Favorite Moment from Saturday

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Favorite Moment from Saturday

Post by vike_king » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:18 pm

I snorted when Tommy was tackled on the Gris sideline and the PA guys stated that it was a "late hit out of bounds."

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:36 pm

vike_king wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:18 pm
I snorted when Tommy was tackled on the Gris sideline and the PA guys stated that it was a "late hit out of bounds."
That was pretty damn funny.

77matman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 77matman » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:40 pm

KageRage wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:42 pm
After all the talk of only beating Weber due to the safeties, watching that snap go over the punters hands was by far my favorite play. The jump pass was a close 2nd. Great day/week/year to be a Bobcat!
I greatly enjoyed the high snap and TD for the same reason. How sweet was that.

My second was each blown tackle by Robbie. Watched the game again Sunday and the ratio of missed tackles to tackles was at least 2 to 1.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:12 pm

Tommy coming in to take the last snap in victory formation. This team just seems to do things the right way.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:28 pm

The moment I realized that maybe, just maybe someone in the athletic department will speak up and say that the number one thing that needs upgraded before next season are the speakers and video board. They have to go!!

Punters are people too!!

doebrmnn
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by doebrmnn » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:18 pm

Right after the Griz scored in the 1st quarter because they still had hope and then watching it slowly drain away.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:31 pm

One of my favorite moments was when 2 gris fans that sat in our row got up to leave after we went ahead 38-7 in the 3rd quarter, told them "Have a good trip home" as they went by.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:32 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:31 pm
One of my favorite moments was when 2 gris fans that sat in our row got up to leave after we went ahead 38-7 in the 3rd quarter, told them "Have a good trip home" as they went by.
I had a similar experience.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:40 pm

cats2506 wrote:
I had 2 gris fans right behind me. One was quiet but cheered on their first TD. The other one complained about absolutely everything that happened. Some complaints were about the gris not being able to stop the Cats, but most others were about the refs. After Robbi got his late hit, he said something on every single play. If the gris were on D he'd say "uh oh was that late? You gonna throw a flag again?", and if the Cats were on D he'd say "that's late!! Call it both ways!". Almost literally every play. About halfway through the 3rd quarter I noticed he'd just disappeared. I was hoping to commend him on his choice to avoid the traffic.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:56 pm

Mellott looking just as good running the ball as a running back and WR as he does at QB. Just more stuff for opposing defenses to prepare for.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:30 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:40 pm
cats2506 wrote:
I had 2 gris fans right behind me. One was quiet but cheered on their first TD. The other one complained about absolutely everything that happened. Some complaints were about the gris not being able to stop the Cats, but most others were about the refs. After Robbi got his late hit, he said something on every single play. If the gris were on D he'd say "uh oh was that late? You gonna throw a flag again?", and if the Cats were on D he'd say "that's late!! Call it both ways!". Almost literally every play. About halfway through the 3rd quarter I noticed he'd just disappeared. I was hoping to commend him on his choice to avoid the traffic.
Uffda that sounds like it might have been brutal to listen to. If that had happened near our group of 8 the 2 Griz fans in our group would've shut that dude up and down really quick. They were in our group because they are friends and good people, they'll do friendly banter with the best but won't put up with obnoxious for more than a minute. I'd do the same for them in their house.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:39 pm

One of many favorites was noticing early in the 4th that there were about 20 griz fans and the Griz band left in their section. Actually sad for the UM players. I’m sure it wasn’t any fun for them but cmon, stick around for the players.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:45 pm

We had two Griz fans in front of us and they were a nice couple, we were having fun. They just decided to leave I think in the 2nd quarter, said they'd be back but never came back.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:55 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:45 pm
We had two Griz fans in front of us and they were a nice couple, we were having fun. They just decided to leave I think in the 2nd quarter, said they'd be back but never came back.
I didn't realize that you were at the game. Cool that you came over for it and got to see that beat down in person.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:30 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:40 pm
It’s pretty awesome when after the game when you get to look at Bryce Leighton and tell him thanks for not punting today!! Just tells you what the offense really did to that dominant defense of theirs.
lol, ya, I wonder if he looked at his team and said, thx a lot effers... I wanted to play too! lol

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:18 am

vike_king wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:18 pm
Ya that was funny! He even named the griz guy. "Tommy Mellott, hit late out of bounds by Patrick O'Connell" haha.
No flag thrown, though.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:59 am

Watching the griz recruits trying to taunt the Bobcat fans and players before the game started and watching the same recruits hurriedly leaving early before the game was over. That has to be a huge help in the griz recruiting. Apparently they didn't want to stick around and sing Mony Mony, I am sure they know the words.

cat-o-nine
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat-o-nine » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:10 am

St George wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:59 am
Watching the griz recruits trying to taunt the Bobcat fans and players before the game started and watching the same recruits hurriedly leaving early before the game was over. That has to be a huge help in the griz recruiting. Apparently they didn't want to stick around and sing Mony Mony, I am sure they know the words.
I watched this pre-game too and marveled at the cockiness of the UM guys. I assumed they were the redshirts for the Griz. They were getting pelted with snowballs & jeers but wouldn't leave the student endzone area. Then, as the final seconds ticked away in the game, I watched them all walk dejectedly towards the locker room along with a few Griz players who didn't care to shake hands with the Cats postgame. For those UM redshirts, this has to cause them to wonder if they made the right choice in signing with the Griz. :shock:

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:12 am

St George wrote:
I believe that crew was underclassmen for the griz that couldn't suite up but were able to make the trip. Regardless, it was pretty funny watching them during warm-ups, standing next to the student section as the student section hurled snowballs at them. Normally I wouldn't think this would be appropriate but boy were they egging on the student section. Even security was there and didn't make any attempt to stop it. A couple got some good shots to the face. All just good clean fun ;)

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:06 pm

St George wrote:
They were redshirts, and it's hilarious to me that the players that were talking the most ****** to the student section weren't even suited up to play. I hope they enjoyed the snowballs to the face