Philanthropy opportunity

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Philanthropy opportunity

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:58 pm

Here is an opportunity that I mentioned a couple years ago, and will bring up again, that I think really helps out a lot of people in a fairly creative way. I can't remember who first came up with the idea, but it works out really well.

First, buy a couple extra sets of season tickets for the upcoming Bobcats football season. This puts more money into the Bobcats' program. That is a very good thing.

Second, donate these tickets to the Gallatin County Big Brothers and Big Sisters. This provides opportunities for kids who might not otherwise have the chance to take in a game to see some great Bobcat football (a very good thing). It also makes the purchase of the tickets tax deductible for you (also a good thing). Finally, it puts more people in the stands, which is good for everybody.

To donate, please contact Big Brothers/Big Sisters by emailing Julie Toal at Julie@bigbrotherssisters.org, or simply mail your tickets with a quick explanation of your donation to:

Big Brothers Big Sisters
15 South 8th Avenue
Bozeman, MT 59715

A summary of the season ticket options can be seen at:

http://msubobcats.com/ticket_pricing.php?action=season

To order the season tickets, call 994-CATS. I will make the call tomorrow morning, so I challenge others to do the same. Particularly for us out-of-staters, this is a great way to still be able to say that we are seaon ticket holders/purchasers, even if we don't have the chance to always be there in person!
Last edited by SonomaCat on Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:57 pm

A bit of additional information -- tickets that are being donated to the Big Brothers and Big Sisters can be purchased under the "Family Pepsi Zone" seating, which are $37 (very affordable). The purchase limit at that pricing level is five tickets.

The MSU ticket office will also mail the tickets directly to the Big Brothers Big Sisters office if you ask them to.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.