That feeling

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

cat4lyf
BobcatNation Letterman

That feeling

Post by cat4lyf » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:54 pm

I'm starting to get the feeling.... This is our year for the natty win! No I have not talked to anyone "in the know" but I often get these feelings and I am rarely wrong. Last time I had this was our last national championship. Anyone else feel like this is our year to win it all? I am getting older so maybe my existential senses are less accurate

MSU alum
Inside Connections
Korner Klub
Tailgate guy
Family man

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: That feeling

Post by gtapp » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:47 pm

On paper we look really good.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:12 pm

cat4lyf wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:54 pm
I'm starting to get the feeling.... This is our year for the natty win! No I have not talked to anyone "in the know" but I often get these feelings and I am rarely wrong. Last time I had this was our last national championship. Anyone else feel like this is our year to win it all? I am getting older so maybe my existential senses are less accurate
Nice try weirdo. Lol

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:24 am

cat4lyf wrote:
Yep 2001 was a great year for you guys. The jizz were loaded that year.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:39 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:53 am

You mean love, that feeling you feel right before you feel a feeling you never felt before?

If your left, you aren’t right.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:46 am

cat4lyf wrote:

I get “that feeling” that you are trolling….

I just don’t get it. Griz fans that come over here and troll, and cat fans that troll on egriz. WTF is wrong with you people?!?! Do you really not have anything better to do with your time? Get some help.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:56 am

cat4lyf wrote:
Anyone that had that feeling in 84' is a complete moron. That team exceeded expectations again and again which is why they were the "Cardiac Cats"

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:09 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:56 am
cat4lyf wrote:
Anyone that had that feeling in 84' is a complete moron. That team exceeded expectations again and again which is why they were the "Cardiac Cats"
No kidding, it’s not like the ‘83 team and their one win (against the gris) gave us hope that ‘84 was going to be a special season.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:58 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:09 am
cats2506 wrote:
cat4lyf wrote:
No kidding, it’s not like the ‘83 team and their one win (against the gris) gave us hope that ‘84 was going to be a special season.
As I recall we were pretty much in disarray at the beginning of the 84' season, the exit of Lubick hurt a lot (still does), then a one year coach that left for the NFL and then a 1-10 season. That is part of what made that season so fun, expectations were not high, and the team just kept finding ways to win.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:24 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:58 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:09 am
cats2506 wrote:
cat4lyf wrote:
As I recall we were pretty much in disarray at the beginning of the 84' season, the exit of Lubick hurt a lot (still does), then a one year coach that left for the NFL and then a 1-10 season. That is part of what made that season so fun, expectations were not high, and the team just kept finding ways to win.
Yup, started off 2-2 and then went on the run. There were seriously close games along the way, including the 4 overtime win against UNR and the incredible finish against Boise. I don't know of anyone that thought at the beginning of the season that the Cats would even have a winning record let alone win the Natty.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter