Zac Crews

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bantam33
New Recruit

Zac Crews

Post by bantam33 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:14 pm

Is he ever going to get a chance to play? Mistake by a 15 year old should not be over your head for the rest of your life. Maybe a preferred walkon!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Zac Crews

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:20 pm

bantam33 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:14 pm
Is he ever going to get a chance to play? Mistake by a 15 year old should not be over your head for the rest of your life. Maybe a preferred walkon!
I don't disagree, but I also think that the rest of the team has to buy in to that. It's not worth taking the risk if it completely divides your team and locker room.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:40 pm

Based on the last time this conversation came up I thought this was an unofficial/non-public done deal.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:39 pm

Everything I have heard is that he will be on the team. Not sure if that will be spring or fall though.

I have also heard that he is a “next level” type player/athlete, someone that could make an immediate impact.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, especially a highschool kid. Now…. If he screws up again, then it’s a different story.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

ECBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ECBobcat » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:23 pm

Remember that some of Josh Allen’s offensive social media posts surfaced just before the draft, including use of the N word. I’m sure Vigen saw the toll it took on Allen, seeing as how Vigen was Allen’s special guest at the draft. Point is, Vigen knows from experience that kids are more than their stupid social media posts.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:41 pm

https://buttesports.com/sentinel-great- ... all-limbo/

Probably an apt time to bring up this story from last summer. Let's you know how Zac has handled things since he made the mistake.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:46 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:39 pm
Everything I have heard is that he will be on the team. Not sure if that will be spring or fall though.

I have also heard that he is a “next level” type player/athlete, someone that could make an immediate impact.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, especially a highschool kid. Now…. If he screws up again, then it’s a different story.
And you would probably see and feel the 1000 megaton explosion to the west. It is so sanctimonious over there.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:05 pm

Yes. 100% on the team. I sure can tell, who on this site, don't have best friends who are brothers. Welcome to crackerville.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:26 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:05 pm
Yes. 100% on the team. I sure can tell, who on this site, don't have best friends who are brothers. Welcome to crackerville.

Wow….

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:50 pm

Like I said, only matters if you are white,
https://cbs12.com/news/local/top-qb-rec ... n-rap-song

He has a scholarship

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:38 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:26 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:

Wow….
Ya, that was a strange post... not sure what the point was, nor do I think he's on the team unless someone has announced this and I missed it?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:44 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
:shrug:

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:03 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:44 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Sorry. It's not directed at anyone on this tread. It's the last one. I don't know why this topic needs to be brought back up?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:11 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:03 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:44 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Sorry. It's not directed at anyone on this tread. It's the last one. I don't know why this topic needs to be brought back up?
It's never been publicly acknowledged that he's on team despite multiple claims of insider information. So until the team says something people will continue to be interested in his status, especially since he's already got his foot in the door as a student.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:33 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:11 pm
So until the team says something people will continue to be interested in his status
Why, though? Why should I give a blankety-blank about this guy?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:07 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:33 pm
coloradocat wrote:
So until the team says something people will continue to be interested in his status
You shouldn't. Sorry we made you click on a clearly labeled topic.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:07 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
You can give as much of a blankety-blank as you wish. But the reality is he is/was a very high level athlete that committed to the arch rival, only to have old teenager online idiocy surface to make him look like a blankety-blank and other later stories surface that makes the rivals’ coach look like more of a blankety-blank that most here think he is. Then said high-level athlete enrolls at MSU with publicly perceived baggage and a mystery of his football status. How in the world would people be curious about this current situation that involves a football team we all gather here to talk about?? Strange.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:53 am

tdub wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:07 am
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
You can give as much of a blankety-blank as you wish. But the reality is he is/was a very high level athlete that committed to the arch rival, only to have old teenager online idiocy surface to make him look like a blankety-blank and other later stories surface that makes the rivals’ coach look like more of a blankety-blank that most here think he is. Then said high-level athlete enrolls at MSU with publicly perceived baggage and a mystery of his football status. How in the world would people be curious about this current situation that involves a football team we all gather here to talk about?? Strange.
Strange indeed. Was he SS or FS capable? I honestly don’t remember his size or position. I do know that if he is allowed to plays football at MSU, he’ll have been accepted by his teammates. That in turn will light a huge fire o er the hill at the Western School of Dance and Flair.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:32 am

The kid deserves a second chance. I mean come on people. Everyone has said or done something that he or she regrets, but your life shouldn't end with that one bad decision unless a life is lost or something of that nature. The kid has paid allot of dues for his error and should be given a second chance. He was given false information over the hill as they tried to sweep it under the rug. He has made progress towards repairing the issue with talking to fellow teammates and apologizing as much as he can at this time. Yeah he will always have this over his head until he is able to move forward in life, but lets give him a chance and move forward. There should be no further discussion or argument on this post until Montana State makes a statement and if he is going to walk on this spring or next fall then I am sure the university will make a statement.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:10 am

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:32 am
The kid deserves a second chance. I mean come on people. Everyone has said or done something that he or she regrets, but your life shouldn't end with that one bad decision unless a life is lost or something of that nature. The kid has paid allot of dues for his error and should be given a second chance. He was given false information over the hill as they tried to sweep it under the rug. He has made progress towards repairing the issue with talking to fellow teammates and apologizing as much as he can at this time. Yeah he will always have this over his head until he is able to move forward in life, but lets give him a chance and move forward. There should be no further discussion or argument on this post until Montana State makes a statement and if he is going to walk on this spring or next fall then I am sure the university will make a statement.
A few thoughts.

1. I agree, he deserves a second chance. He made a really terrible and hurtful decision, but I think he's paid his dues.
2. No one's life is going to be ruined by not playing college football....No one is entitled to a spot on the team.
3. In my mind, the decision rests on how supportive (or not) his teammates are. I don't care how good a player is, if their presence disrupts and divides a locker room, it's not worth it.