold move Cotton.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue May 16, 2023 7:52 am

ND0479 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 7:45 am

In addition to the DUI, Housewright was cited for leaving the scene of an accident and failing to give notice of an accident. The MHP trooper — the same one who cited Mix — wrote in his report that Housewright crashed, left the scene and drove a different vehicle to the trooper’s traffic stop while a “friend drove crashed vehicle.”

The trooper’s description of Mix’s obstruction charge says Mix “drove a vehicle being flat towed away from crash scene” and “lied about being the driver of the vehicle during the crash.”

The documents note that Mix had a driving “status suspended out of Washington” but don’t say why Mix’s driving privilege was suspended or revoked. His driving license, also from Washington state, expires on Jan. 4, 2024, per the documents. Mix is from Sammamish, Washington.
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 36524.html
That line reads pretty funny. It’s as if HW crashed and them jumped in another vehicle to drive up to a cop that already had someone pulled over. Bold move Cotton.
[/quote]

Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

justafan

Post by justafan » Tue May 16, 2023 8:20 am

I imagine Vigen's contract has pretty much the same language. They are public record so should be easy to find them. https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnew ... f4.pdf.pdf

justafan

Post by justafan » Tue May 16, 2023 8:29 am

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue May 16, 2023 8:47 am

I just saw certain resemblances:

Mix=Curly
Willie Mack=Larry
Housewright=Moe's