Board of Regents...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Re: Board of Regents...

Post by CodyCat » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:14 am

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:17 pm
Football is making way too much money off of the cabanas. I have a feeling, you'll never see stands in that end zone. Hell, that's where Nick Faldo hangs out.
How about Cabanas on top of the BAC? :)

Hating the griz since 02.

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:41 am

So did the videoboard and sound system get approved by the regents?

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcats » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:23 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:14 am
PHAT CAT wrote:
Football is making way too much money off of the cabanas. I have a feeling, you'll never see stands in that end zone. Hell, that's where Nick Faldo hangs out.
But field suites with seating above would make even more then the current cabanas. That my be the best route to go at this point. All the new stadiums are building those right now.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:08 pm

damnyoutuesday wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:41 am
So did the videoboard and sound system get approved by the regents?
Answer is on the first page….but, yes, it was approved.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:09 pm

bcats wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:23 pm
CodyCat wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
But field suites with seating above would make even more then the current cabanas. That my be the best route to go at this point. All the new stadiums are building those right now.
Roof seating will have a fantastic view of the back of the new and larger scoreboard.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:20 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:09 pm
bcats wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:23 pm
CodyCat wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Roof seating will have a fantastic view of the back of the new and larger scoreboard.
Ok ok ok.... I got it. The top of the scoreboard is the front of the new BAC box seat tailgate area!
Flash the scoreboard on TV with all the prospects and whales partying watching the game.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:20 am

I just read through the proposal and authorization documents for the project. This approval is only for the infrastructure for the video, sound and timing machines. Will MSU have to go back to the BOR to get approval to actually purchase the video board at some point? Because there is no way the video board and infrastructure costs would only total a million dollars. I'd assume the video board alone would be wayyy over a million.

Also was interesting to read that UMs practice bubble was approved for increase of spending. Originally was approved at 7 mil and was approved to raise that cost to 10 mil. Thats a pile of money for something thats been talked about as temporary until something larger can be built.

Hating the griz since 02.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:54 am

CodyCat wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:20 am
I just read through the proposal and authorization documents for the project. This approval is only for the infrastructure for the video, sound and timing machines. Will MSU have to go back to the BOR to get approval to actually purchase the video board at some point? Because there is no way the video board and infrastructure costs would only total a million dollars. I'd assume the video board alone would be wayyy over a million.

Also was interesting to read that UMs practice bubble was approved for increase of spending. Originally was approved at 7 mil and was approved to raise that cost to 10 mil. Thats a pile of money for something thats been talked about as temporary until something larger can be built.
I was under the impression that MSU has already ordered the new scoreboard itself but has been waiting for it to be ready due to supply chain issues causing delays in production.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:35 am

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:54 am
CodyCat wrote:

I was under the impression that MSU has already ordered the new scoreboard itself but has been waiting for it to be ready due to supply chain issues causing delays in production.
I recall hearing that much of the scoreboard cost is covered by Learfield as they retain marketing rights. Is that not the case?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:37 am

MSU01 wrote:
CodyCat wrote:

Wasn't there something about Learfield doing the video board, since they get all the advertising money on it anyway.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:39 am

cats2506 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:37 am
MSU01 wrote:
CodyCat wrote:

Wasn't there something about Learfield doing the video board, since they get all the advertising money on it anyway.
That could be it. I just remember seeing a couple of times here that the new scoreboard is on order but there have been production & delivery delays.