Ifanse in portal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Ifanse in portal

Post by aucat » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:01 pm

The last game at SDSU was in such miserable conditions that sunny Cali offers a much different weather environment. I will be interested to see how he does against SC and OSU.

He paid his dues at MSU and I wish him well. Next man up Bobcats.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:52 pm

Did everyone see the sit down interview in Bobcat Stadium that Isaiah did with Ashley Washburn? He talked about his immediate family history, of a mother trying to make a better life for her young children. It was somewhat reminiscent of the Lance McCutcheon story. Isaiah came across as very intelligent, deep-thinking, and well-spoken (and muscular). He’s very adaptable — he did participate in hunting and fishing in Montana. I was left feeling that he is taking the responsibility of providing for his current family (and any future family) very seriously, and that any football/academic decisions would be informed by that guide star. It was a great interview. (I may have confused the source of some of this with Colter’s excellent article.)

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm

WTF. He is back in the portal.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:24 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm

I assume he'd want to follow Jimmy Beall to SDSU, but I also see that Robby is the recruiting coordinator. If past performance is any indication of future success, I predict that Robbie will whiff on Ifanse.....again.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:29 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:24 pm
AFCAT wrote:

I assume he'd want to follow Jimmy Beall to SDSU, but I also see that Robby is the recruiting coordinator. If past performance is any indication of future success, I predict that Robbie will whiff on Ifanse.....again.
Completely forgot the spawn of Hauck was the RC at SDSU. He took several cheap shots to Ifanse in the 2021 game in Missoula and Isaiah was willing to throw hands. That would be interesting!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:40 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:29 pm
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Completely forgot the spawn of Hauck was the RC at SDSU. He took several cheap shots to Ifanse in the 2021 game in Missoula and Isaiah was willing to throw hands. That would be interesting!
Could he come back home, where he belongs? I noticed on his Twitter page, he replaced his profile pic and background back to MSU. I think he had changed that when he went to SJSU. Or is that against the portal rules???

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:42 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:40 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Could he come back home, where he belongs? I noticed on his Twitter page, he replaced his profile pic and background back to MSU. I think he had changed that when he went to SJSU.
He belongs wherever he wants to go as he gave MSU five years of his life so let's just establish that again. However, if he came back to MSU he would be welcomed back with open arms.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:49 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:42 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Could he come back home, where he belongs? I noticed on his Twitter page, he replaced his profile pic and background back to MSU. I think he had changed that when he went to SJSU.
He belongs wherever he wants to go as he gave MSU five years of his life so let's just establish that again. However, if he came back to MSU he would be welcomed back with open arms.
Sorry Vim, I think you misinterpreted my comment. I was not judging him, MSU, or the portal. I was just stating that myself, like many others, will always believe Bozeman is his home. Just like the child that leaves home and explores the world; they're always welcome back.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:54 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Nope.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:59 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:54 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Nope.
"Nope" meaning you would not take him back on your team?

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:21 pm

Maybe it's just time for him to try and make it in the NFL or some other pro league. :shrug:

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:07 pm

Prodigal Son…

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:11 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:59 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:54 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Nope.
"Nope" meaning you would not take him back on your team?
No I would not take him back. Already explained why in another thread. Sets a terrible example for all the other players.

I don’t care if he is the best rb in program history (which he is) or someone like jaharie Martin. Ya enter the portal, you lose yer spot. Period.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:16 pm

Coming at it from a different angle, if you had previously been paying some NIL to him would you offer it upon his return?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:28 pm

No way he should be offered again at MSU. Absolutely no way.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:31 pm

The chances of him coming back are likely slim to none, but damn, I didn’t expect so many people to be adamantly against a return.

Will we be fine without him? Yes, our RB group is stacked and did quite well without him for 90% of the season last year.

But why would you possibly not want to welcome back arguably the best RB in the FCS if the attitude was right and the team was for it.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:33 pm

I’m just guessing, but I think he’s played his last down.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:35 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:31 pm
The chances of him coming back are likely slim to none, but damn, I didn’t expect so many people to be adamantly against a return.

Will we be fine without him? Yes, our RB group is stacked and did quite well without him for 90% of the season last year.

But why would you possibly not want to welcome back arguably the best RB in the FCS if the attitude was right and the team was for it.
I'm not sure if MSU would or should take Ifanse back because I'm not sure if it makes MSU a better team by doing so. But reading some of these comments...wow, I hope these folks are more forgiving in their personal lives than they are online.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:49 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:31 pm

What would you call the right attitude? He seemed to leave because he thought he could do better than MSU. Turns out not many teams agreed with that. And now he's on the move again.

If he comes back I'll be excited to have a proven RB on the depth chart but he'd have to earn his carries after bailing on a team that was just fine without him last year, even with all the other injuries at the position.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:57 pm

Like anyone who posts their opinions here will make as big a difference as this guy:

https://babylonbee.com/news/well-done-s ... ts-section