Zac Crews

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Zac Crews

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:53 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:16 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:04 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:50 am
So meanwhile, Zac Crews will most likely be a Bobcat football player. Many fans from missoula will be pissed for various reasons, some bobcat fans will be concerned for the optics and perceived potential strife within the locker room. The catferlife character has been somewhat exonerated a moderator who states he is just really awkward. Fascinating to say the least.
I personally do not care what transpired with Zac as a juvenile am looking forward to what Mr. Crews will bring to the team.
If Zac does read this thread I hope he has a sense of humor and a Teflon coat.

:coffee:
He will be harassed major by the community college...
You guys scheduled Dawson and Miles City?
DCC-Missoula will be the new name of the former flagship university. Seems like a bad business decision for DCC but they'll be able to sell off some assets and fund the transportation of several band members every other November to Bozeman.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:14 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:53 pm
GRIZFNZ wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
So meanwhile, Zac Crews will most likely be a Bobcat football player. Many fans from missoula will be pissed for various reasons, some bobcat fans will be concerned for the optics and perceived potential strife within the locker room. The catferlife character has been somewhat exonerated a moderator who states he is just really awkward. Fascinating to say the least.
I personally do not care what transpired with Zac as a juvenile am looking forward to what Mr. Crews will bring to the team.

DCC-Missoula will be the new name of the former flagship university. Seems like a bad business decision for DCC but they'll be able to sell off some assets and fund the transportation of several band members every other November to Bozeman.
But they used to be good, really good. They lead the rivalry 73-42-5. Does it really matter the majority of those wins came when they were a division or two higher?

I can't stress it enough, they used to be really good. Just ask any gris fan and they will happily go strolling down memory lane. Yes, the good old days.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:04 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

DCC - Drunk Cats Coordinator?

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:19 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:04 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:20 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:38 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

Garza is just a modern day Blaine Taylor. At least Taylor didn't get a DUI on game day!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:48 pm

And if you are an NBA player who goes to a strip club (after a loss on the road), flash a gun and post to tictok, it doesn't matter. Couldn't prove he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol so no charges. But throws around the n word and not a comment by the press except Shaq who came out against this clowns behavior.
https://kdvr.com/news/local/no-charges- ... n-willies/

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:20 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:48 pm
And if you are an NBA player who goes to a strip club (after a loss on the road), flash a gun and post to tictok, it doesn't matter. Couldn't prove he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol so no charges. But throws around the n word and not a comment by the press except Shaq who came out against this clowns behavior.
I'll push back a little bit. I ingest a fair amount of NBA media, and most of the podcasts/shows I pay attention to have spent a lot of time talking about Ja this week. Most people that I listen to are not impressed by his lack of maturity and how unaware of the moment he was. He was suspended for a minimum of 2 games, and if the NBA finds out the gun was with him on the airplane to Denver, it's an automatic 50 game suspension. It hasn't been underreported or overlooked, in my opinion.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:16 am

JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:20 pm
Montanabob wrote:
I'll push back a little bit. I ingest a fair amount of NBA media, and most of the podcasts/shows I pay attention to have spent a lot of time talking about Ja this week. Most people that I listen to are not impressed by his lack of maturity and how unaware of the moment he was. He was suspended for a minimum of 2 games, and if the NBA finds out the gun was with him on the airplane to Denver, it's an automatic 50 game suspension. It hasn't been underreported or overlooked, in my opinion.
The only reason I'll give its overlooked is there's no sniff of Nike dropping him last I heard. They don't see this as damaging to the fans out there buying him.

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:36 pm

lutecat wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:16 am
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
The only reason I'll give its overlooked is there's no sniff of Nike dropping him last I heard. They don't see this as damaging to the fans out there buying him.
Nike seems to be…inconsistent with their criteria for what athletes they drop. Kyrie has some pretty wild beliefs, but did nothing criminal or dangerous, and he gets dropped. Ja is in the middle of several different investigations into incidents where he possibly was engaged in criminal activity, but they haven’t dropped him. Nike, I’m sure, is much more concerned with optics than anything else.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:26 pm

JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:36 pm
lutecat wrote:
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Nike seems to be…inconsistent with their criteria for what athletes they drop. Kyrie has some pretty wild beliefs, but did nothing criminal or dangerous, and he gets dropped. Ja is in the middle of several different investigations into incidents where he possibly was engaged in criminal activity, but they haven’t dropped him. Nike, I’m sure, is much more concerned with optics than anything else.
Kyrie said the wrong things about the wrong group of people. Ja only potentially broke the law.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

JoeCatsJoe
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JoeCatsJoe » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:32 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:26 pm
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:36 pm
lutecat wrote:
JoeCatsJoe wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Kyrie said the wrong things about the wrong group of people. Ja only potentially broke the law.
You bring up a good point, innocent until proven guilty.

Helenabobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Helenabobcat » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:03 pm

=D^
kwcat wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:49 pm
GRIZFNZ wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

That would be a great idea! Then we could claim an excessive amount of victories before they grew in size/classification!😎

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:32 am

Helenabobcat wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:03 pm
=D^
kwcat wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:49 pm
GRIZFNZ wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

That would be a great idea! Then we could claim an excessive amount of victories before they grew in size/classification!😎
Kind of funny when you get older and look at these series records. Cats have beat the Montana liberal arts school 5 of the last six games yet I have relatives who will invariably bring up the series record for some unknown reason as if it matters today. My Kansas friends don't get wrapped up in their records nor do the Okies when comparing the Cowboys to the Sooners.

The Wildcats have won 14 in a row yet the all-time series record really leans toward the cheating SOB jaywalkers:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas% ... Conference.

For sheets and giggles, check out the OSU-OK record sometime...

*Edit: I wasn't going to post it but changed my mind.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedlam_Series#Football

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:00 am

It's hard to say what was going on from the early days up to about 1950-60. Yes, UM was in the PCC, which is now PAC 12, but they rarely, if ever, played a full PCC schedule and hardly ever played USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal. Idaho was also PCC and those two would play almost annually. Meanwhile, MSU was in the RMAC, which is NAIA. I would guess that both schools got similar funding for sports despite the conference affiliation but I don't really know. The fact that UM had a stretch where it won 40 out of 50 games, or something like that tells me that there was probably some kind of draw to UM for athletes. It would be interesting to know what that was. They weren't a particularly good team at any time during those years that I've seen. Usually a losing record but would beat MSU almost every year.

I'm not sure to what extent, but I think basketball favored MSU during those years so that has me thinking that they were on equal terms for the most part. Very sketchy history.

As for Crews, he's wearing 91 which is Devin Slaughter's old number. Unless Slaughter is going full time OL he might be done?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:09 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:00 am
It's hard to say what was going on from the early days up to about 1950-60. Yes, UM was in the PCC, which is now PAC 12, but they rarely, if ever, played a full PCC schedule and hardly ever played USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal. Idaho was also PCC and those two would play almost annually. Meanwhile, MSU was in the RMAC, which is NAIA. I would guess that both schools got similar funding for sports despite the conference affiliation but I don't really know. The fact that UM had a stretch where it won 40 out of 50 games, or something like that tells me that there was probably some kind of draw to UM for athletes. It would be interesting to know what that was. They weren't a particularly good team at any time during those years that I've seen. Usually a losing record but would beat MSU almost every year.

I'm not sure to what extent, but I think basketball favored MSU during those years so that has me thinking that they were on equal terms for the most part. Very sketchy history.

As for Crews, he's wearing 91 which is Devin Slaughter's old number. Unless Slaughter is going full time OL he might be done?
To reinforce your statement, to the effect, that UM sucked at football and the only game they would win most years would be the MSC Aggies until uncle sugar Denny stepped in and built them a stadium is pretty clear when you look at their series records against the pac teams such as this one:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_ ... %80%932%20(.

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:26 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:00 am

Slaughter wasn't listed on the Spring roster.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:53 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:56 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:56 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:29 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:40 am
He’s most likely going to be on the defensive side of the ball, however, he was a very good quarterback with a great passer rating his senior year.

135 for 199 with just 3 interceptions; 20 touchdowns and 1,771 yards. 172.8 passer rating.

Played both ways as a junior and had 14 TFL, including 8.5 sacks.
Played primarily TE his junior season on offense. 17 catches for 301 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Had almost 900 rushing yards his senior season while playing QB.
He can move and he’s agile for sure. A broad range of athletic skills on a great frame. Not too many state champ QB/hurdler-TJ-javelin 1-3-1/wrestlers (3rd) around. It’llbe interesting to see how he looks on the field relative to the rest of the team. Sometimes you get to watch a practice and you see a player and it’s like time stands still. A true freshman that carries himself like a fourth year starter.
Hmmmmm. 6’ 4” with a big frame to build on. Fast and strong, freaky good athlete that could literally play almost any position, including QB. Where have we seen this movie before.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:19 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:06 pm
RickRund wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

I'm sure he'll respond by sacking whichever middle-aged transfer QB is leading them to an early playoff exit at the moment.
:lol: :lol:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:43 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:19 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:06 pm
RickRund wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

I'm sure he'll respond by sacking whichever middle-aged transfer QB is leading them to an early playoff exit at the moment.
:lol: :lol:
I'm going on a limb saying they 2-2 in non conference play. And that is being generous to them.
Butler probably loses
Utah tech could be a spoiler
Ferris state wins
NAU wins.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back