Jaharie Martin in Portal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Jaharie Martin in Portal

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:01 pm

cat4lyf wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:54 pm
Huge loss. I spoke to him once and was a stand-up guy imho. Wish him the best. He will always be a Bobcat to me no matter where he lands. I still remember hearing him chant ESGGCG.. ahhh; music to my ears
You, too? That’s funny — that Jaharie impersonator sucked in a lot of people. Don’t feel too badly. 😂

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:22 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:01 pm
cat4lyf wrote:
Huge loss. I spoke to him once and was a stand-up guy imho. Wish him the best. He will always be a Bobcat to me no matter where he lands. I still remember hearing him chant ESGGCG.. ahhh; music to my ears
You, too? That’s funny — that Jaharie impersonator sucked in a lot of people. Don’t feel too badly. 😂

Not trying to "me monster" that great jaharie story, but, I once saw a chupacabra that looked just like Bobby hauck. It was crazy. Probably just a coyote with mange though...

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:50 am

Dmsubrew wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:22 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:01 pm
cat4lyf wrote:

Not trying to "me monster" that great jaharie story, but, I once saw a chupacabra that looked just like Bobby hauck. It was crazy. Probably just a coyote with mange though...
Hahaha. =D^

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

ThoughtUKnew14
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ThoughtUKnew14 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:33 am

Good luck to him! Was always one of my favs I’d hope would get on the field more.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:03 pm

I saw him walk out with the team at the basketball game. I bet that was tough for him. I really hope he changes his mind as I think he could see some more time this year on special teams and maybe as a fullback. Time will tell.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon May 01, 2023 3:35 pm

Man, I wish this guy the best, but I’m still scratching my head a bit on this one and why he left…. He appeared to be the replacement for RJ, with a big role going forward….

Anyway, I really do wish him good luck moving forward. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 01, 2023 4:01 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:35 pm

Man, I wish this guy the best, but I’m still scratching my head a bit on this one and why he left…. He appeared to be the replacement for RJ, with a big role going forward….

Anyway, I really do wish him good luck moving forward. Will be interesting to see where he lands.
Yeah, I hope he finds what he is looking for. Nice young man.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Mon May 01, 2023 5:22 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:01 pm
mslacatfan wrote:

Yeah, I hope he finds what he is looking for. Nice young man.
Yes, he is a good young man. He was really hampered by hamstring problems most of his time here. I thought this would be the year he would break out. This must be an eye opener for him not getting any Div1 offers yet. Hard to figure. I hope he finds something.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon May 01, 2023 6:06 pm

It seems to me the fullback position is going to be filled with a tight end. Taller, bigger bodies and pass blockers with hands to catch little flairs and slow developing runs down the middle.
But on the other hand, tech is building a team for a deep playoff run.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

NOCOcat2005
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by NOCOcat2005 » Mon May 01, 2023 6:12 pm

Wow, if he was on scholarship that's a tough one to swallow.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon May 01, 2023 6:23 pm

So, maybe his goal is to become a mining engineer. If he would go to Tech, he’d absolutely run over some weaker defenders. Since he lifts over 600#, I always wondered why he didn’t just take up a defensive lineman in each hand and throw them away later.
Last edited by Bobcat4Ever on Tue May 02, 2023 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon May 01, 2023 6:42 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:23 pm
So, maybe his goal is to become a mining engineer. If he would go to Tech, he’d absolutely run over some weaker defenders. Since he lifts over 600#, I always wondered why he didn’t just take up an offensive lineman in each hand and throw them away later.
Does Tech still have a highly rated petroleum engineering program that competes with Rice for top ratings? Or did the BOR screw them over when they placed Tech in the university side with Western controlled by UM?

Caupey
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Caupey » Tue May 02, 2023 11:42 am

Yes. Montana Tech still has Petroleum Engineering. One of the Alums is the CEO of ConocoPhillips. He just gave $ 31 M USD to the Engineering school.

Corby

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue May 02, 2023 1:51 pm

mslacatfan wrote:

If he ends up in the Frontier Conference, linebackers and safeties should be very scared…

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue May 02, 2023 2:40 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 1:51 pm
mslacatfan wrote:

If he ends up in the Frontier Conference, linebackers and safeties should be very scared…
I mean he'll just try to hurdle them first!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed May 03, 2023 2:07 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:40 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 1:51 pm
mslacatfan wrote:

I mean he'll just try to hurdle them first!
I still want to see him clean two defensive linemen at once (jerks or not). 😂

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Thu May 04, 2023 2:34 am

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:03 pm
I saw him walk out with the team at the basketball game. I bet that was tough for him. I really hope he changes his mind as I think he could see some more time this year on special teams and maybe as a fullback. Time will tell.
Can you actually come back after entering the portal? Would the players and coaches be willing to bring back someone that entered the portal?

Punters are people too!!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu May 04, 2023 6:24 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:34 am
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Can you actually come back after entering the portal? Would the players and coaches be willing to bring back someone that entered the portal?
Sure, a player can withdraw his name from the Transfer Portal and return to his original school if the school still has a spot open and wants the player back. No clue how Vigen and staff feel about this though or if they would entertain the thought of bringing someone like Martin or Ifanse back.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Thu May 04, 2023 11:09 am

MSU01 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:24 am
GoCats18 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Sure, a player can withdraw his name from the Transfer Portal and return to his original school if the school still has a spot open and wants the player back. No clue how Vigen and staff feel about this though or if they would entertain the thought of bringing someone like Martin or Ifanse back.
This question was asked Vigen recently at one of their alumni meet and greets. My take is that his position is that once a player enters the portal they are gone and that he is against players just testing the waters. Navigating the portal waters appears to be a work in progress for most coaching staffs.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu May 04, 2023 11:14 am

bobcatbob wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:09 am
MSU01 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:24 am
GoCats18 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
This question was asked Vigen recently at one of their alumni meet and greets. My take is that his position is that once a player enters the portal they are gone and that he is against players just testing the waters. Navigating the portal waters appears to be a work in progress for most coaching staffs.
That seems like the right answer. Maybe if the player makes a good enough argument for why he entered and why he should return he can come back as a PWO but testing the waters should cost him his scholarship at a minimum.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!