Missoula Sentinel Pipeline

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

cat4lyf
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Missoula Sentinel Pipeline

Post by cat4lyf » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:55 pm

Was Just talking with a former gris. He was saying that after jon krakauer exposed the darkside of their culture many of the "liberal" Missoula hippies don't want to attend UM. It's all coming full circle and now we are getting the young liberals coming out of Missoula. The future is bright. As long as we have coach V we will never lose to the gris again!

MSU alum
Inside Connections
Korner Klub
Tailgate guy
Family man

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:02 pm

cat4lyf wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:55 pm
Was Just talking with a former gris. He was saying that after jon krakauer exposed the darkside of their culture many of the "liberal" Missoula hippies don't want to attend UM. It's all coming full circle and now we are getting the young liberals coming out of Missoula. The future is bright. As long as we have coach V we will never lose to the gris again!
:bs:

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

cat4lyf
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat4lyf » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:27 pm

tdub wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:02 pm
cat4lyf wrote:
:bs:
Not BS tdubs..This is what a former gris believes. Personally I never trust a gris but wanted to share so that others can hear current gris delusions

MSU alum
Inside Connections
Korner Klub
Tailgate guy
Family man

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:18 pm

cat4lyf wrote:
You’re saying the future is bright at MSU because we’re attracting the liberal hippies? 😬

Dbrewmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dbrewmsu » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:58 am

cat4lyf wrote:
I was just talking with Krakauer yesterday. He was talking about how dumb the um fans are that post on BN. Told him I couldn't agree
more. He said he is working on his next book and it's called Total Collapse. It's about missoula

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:39 am

I have noticed that Hauck has been going more transfer than HS the last 3 years. My guess is he just can't get the MT (or the high school kids in general) he wants anymore so he has shifted his focus. The problem there is he is not getting the same quality of transfers either. This years team will be interesting. On paper they don't look very good. I wonder if he is losing his passion for coaching. I thought after his son graduated he would do something else.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:57 am

gtapp wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:39 am
I have noticed that Hauck has been going more transfer than HS the last 3 years. My guess is he just can't get the MT (or the high school kids in general) he wants anymore so he has shifted his focus. The problem there is he is not getting the same quality of transfers either. This years team will be interesting. On paper they don't look very good. I wonder if he is losing his passion for coaching. I thought after his son graduated he would do something else.
This is the last year on his contract.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:53 am

Perhaps he'll get an extension and we can keep pounding him/them some more.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

cat4lyf
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat4lyf » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:21 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:18 pm
cat4lyf wrote:
You’re saying the future is bright at MSU because we’re attracting the liberal hippies? 😬
Imho all Missoulians are "Woke Liberals". My understanding is that Coach V will have have an onboarding reform program in spring camp to "de-liberal " them so they can represent Montana with pride.

MSU alum
Inside Connections
Korner Klub
Tailgate guy
Family man

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:54 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:57 am
gtapp wrote:
This is the last year on his contract.
Since more transfers and less local HS athletes maybe the transfers don't really get the whole CAT/gris rivalry bit...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:02 pm

gtapp wrote:
This year:
14 high school signees
5 transfers

Last year:
13 high school signees
6 transfers

So 27 vs 11 over last 2 years. Seems pretty normal to me.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:37 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:02 pm
gtapp wrote:
This year:
14 high school signees
5 transfers

Last year:
13 high school signees
6 transfers

Thanks for making my point! Look at those HS numbers. Very low especially when compared to years past. About 1/3 of what MSU brings in. Your transfer number will go up a lot after Spring ball as will MSU's.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:46 pm

It doesn't matter how they recruit because it is always the best way.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:36 pm

gtapp wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:37 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:02 pm
gtapp wrote:
This year:
14 high school signees
5 transfers

Last year:
13 high school signees
6 transfers

Thanks for making my point! Look at those HS numbers. Very low especially when compared to years past. About 1/3 of what MSU brings in. Your transfer number will go up a lot after Spring ball as will MSU's.
You do realize the numbers from any given year have mainly to do with the number of scholarships even available? They haven’t had the same number of scholarships so it isn’t apples to apples and never will be. For example, in 2021 they signed 19 HS kids because they had a lot more scholarships available.

On top of that, you mentioned they only bring in about 1/3 of the high school kids MSU brings in…..so you’re stating that MSU brings in 40 high school kids in a given year?? That’s crazy talk.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:20 am