Favorite Moment from Saturday

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Favorite Moment from Saturday

Post by onceacat » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:05 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:21 pm
I love controlled emotion. Much more useful than unbridled emotion in a coach. You have to have a level head in pressure situation. It appears to me Vigen has both!
A few years back, I watched a Herm Edwards post game conference after a game with several ejections & lots of personal fouls on ASU...

He said something to the effect of "I teach our guys to play with passion, not emotion. Today we played with emotion."

I think the Cats play with a ton of passion. Griz are still playing with emotion.

Catdad42
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Catdad42 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:49 am

onceacat wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:05 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:21 pm
I love controlled emotion. Much more useful than unbridled emotion in a coach. You have to have a level head in pressure situation. It appears to me Vigen has both!
A few years back, I watched a Herm Edwards post game conference after a game with several ejections & lots of personal fouls on ASU...

He said something to the effect of "I teach our guys to play with passion, not emotion. Today we played with emotion."

I think the Cats play with a ton of passion. Griz are still playing with emotion.
All comes from.the man in charge. Coach Vigen is level headed and passionate, Bobby is pure adrenaline and without any idea how to adjust.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:55 am

codecat wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:25 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:16 pm
Didn't you all see this video? Bobby was egging them on. Embrace the Hate.

https://twitter.com/JasonBacaj/status/1 ... 6917597184
Can't believe he actually said that out loud to his team AND would have this been banned from Twitter as "hate speech" prior to Elon exposing Twitter for what it is/was???
I guess I don’t see the problem with him saying that…

The fans/student section is yelling at them, showing the “hate”. I’m sure less than nice things were said (I got no issue with that either), and Hauck tells them to “embrace the hate”. I don’t see the problem? It’s something Choate would have said tbh, and y’all would’ve eaten it up.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:54 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:55 am
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Can't believe he actually said that out loud to his team AND would have this been banned from Twitter as "hate speech" prior to Elon exposing Twitter for what it is/was???

The fans/student section is yelling at them, showing the “hate”. I’m sure less than nice things were said (I got no issue with that either), and Hauck tells them to “embrace the hate”. I don’t see the problem? It’s something Choate would have said tbh, and y’all would’ve eaten it up.
I’m with you on this one. No issue with that whatsoever, and I’d likely say something similar if I was the coach. He didn’t tell them to do anything wrong. They are a hated rival in our stadium and I’m sure they were hearing every negative word and phrase under the sun. He told the team to embrace that. Of all the crap Bobby has done over the years to make me cringe, I actually liked this one.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:18 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

You go into an environment where you are hated you either embrace it or it destroys you.
Watch Minter when he played in Missoula. It will help you understand it

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:53 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

The gris players were also egging them on. This video was taken before that happened. They made a point of walking back and forth and standing in front of the student section, yelling and waving at them. They weren’t some innocent red shirts, standing on the sidelines and supporting their team, and then getting trolled by the fans. I get what Hauck is trying to do though, it’s just his nature. They are all lucky something more than a snowball wasn’t thrown at them. Risky business.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:10 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:53 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

The gris players were also egging them on. This video was taken before that happened. They made a point of walking back and forth and standing in front of the student section, yelling and waving at them. They weren’t some innocent red shirts, standing on the sidelines and supporting their team, and then getting trolled by the fans. I get what Hauck is trying to do though, it’s just his nature. They are all lucky something more than a snowball wasn’t thrown at them. Risky business.
I guess I don’t see anything wrong with any of that. I’d have no issue if our players did that in Missoula either. I might think it’s not the wisest, but it’s a rivalry, should I expect the players to act like they don’t care? I think stuff like this makes it more fun, tbh. I fully embrace the hate! If taunting fans made the fans throw something more than a snowball, then that would be pretty weak by the fans. We certainly wouldn’t accept it if it happened to us in Missoula. This is all fun and games, fans should keep it that way, imo.

Anyways, in short, I think complaining about “embrace the hate” is about as weak as it comes. There’s plenty of stuff Bobby does that we can validly criticize, there’s no need to reach and make ourselves look dumb.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:10 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:54 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I’m with you on this one. No issue with that whatsoever, and I’d likely say something similar if I was the coach. He didn’t tell them to do anything wrong. They are a hated rival in our stadium and I’m sure they were hearing every negative word and phrase under the sun. He told the team to embrace that. Of all the crap Bobby has done over the years to make me cringe, I actually liked this one.
I have a feeling you and I are pretty similar people.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:57 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I don't care who says it, its wrong: Perhaps you you follow the old twitter, facebook, or youtube models of "hate speech" (you know the type that involved government sponsored censorship depending on who you are) rather than any resemblance of a moral position such as Tommy Mellott showed with so much class after the Cat-gris game!

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:30 pm

This is a wild thread.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:33 pm

codecat wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:57 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I don't care who says it, its wrong: Perhaps you you follow the old twitter, facebook, or youtube models of "hate speech" (you know the type that involved government sponsored censorship depending on who you are) rather than any resemblance of a moral position such as Tommy Mellott showed with so much class after the Cat-gris game!
Literally read this three times trying to figure out what you were saying. Was already confused, then the Twitter and government stuff left my head spinning. :lol:

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:40 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:33 pm
codecat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Literally read this three times trying to figure out what you were saying. Was already confused, then the Twitter and government stuff left my head spinning. :lol:
I'm lost in this whole conversation. Hate speech?? I'm pretty sure he's basically saying "they hate you...feed off it". If you're offended by that you need to admit BH is living rent free in your head. I can't stand the guy, but come on.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:19 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:40 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
codecat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I'm lost in this whole conversation. Hate speech?? I'm pretty sure he's basically saying "they hate you...feed off it". If you're offended by that you need to admit BH is living rent free in your head. I can't stand the guy, but come on.
No no no. Saying Bobby can say what he wants is trying to control free speech. Trust me, it makes sense!

In all seriousness though, you are correct. This is another example of that inferiority complex some fans have, making a deal out of nothing just because it’s the Gris/Bobby.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:54 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:19 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
codecat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

No no no. Saying Bobby can say what he wants is trying to control free speech. Trust me, it makes sense!

In all seriousness though, you are correct. This is another example of that inferiority complex some fans have, making a deal out of nothing just because it’s the Gris/Bobby.
And pretending our coaches don’t say the exact same thing when we’re in a hostile place like Wash-Griz? I can assure you even mild mannered Vigen said something similar to our guys last year before going out to the field in that environment. As he should….

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:19 pm

From the book the Great Divide there is a story how Coach Holland would take the team bus around the campus in Missoula so the team could see all the hate signs. No problem with what Hauck was saying to his team.

GO CATS!!!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:46 pm

That is how you spell MOTIVATION!!!

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:36 pm

St George wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:56 am
One of the better moments for me before the game had even started. There were 3 griz fans next to me and one of them asked the other two, “Why is the MSU band so big?”
:lol: :lol:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:36 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:19 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
codecat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Embrace the hate, huh?

Looked a lot more like "Thank you sir may I have another" to me.

Smellycat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Smellycat » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:12 pm

kwcat wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:18 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

You go into an environment where you are hated you either embrace it or it destroys you.
Watch Minter when he played in Missoula. It will help you understand it
Logan Jones & Brayden Konkel were on Colter's podcast the day before the game. I believe Jones mentioned speaking to this team about learning to hate in order to win the brawl. Choate had serious fire for the Griz - amount others. Some athletes embrace the hate, some focus on the moment and block out the emotions and conscience thought. Whatever works. Bobby's all about emotion - negative emotion.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:14 am

I'm with those who think what Hauck said is fine. What I am disappointed in is that after thoroughly kicking the gris around the field all day, over a week ago, at least three of the page one threads on this board are still about the gris. Maybe moving out of state makes a difference but I just don't see the fascination with continuing to fixate on them, and I hate the gris. Oops can I say that? :wink: We proved without a doubt the Cats are the better team. Let's talk Bobcat Football here. Don't let Hauck and the gris live rent free in your head, and if you have to put it in the title of the thread so I know which ones to skip. :)

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi