Brookings

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Brookings

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:16 pm

We plan on driving to Brookings, but a friend is interested in a charter, so I told her I would ask on Bobcat Nation. Thanks!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Brookings

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:26 pm

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:16 pm
We plan on driving to Brookings, but a friend is interested in a charter, so I told her I would ask on Bobcat Nation. Thanks!
Driving. Still contemplating whether or not to take the boat as we'll be out west the following week.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:27 pm

We are making a motor home excursion and have no interest in a charter.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:31 pm

We will be in our Motorhome.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

chadtothebone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by chadtothebone » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:46 pm

Some friends and myself will be driving over. Brookings is close to my hometown and actually did attend SDSU back in the day, as did a lot of family and friends. We are driving to Chamberlain SD (on the Missouri River) Friday where my parents have place they spend all summer at. Then head to Brookings on Saturday for the game. My relatives are boosters to the SDSU football program and have box seats at the stadium.

Ty Gregorak- "Football is as American as a Dad chasing his kids with power tools"

chadtothebone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by chadtothebone » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:47 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:26 pm
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Driving. Still contemplating whether or not to take the boat as we'll be out west the following week.
We will be fishing Friday night with my dad on the Missouri.

Ty Gregorak- "Football is as American as a Dad chasing his kids with power tools"

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:50 pm

Driving but then I only live 2 and 1/2 hours away.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:10 pm

We are going but we will drive.

I suspect charter info wouldn't be available until late summer if it is an option.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:58 pm

chadtothebone wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:46 pm
Some friends and myself will be driving over. Brookings is close to my hometown and actually did attend SDSU back in the day, as did a lot of family and friends. We are driving to Chamberlain SD (on the Missouri River) Friday where my parents have place they spend all summer at. Then head to Brookings on Saturday for the game. My relatives are boosters to the SDSU football program and have box seats at the stadium.
I like the Chamberlain area. Makes a great stopping point on cross country treks. The new grocery store on the east side of town before you drop down over the hill is great!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:31 pm

chadtothebone wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:47 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Some really nice fish there. Looking at Detroit Lakes for a few days before the game then out to the coast.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:46 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:31 pm
chadtothebone wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Some really nice fish there. Looking at Detroit Lakes for a few days before the game then out to the coast.
It will snow and the field will be icy. I'd recommend leaving early, partying a lot, and stay late.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:26 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:46 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
chadtothebone wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
It will snow and the field will be icy. I'd recommend leaving early, partying a lot, and stay late.
Really comfortable 96° with a low 70% humidity. Perfect football weather.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:55 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
chadtothebone wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Participated in a wedding last June at Detroit Lakes. Had a nice hotel room right on the scenic lakeshore. Judging from the insane number of lakes in the area, and the number of fishing tackle shops, it looks like fishing is a big, big deal. Really a nice area. We enjoyed our time there.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:15 pm

My ex wife has a huge family presence there and I swore to myself back in the 90’s that I’d never go back. Will be watching from home most likely.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:23 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:55 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
chadtothebone wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Participated in a wedding last June at Detroit Lakes. Had a nice hotel room right on the scenic lakeshore. Judging from the insane number of lakes in the area, and the number of fishing tackle shops, it looks like fishing is a big, big deal. Really a nice area. We enjoyed our time there.
It is a nice area with some of the best hunting and fishing in the country. Lots to see and do in the upper midwest (don't like the winters but pretty easy to head south from there).

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:27 am

Never been to a Cats road game, (except to the sh!thole over west). We are planning on going to one this year and had thought of going to Weber, but now we are thinking SDSU would be better. Haven't decided for sure yet but would drive whichever way we go.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:40 am

Any one know how hard it might be to get tickets? If I go it will be a late decision and will probably drive the RV and take in Mount Rushmore.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:31 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:40 am
Any one know how hard it might be to get tickets? If I go it will be a late decision and will probably drive the RV and take in Mount Rushmore.
Their attendance has been better as of late. Coming off a Natty and MSU in town the place might actually sell out. Im also expecting a pile of Bobcat fans to make the trip. If tickets are reasonable in price, I'd probably just buy them when they go on sale and eat the cost if you cant make it.

Hating the griz since 02.

tdub

Post by tdub » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:01 am

What are the odds this game gets moved to week ‘zero’ and is on ESPN for the FCS kickoff? Would be an ideal game for it.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:15 am

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:27 am
Never been to a Cats road game, (except to the sh!thole over west). We are planning on going to one this year and had thought of going to Weber, but now we are thinking SDSU would be better. Haven't decided for sure yet but would drive whichever way we go.
I’ve been to Weber with VB twice. Didn’t like it either time, because local fans were simply not friendly. And it was the worst harassment of our players — the up official descended from his throne on two or three occasions to speak to Weber sideline about controlling the fans. Some of the players were in tears after the game. Usually local fans are chatty and friendly — I’ve had really good experiences at Idaho St. and Southern Utah. Go to South Dakota State.