Colby Sorsdal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Colby Sorsdal

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon May 08, 2023 1:24 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 12:43 pm
PapaG wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 12:38 pm
I played AA basketball and also won two state titles in baseball and the bias on this board against large school players seems ridiculous. Two of my nephews will likely play football for Montana State if not UM and they’re at a AA school. Tommy Mellot played at a AA school. It’s simply a different caliber of competition unless you’re a freak like Troy who played A ball.
Where are you reading AA bias?
Yeah I'm scratching my head over that one. I don't see anything in this thread and can't remember many people (if any) talking about how AA kids aren't as good. I'm from a small school and pull for the small town kids to do well, but AA produces more good football players and I think pretty much everybody recognizes that. The small towns do hate when their kids head to AA schools and that kind of got mentioned in this thread, but to say it's bias against AA is a reach. I'm guessing PapaG just wanted another chance to talk about himself and his nephews.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon May 08, 2023 1:26 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 1:24 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 12:43 pm
PapaG wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 12:38 pm
I played AA basketball and also won two state titles in baseball and the bias on this board against large school players seems ridiculous. Two of my nephews will likely play football for Montana State if not UM and they’re at a AA school. Tommy Mellot played at a AA school. It’s simply a different caliber of competition unless you’re a freak like Troy who played A ball.
Where are you reading AA bias?
Yeah I'm scratching my head over that one. I don't see anything in this thread and can't remember many people (if any) talking about how AA kids aren't as good. I'm from a small school and pull for the small town kids to do well, but AA produces more good football players and I think pretty much everybody recognizes that. The small towns do hate when their kids head to AA schools and that kind of got mentioned in this thread, but to say it's bias against AA is a reach. I'm guessing PapaG just wanted another chance to talk about himself and his nephews.
Add me to the list of people stumped by the post.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon May 08, 2023 1:43 pm

I wish the foe button would not allow those who annoy the hell out of you would not show up in the thread...

I mean, I hate to get sarcastic with some of the dumb ****** many frequent flyer posters type, but I just can't help myself at times...

Al Bundy is alive and well with more than a few folks who frequent all sports chat rooms anymore. Just have to let us all know about their high school and college glory days...

Legends in their own minds.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue May 09, 2023 8:51 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 9:53 am
Cat Grad wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:37 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:03 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:09 am

When I was younger, I recall the Manhattan coach watching that bunch in Three Forks like a hawk to make certain good Willow Creek players didn't get to play come tournament time along with Wilsall and Clyde Park doing the same. That was in the sixties...
My dad graduated from Wilsall in ‘66. He says the only time they teamed up with Clyde Park was Little League baseball.
Don't try to make me feel old! Gary Gee from Belgrade married a family friend's daughter from the Shorthorn town! At least you weren't a shorthorn or magpie...
A panther through and through though.
I had a really good friend at college from Wilsall. He was a farm/ranch raised kid. Probably would have graduated in 64. All I can remember is his first name was Ed... It was at Lassen Jr College...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.