Ranking the 2023 schedule

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MinnesotaJack
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Ranking the 2023 schedule

Post by MinnesotaJack » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:32 pm

Rich K wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:17 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:46 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:21 pm
I'm sure they will still be very good but outlets are reporting that Stiegelmeier is set to retire. Going out on top.

https://twitter.com/MDR_Sports/status/1 ... 51umAJtExQ
I can hear the cheers from Fargo. The thorn in the hoof of the byson, was Stig. Congratulations Coach, nice work.
It's going to be a heck of a show in Brookings on opening day. Celebration of the Championship, honoring Coach Stiegelmeier, great rematch against the Bobcats.
We will probably play a home game the week before, depending who we schedule. FBS game seems very slim at this point so whoever we schedule would probably be a buy game to come to Brookings.

I'm happy and sad at the same time for coach Stig. He's given nearly all his adult life to SDSU, and oversaw the transformation from an average-at-best D2 program to FCS powerhouse. He'll hate it but he needs a statue outside Dykehouse Stadium, in fact I'd be disappointed if it's not already being planned lol.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:50 pm

MinnesotaJack wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:32 pm
Rich K wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
I'm sure they will still be very good but outlets are reporting that Stiegelmeier is set to retire. Going out on top.

I can hear the cheers from Fargo. The thorn in the hoof of the byson, was Stig. Congratulations Coach, nice work.
It's going to be a heck of a show in Brookings on opening day. Celebration of the Championship, honoring Coach Stiegelmeier, great rematch against the Bobcats.
We will probably play a home game the week before, depending who we schedule. FBS game seems very slim at this point so whoever we schedule would probably be a buy game to come to Brookings.

I'm happy and sad at the same time for coach Stig. He's given nearly all his adult life to SDSU, and oversaw the transformation from an average-at-best D2 program to FCS powerhouse. He'll hate it but he needs a statue outside Dykehouse Stadium, in fact I'd be disappointed if it's not already being planned lol.
Here you go jack, I looked up your 2023 schedule for you.

https://fbschedules.com/2023-san-diego- ... -schedule/

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:03 am

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:50 pm
MinnesotaJack wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

Thats brutal!!!

Hating the griz since 02.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:30 am

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:50 pm
MinnesotaJack wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

I see what you did there. :lol:

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:40 am

MinnesotaJack wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

I'd like to say that when the Jacks came to Bozeman in December 2021 their fans, their team and their coach came across as 'class acts'! The fact that Coach Stig stayed at SDSU as long as he did I think proves that as well.

Since they promoted their DC who's been there for quite a while there will be consistency, but I do think our chances of winning on Sep 9th just went up. As always.....time will tell. GO CATS!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:08 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:40 am
MinnesotaJack wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

I'd like to say that when the Jacks came to Bozeman in December 2021 their fans, their team and their coach came across as 'class acts'! The fact that Coach Stig stayed at SDSU as long as he did I think proves that as well.

Since they promoted their DC who's been there for quite a while there will be consistency, but I do think our chances of winning on Sep 9th just went up. As always.....time will tell. GO CATS!

I am surprised he is stepping down. The weather in San Diego is some of the best :D :D

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:31 pm

RickRund wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:08 am
The MICKSTER wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:40 am
MinnesotaJack wrote:
Rich K wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

I am surprised he is stepping down. The weather in San Diego is some of the best :D :D
More time to hang out at the beach now.

-Elias P. Harmon-

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:31 am

This is crazy for me to type out. But, I think if we are the eight seed that would be a disastrous season. 2022 was a rebuilding year. We should be loaded in 23. A trip to the semi's is the floor and I expect us to be in Frisco.

I smell some entitlement creeping in. In what universe is a season where you make the playoffs as a #8 seed a disastrous season? Sure, I know our expectations are higher than that. But DISASTROUS? ](*,)

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:58 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:31 am
This is crazy for me to type out. But, I think if we are the eight seed that would be a disastrous season. 2022 was a rebuilding year. We should be loaded in 23. A trip to the semi's is the floor and I expect us to be in Frisco.

I smell some entitlement creeping in. In what universe is a season where you make the playoffs as a #8 seed a disastrous season? Sure, I know our expectations are higher than that. But DISASTROUS? ](*,)
Disastrous may be a touch overkill, but the 8th seed would be hugely disappointing. This is a very, very, talented roster with a good coaching staff. The 8th seed would be underachieving.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:15 am

84CatGrad wrote:

I don't think my post has anything to do with being entitled. I've been a Cat fan for a long time. And the amount of talent this team has is incredible. I will continue to have high expectations.

Hating the griz since 02.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:39 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:58 am
84CatGrad wrote:

Disastrous may be a touch overkill, but the 8th seed would be hugely disappointing. This is a very, very, talented roster with a good coaching staff. The 8th seed would be underachieving.
Based on its 2023 schedule with all five road games against 2022 playoff teams, I feel like MSU could be a national championship caliber team and still end up 9-2 and somewhere around the 8-seed. It easily could've happened this past year if MSU had lost one of its close road games at EWU or NAU.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:00 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:56 pm

Billiam and Karen at 4?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:56 pm

I like keeping Idaho at the #2 degree of difficulty. They play in a dome. 😾