Ifanse in portal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Ifanse in portal

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:29 pm

RICO CAT wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:22 pm
I’m curious to know if Coach Vigen has a steadfast policy on this or if it’s on a case by case basis? Either way, I don’t see him coming back. That’s like leaving your wife for a girlfriend then asking to come back after the girlfriend dumps you. You’ve made your intentions known.
I'd certainly hope that Coach Vigen makes decisions on a case-by-case basis in terms of what he thinks is best for the team. I'd also guess that he and Isaiah had some private conversations at the time of the initial portal entry and that both have a pretty good idea of whether a return to MSU is even a possibility. In this case, MSU has so much run game talent stockpiled at the RB and QB positions that it seems best for both parties to move on at this point.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:48 pm

Yahoo sports already has him going to SJSU.
School starts 25 Jan.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:10 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:48 pm
School starts 25 Jan.
SJSU made it to the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Maybe he wants to play in that prestigious bowl game and felt this was his best opportunity.

It looks like SJSU averaged about 15,500 per game with a high of 17,118 vs Nevada and a low of 10,122 vs Eastern Michigan.
Finished 7-5 on the season. Beat Portland State by 4.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:14 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:10 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:48 pm
School starts 25 Jan.
SJSU made it to the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Maybe he wants to play in that prestigious bowl game and felt this was his best opportunity.

It looks like SJSU averaged about 15,500 per game with a high of 17,118 vs Nevada and a low of 10,122 vs Eastern Michigan.
Finished 7-5 on the season. Beat Portland State by 4.
Wow. Not to beat a dead horse here, and I know it’s not official that he’s going there but if so….. WHY?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:14 pm

Would make zero sense to me.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:17 pm

I believe Cal Poly is on the schedule for SJSU next season. Ifanse could run for 1,000 yards in that game alone.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:11 pm

If he really leaves msu for sdsu…. That would just be laughable.

There is no way that that is/will be his best offer.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:55 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:11 pm

I feel the same way about Glessner. Sure UCLA had a good year but they played in front of the same number of fans as MSU and in that stadium it looks empty. Plus he will be kicking at sea level for almost every game. Good luck with your touchbacks next year.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:33 pm

gtapp wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:55 pm
mslacatfan wrote:

I feel the same way about Glessner. Sure UCLA had a good year but they played in front of the same number of fans as MSU and in that stadium it looks empty. Plus he will be kicking at sea level for almost every game. Good luck with your touchbacks next year.
Yea, a top 25 Pac 12 team, in a warm location, at a nationally elite academic institution. Weird move!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:38 pm

I know we also focus on the football aspect of the transfer, but you have to remember that there is so much more to life than football for these guys. It’s important now for them, but it won’t be for long even if there is post-college opportunities. For Ifanse, maybe it’s as simple as he still gets school paid for and gets to live somewhere maybe that appeals to him. Maybe he has other connections. Maybe a grad degree that MSU doesn’t offer. Maybe his girlfriend got a job there. There’s so many different things (all are examples not based on inside knowledge). These kids won’t get opportunities like this ever again in their life….so take a risk and try something new when the consequences are not “real” yet.

For Glessner…if someone told me at 20-ish years old they’d pay me to go to UCLA I wouldn’t have thought twice, I’d have been gone.

I have kids the same age as these guys and I want nothing more then for them to take a risk and try something new before they need/have a career, family, etc.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:39 pm

gtapp wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

They roughly doubled our attendance.

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:43 pm

tdub wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:38 pm
I know we also focus on the football aspect of the transfer, but you have to remember that there is so much more to life than football for these guys. It’s important now for them, but it won’t be for long even if there is post-college opportunities. For Ifanse, maybe it’s as simple as he still gets school paid for and gets to live somewhere maybe that appeals to him. Maybe he has other connections. Maybe a grad degree that MSU doesn’t offer. Maybe his girlfriend got a job there. There’s so many different things (all are examples not based on inside knowledge). These kids won’t get opportunities like this ever again in their life….so take a risk and try something new when the consequences are not “real” yet.

For Glessner…if someone told me at 20-ish years old they’d pay me to go to UCLA I wouldn’t have thought twice, I’d have been gone.

I have kids the same age as these guys and I want nothing more then for them to take a risk and try something new before they need/have a career, family, etc.
:goodpost:

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:46 pm

The Gallatin Valley for nine months of winter or here?

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/san ... university

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:03 pm

The whole “what if they are transferring for academic purposes” reasoning always makes me laugh.

Hahahahahaahhaaha

Yup, totally. I’m sure that’s it.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:36 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:46 pm

9 months? C'mon man, it's not Siberia!

And yes, 100 times out of 100, I'll take Montana over Commifornia. Though Bozeman isn't what it used to be, it's still far better than the vapidness of LA.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:46 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:48 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:36 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:46 pm

9 months? C'mon man, it's not Siberia!

And yes, 100 times out of 100, I'll take Montana over Commifornia. Though Bozeman isn't what it used to be, it's still far better than the vapidness of LA.
I'll take Wyoming or South Dakota over Montana now during the summer. Twenty years ago would've flipped a coin and gone to any of the three. You can have all that my home state has become.

Winter now involves beach time instead of Bridger Bowl.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:49 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:46 pm
It's a weekly tradition!

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:44 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:03 pm
The whole “what if they are transferring for academic purposes” reasoning always makes me laugh.

Hahahahahaahhaaha

Yup, totally. I’m sure that’s it.
I’m not sure if that was directed at me since I included an academic reason in my random example list…but yes, academic reasons are real and many of these guys are more than aware that their degree will likely do more for them than football will. I don’t find it funny at all. You’re selling a lot of these guys short. These kids have parents and other advisors that talk to them as well. Most of them are pretty damn smart dudes.

Is that was it is in this case? No clue, but it is worthy enough to include in a wild ass guess list. An MSU education is fantastic and I’m proud of mine, but the school can’t be everything in all fields.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:30 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:39 pm
gtapp wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

They roughly doubled our attendance.
Due to one game and even then the stadium looked empty.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN