Brookings

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Brookings

Post by kmax » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:01 pm

tdub wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:01 am
What are the odds this game gets moved to week ‘zero’ and is on ESPN for the FCS kickoff? Would be an ideal game for it.
Looks like the official FCS Kickoff game for Week 0 is already set between Mercer and North Alabama (there's a ratings bonanza! #-o )

http://www.roarlions.com/news/2023/2/2/ ... -game.aspx

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:59 pm

Flying to Minnesota to see the Granddaughter then driving to Brookings with my Son for the game. 3 hour drive so will probably stay over Saturday night to celebrate. :)

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

ringthebells
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ringthebells » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:55 am

Jackrabbit fan here. If you are trying to decide whether to buy a ticket early or wait, buy a ticket. This one will sell out for sure. It isn't very often we get a regular season out-of-conference opponent of your caliber. A 6:00 start coupled a great opponent and excitment at an all time high, the Dana will be rockin'. If you decide not to come, selling the ticket shouldn't be any problem.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:47 am

Had a conversation on this topic with @MinnesotaJack in early January. Told him I would post this to the main board eventually, now is as good a time as any. This should answer some questions. Really looking forward to this road game, even more so than any FBS roadie that I've ever had the pleasure of attending.
grizzh8r wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:35 am
You seem to be one of the more active Jack posters here on BN, so I'm hoping you can help out. I am seriously considering making the road trip to Brookings for the game on September 9th (very interested to see how my Bobcats outside zone running scheme works against your stout Jack defense with good footing) but we have 2 young kids (will be 5 and almost 8 ). The youngest does not handle heat well (hereditary heat intolerance issue), so I don't know if he will be able to make it through the game.

I see that both early season games in 2022 were playing in the evening (6pm start time for both Butler and UCD). Looks like they were the only evening games the entire season. I even managed to listen to the UCD streaming broadcast on my way home from the Bobcat game that evening, was a really good game!

Are these early evening starts typical for September Jack football games? Pending broadcast media meddling with "normal" start times, how likely do you think it will be an evening kickoff? I can imagine it will still be pretty warm/sticky at 6pm (at least for this Montanan that's used to low humidity!), but at least some of the stadium will be shaded by that time.

Also, when do single game tickets usually go on sale?

Thanks in advance!
MinnesotaJack wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:02 pm
Going back to 2016, we have only had 1 non-conference home game that started before 6pm so I feel pretty confident saying it will be another 6pm kickoff in September. The visitors side of the stadium is on the east side facing west, I would recommend getting tickets on the west side facing east as you will find yourself in the shade a lot earlier. I can't possibly imagine you would run into any problems being a Bobcats fan on the home side of the stadium, and I don't think you'd have much of a problem finding tickets on that side either.

As for when the tickets go on sale, I'm not entirely sure as we have been getting season tickets the past few years and my brother gets them for us, but I would guess sometime in early August. We actually sit on the west side so we stay in the sun longer later on the year, otherwise I would invite you to get tickets near where we are. Could probably start checking in early July if any dates are announced when they go on sale. If you don't find any information around that time feel free to message me again and I will see if I can help you out.

I hope you can make it out, and bring all of your friends with you! I think we got a great national rivalry brewing and I'm already looking forward to the next chapter in it myself.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:38 pm

kmax wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:01 pm
tdub wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:01 am
What are the odds this game gets moved to week ‘zero’ and is on ESPN for the FCS kickoff? Would be an ideal game for it.
Looks like the official FCS Kickoff game for Week 0 is already set between Mercer and North Alabama (there's a ratings bonanza! #-o )

http://www.roarlions.com/news/2023/2/2/ ... -game.aspx
The kickoff game will most likely be between southern teams for the foreseeable future since its played in the same place each year now. Montgomery, AL has been the host for the last 6 or 7 years. I think its the FCS' way of trying to drum up interest. You'd think a top 10 matchup would be better, but I'd guess no top BSC or MVFC schools would be interested in playing that game.

cats_thirdeye
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by cats_thirdeye » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:06 am

Planning on making the cross state trip from Rapid City. Either bring my 13 yo son or maybe my brother who attended SDSU for a couple years.

Platinumcat

Post by Platinumcat » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:56 pm

Headed down to the game, driving. Gonna bookend a couple Deadwood nights into it as that is roughly 1/2 way.
Will stay in Sioux Falls Saturday night after the game.

Anybody bought their game tickets yet? Would love to be with other Bobcat fans. Stubhub seems to have plenty currently.

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:29 pm

Platinumcat wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:56 pm
Headed down to the game, driving. Gonna bookend a couple Deadwood nights into it as that is roughly 1/2 way.

Anybody bought their game tickets yet? Would love to be with other Bobcat fans. Stubhub seems to have plenty currently.
We are planning on going too. Checking SDSU website single game tickets go on sale in early August. The ones on Stubhub now are probably season ticket holders that know they are not going to use them. We haven't made hotel arrangements yet but will stay somewhere close the night before and probably they neigh after. If anyone knows which side is more visitors I would like to know, I am assuming 116-124 is more the visitors side.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

ringthebells
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ringthebells » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:18 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:29 pm
Platinumcat wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:56 pm

We are planning on going too. Checking SDSU website single game tickets go on sale in early August. The ones on Stubhub now are probably season ticket holders that know they are not going to use them. We haven't made hotel arrangements yet but will stay somewhere close the night before and probably they neigh after. If anyone knows which side is more visitors I would like to know, I am assuming 116-124 is more the visitors side.
The side with sections 116-124 is the visitors side. Depending on the time of the game, it is also the sunny side of the stadium. Be sure and pack some sunglasses.

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Fri May 05, 2023 8:34 pm

Purchased our tickets for the game in Brookings on Stubhub today. I received a message telling me that I should not expect the tickets to electronically arrive until the day before the game. Anyone know if this is unusual? I have only used Stubhub once, long time ago. T.I.A.!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Fri May 05, 2023 8:38 pm

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:34 pm
Purchased our tickets for the game in Brookings on Stubhub today. I received a message telling me that I should not expect the tickets to electronically arrive until the day before the game. Anyone know if this is unusual? I have only used Stubhub once, long time ago. T.I.A.!
I've never had a problem with this process. It's not unusual.

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Fri May 05, 2023 8:42 pm

CatBot wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:38 pm
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:34 pm
I've never had a problem with this process. It's not unusual.
Thanks so much. I am glad to hear that. We have gone to quite a few Bobcat away games, but haven’t used Stubhub.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat May 06, 2023 5:55 am

I used stub hub once. For the 2020 ncaa basketball tournament for the 1st and 2nd round in Spokane. 2020..... It took me about 2 months to get my money back but I did eventually get it back. And they told me it would probably take that long so I can't complain.

Myself, I will be going to the game but I will be looking for one of you with and RV that's going. I plan on sneaking on and then ingraciating myself into your good graces to where you let me sleep on the couch.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat May 06, 2023 12:49 pm

Does SDSU sellout very often? This is one of the biggest regular season games MSU has ever had, so I expect a ton of people to make the trip. Is it reasonable to think you can get a ticket at the gate?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ringthebells
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ringthebells » Sun May 07, 2023 8:45 am

You won't be getting a ticket at the gate for this one.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon May 08, 2023 3:02 pm

Great breakdown on why South Dakota State is so tough to defend. They throw a lot at you pre and post snap along with a power run game and good athletes on the outside. In reality, Housewright runs similar a similar scheme checkmate was the Jackrabbit defensive line and linebackers were better than our defensive line and linebackers that day. You also have to have an incredibly disciplined defense especially on the backend. Jeff Manning and Rylan Ortt needed to be elite in that semifinal game and it just wasn't in the cards. Rylan was even in position to stop a few plays in the above clips for short gains but head placement on taking on a pulling guard was just in the wrong spot.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:35 am

Just bought our tickets in section 120 (stubhub)

We were going to wait but decided that getting them near the 50 was worth it.

We have rooms booked in Brookings the night before and the night after the game.

This will be our first non Cat/gris away game to attend

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Tue May 23, 2023 5:18 pm

As QB Club Members, we received an email regarding a charter to Brookings. The email indicated the charter was for QB Club Members only. However, as of a day or two ago, the charter is not full. I don’t believe the email indicated if seats would be released to others.

ringthebells
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ringthebells » Tue May 23, 2023 7:57 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:35 am

We have rooms booked in Brookings the night before and the night after the game.

Our season tickets are in section 120. Great seats and you are in the sun when the temp drops later in the season. Bring your sunglasses and sunscreen for the start of the game and get ready for a great atmosphere. I absolutely can't wait for this game. By far the best non-conference home game we have had that I can remember.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed May 24, 2023 2:40 am

ringthebells wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:57 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:35 am

Our season tickets are in section 120. Great seats and you are in the sun when the temp drops later in the season. Bring your sunglasses and sunscreen for the start of the game and get ready for a great atmosphere. I absolutely can't wait for this game. By far the best non-conference home game we have had that I can remember.
I hope there are more SDSU fans that would agree — CatRabbit (JackCat/CatJack/sounds like a FlapJack?) games are becoming a rivalry in the best sense — fun, hard-fought, well played, and respectful. I’ve looked forward to each SDSU game. If I could I’d rather go to Brookings 100x over Missoula. The women’s basketball teams have been getting it on, too.