Missoula Sentinel Pipeline

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

hartofacat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Missoula Sentinel Pipeline

Post by hartofacat » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:53 pm

Rylan Ortt
Zac Crews
JJ Dolan
Adam Jones

Not too shabby. It'll be fun to watch these fellas whip the Griz for a number of years. I think all 4 will have great careers here. Ortt has already contributed, and has a chance to be special for 2 more full seasons. Crews has the pedigree to be an all-timer. Dolan bucking the family tradition of multiple generations of Griz players. Jones is a stud athlete who received a Pac-12 offer to play baseball from Utah. Excited to see them all this spring/fall!

“I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.”-John Steinbeck

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Missoula Sentinel Pipeline

Post by Cledus » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:35 pm

hartofacat wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:53 pm
Rylan Ortt
Zac Crews
JJ Dolan
Adam Jones

Not too shabby. It'll be fun to watch these fellas whip the Griz for a number of years. I think all 4 will have great careers here. Ortt has already contributed, and has a chance to be special for 2 more full seasons. Crews has the pedigree to be an all-timer. Dolan bucking the family tradition of multiple generations of Griz players. Jones is a stud athlete who received a Pac-12 offer to play baseball from Utah. Excited to see them all this spring/fall!
You know things are bad in Missoula when we’re flipping Dolans.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZFNZ » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:45 am

Cledus wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:35 pm
hartofacat wrote:
Rylan Ortt
Zac Crews
JJ Dolan
Adam Jones

Is there any evidence that Dolan held an offer from UM to “buck tradition” or “flip” from?

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:44 am

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:45 am
Cledus wrote:
hartofacat wrote:
Rylan Ortt
Zac Crews
JJ Dolan
Adam Jones

Is there any evidence that Dolan held an offer from UM to “buck tradition” or “flip” from?
I don't think so, but I honestly don't know. Good point, though. My comment was oriented more at the legacy angle, so maybe it wasn't worded in a way that made that clear.

But Rylan Ortt absolutely was a flip. His dad played for the griz in the 90's and Rylan really wanted to go there, but Bob-bay ghosted him. Rylan's family WERE all dyed in the wool, season ticket holder griz.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:49 am

Dolan felt wanted by MSU’s coaches because they offered him a preferred walk-on spot and contacted him every week. The 6-foot, 175-pounder received no contact from UM until recently, he said, and the Griz didn’t extend an offer beyond a walk-on possibility (non-preferred).
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 5a48d.html

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

hartofacat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hartofacat » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:50 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cledus wrote:
hartofacat wrote:
Rylan Ortt
Zac Crews
JJ Dolan
Adam Jones

From what I saw on your forum, they didn't even offer him a PWO.

“I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.”-John Steinbeck

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:14 pm

Cledus wrote:
hartofacat wrote:
Rylan Ortt
Zac Crews
JJ Dolan
Adam Jones

Who recently (lets say, since Choate was hired) was from a Griz family and chose the Cats (or got ghosted by the Griz)? I remember Stitt didn't want a FB so we flipped Fitzgerald family tradition and got RJ and now Jace as well. I didn't know about the Ortt's until just now. And now Dolan. Any others?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:01 pm

Not from Missoula, but Cutler's from Drummond, Fitzgeralds' dad played at UM I believe and three guys from Florence-Carlton. I thought Elijah Reynolds had a UM connection, too. Cole Sain played at UM.

I think there's 4-5 guys from Bozeman/Bozeman-area on UM roster.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:20 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:01 pm
Not from Missoula, but Cutler's from Drummond, Fitzgeralds' dad played at UM I believe and three guys from Florence-Carlton. I thought Elijah Reynolds had a UM connection, too. Cole Sain played at UM.

How many of the Bozeman area kids that are on the um roster had MSU offers or had family that played for the Cats? I think I know the answer.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:51 pm

rivercat wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:20 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

How many of the Bozeman area kids that are on the um roster had MSU offers or had family that played for the Cats? I think I know the answer.
I would assume Chris Brown, only one that comes to mind.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:04 pm

rivercat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

The Lang twins.

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:10 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:04 pm
rivercat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

The Lang twins.
Your right, I'd forgotten about them.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:30 am

Cledus wrote:
hartofacat wrote:
Rylan Ortt
Zac Crews
JJ Dolan
Adam Jones

Heard from a very close source that MSU rolled out the carpet for JJ and Bobby didn’t really care at all.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:32 am

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cledus wrote:
hartofacat wrote:
Rylan Ortt
Zac Crews
JJ Dolan
Adam Jones

Bobby barely recruited him. Great way to treat what could have been a 4th generation Gris who wasn’t asking for a scholarship. Does Hauck even care anymore, or is he just collecting a paycheck? 4 real seasons in (I won’t count 2020) and only a single QF appearance to show for it. That’s awful considering the facilities and fanbase. Joke OOC schedule again next year will set them up for another disappointing finish.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:41 am

Funny how they try to spin it. This isn’t rocket science here.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:37 am

I am curious how the Lang twins ended up in Missoula. That one surprised me. Especially with Kenny’s support of his alma mater.
Was it a Cooper connection? Or did they just want to change of scenery

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:37 pm

kwcat wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:37 am
I am curious how the Lang twins ended up in Missoula. That one surprised me. Especially with Kenny’s support of his alma mater.
Similar to Dolan, they weren’t offered by the hometown/legacy school.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:15 pm

#-o #-o
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:37 pm
kwcat wrote:
Thanks for the info. That’s a head scratcher. At least for a preferred walk on spot

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:50 pm

kwcat wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:15 pm
#-o #-o
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:37 pm
kwcat wrote:
Thanks for the info. That’s a head scratcher. At least for a preferred walk on spot
Meh. I don’t think it matters that much. People complained when we didn’t offer Kris Brown too, and well…I think that turned out fine. There’s only so many spots.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:33 pm

Cledus wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:44 am
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cledus wrote:
hartofacat wrote:
Rylan Ortt
Zac Crews
JJ Dolan
Adam Jones

I don't think so, but I honestly don't know. Good point, though. My comment was oriented more at the legacy angle, so maybe it wasn't worded in a way that made that clear.

But Rylan Ortt absolutely was a flip. His dad played for the griz in the 90's and Rylan really wanted to go there, but Bob-bay ghosted him. Rylan's family WERE all dyed in the wool, season ticket holder griz.
15 years ago, the Griz were doing this in Bozeman...Whens the last time that the Griz flipped a Gallatin County kid?

EDIT: Missed the Lang twins.