Rumor thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Rumor thread

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:58 am

Alright...here's the place to share all those rumors that are swirling around that might affect the opposing coach's game plan.

I'm hearing that Tommy is out for the big game. He's on the planning committee for next year's Evil Knievel Days event in Butte, and they are having their first meeting on Saturday. He just can't out of it...

Also hearing that Troy Andersen will be conducting the coin flip....in his #15 uniform.

Whatcha' got Bobcat Nation?

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: Rumor thread

Post by gtapp » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:14 pm

Vigen took the Colorado job and John Gruden is the new coach.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:16 pm

Ifanse left the team and declared for the draft after turning down a full ride scholarship from Vigen at CSU.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:18 pm

Chambers announced on Twitter that he is retiring from football before the cat griz game due to lack of playing time.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:21 pm

In view of Lucas Johnson's 7th year of playing, BYU announced that Lucas will join BYU next year for his final season of eligibility.
Robbie hauck's application for another year at UM was laughed at and rejected by the new UM head coach.

cat4lyf
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat4lyf » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:27 pm

There is a rumor that coach hack was being a cry baby at his press conference.. ohh wait that one is true, 😃

MSU alum
Inside Connections
Korner Klub
Tailgate guy
Family man

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:33 pm

I heard someone say that the rumored demise of the griz football team were greatly exaggerated. This rumor though will be true.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

RMD
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by RMD » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:35 pm

I heard that coach Beavis has been game planning for #15 all week!

RMD
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by RMD » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:36 pm

I heard that coach Beavis has been game planning for #15 all week!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:36 pm

Camo_Cat wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:58 am
Alright...here's the place to share all those rumors that are swirling around that might affect the opposing coach's game plan.

I'm hearing that Tommy is out for the big game. He's on the planning committee for next year's Evil Knievel Days event in Butte, and they are having their first meeting on Saturday. He just can't out of it...

Also hearing that Troy Andersen will be conducting the coin flip....in his #15 uniform.

After hearing that Troy will be there, Bobby has worked all week on defending against him.

2024 Resume dominance

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:53 pm

Helcat72 wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:36 pm
Camo_Cat wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:58 am

After hearing that Troy will be there, Bobby has worked all week on defending against him.
^^^ This - lol!!!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:09 pm

Griz fans have requested the Big Sky to conduct a formal review of the Miracle in Missoula documentary as it does not properly portray the timeout by Choate.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:36 pm

College Gameday has packed up and is moving the site to LSU where is it 70 outside. Also heard that Robby Hauck will be using this season as a redshirt season. Says he wants one last season that doesn’t end without a playoff run.

Punters are people too!!

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by PortlandCat90 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:24 pm

I just found the Team Chaplain's playbook in the snowbank next to the Economy Inn in Livingston, and it contains some confidential information:

* The Gris are going to pound the rock with Knight – after struggling with the knee injury after being overused in training camp last year, he is now rounding into form. He is a load and can present problems to our D. Coach Hauck did an amazing job of sticking with this young man and treating him professionally, and it is now paying dividends.

* They want to keep it a battle of the FGs – Casper is 0-2; Ramos is 7-10 with 2 blocks. "Points is Points" is written in cursive at the top of the page.

* Page G (they use letters instead of numbers) states "Pound the rock more – our avg YPC against Indiana State (2.1), Idaho (1.9), and Weber State (1.1) prove that EBOLA/NOLA/DOLA/COLA (this page is smudged - sorry) is back in Missoula, Boyz!"

* Jump on the pile – the Griz defense averages 79 plays and 2,395 tackles per game. This constant barrage of statistics is bound to confuse and silence the Cats fans in attendance, making home field irrelevant.

* Their DL will shout "WOLVERINES!!!" during any motion by the Cats on offense.

* Ask that the TV camera man on the sidelines focus in on their banner behind the bench that states, "We are UM - remember us? Please let us in the playoffs - there are SOOOOOOO many teams that get in without beating a winning record."

* Page R (again...) is glued to an autographed full length color picture of Caitlyn Jenner with "Note to self: pack my green hat" scribbled at the bottom.

* Post-it note that reads "Put sod on hill behind stadium for next year's Game Day application against Ferris State."

* Bobby's post-game conference has already been scripted (ala POTUS Biden) with quotes such as “We prepared for #10 all week and he didn’t play very much”; “We still have 73 wins in this rivalry although I have found me another Daddy to replace Coach Choate”, and “Ha! Fooled 'em. Now we get the next 54 weeks off to heal and prepare to host the semi-final round in the playoffs next year.”

Should we forward this to Coach Vigen?

asstastic

Post by asstastic » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:30 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:33 pm
I heard someone say that the rumored demise of the griz football team were greatly exaggerated. This rumor though will be true.
That was the best right? We hung a bunch of points on a couple of the worst teams in the league in Missoula. You’re back Boobie! #RTD.

Now to address your special teams play, which aren’t really special teams. They’re an offensive and defensive function.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:49 pm

Tommy and Gisele BĂźndchen are getting married.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Team10

Post by Team10 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:54 pm

Montanabob wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:21 pm
In view of Lucas Johnson's 7th year of playing, BYU announced that Lucas will join BYU next year for his final season of eligibility.
Robbie hauck's application for another year at UM was laughed at and rejected by the new UM head coach.
But due to the effort put forth by robbie he was granted an additional 10 assisted tackles.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:42 pm

Marcus Knight signed today with the 'Cats via the portal and will run for 275 and 5 TD's Saturday against his old team. "Finally happy to be behind a decent o-line."

MTnative

Post by MTnative » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:04 pm

Bobby Hauck is a scientologist.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:15 pm

The Gris are going to pound the rock with Knight – after struggling with the knee injury after being overused in training camp last year, he is now rounding into form. He is a load and can present problems to our D. Coach Hauck did an amazing job of sticking with this young man and treating him professionally, and it is now paying dividends.
This is a great rumor! According to Colter (no rumor) Marcus Knight has left the team.

I always heard from an inside source who knows the niece of the grandson of the janitor who cleans the stuff up in the Football Offices that they have tons of schemes drawn and torn up of how to stop the starting quarterback (#16) who is rumored to be a great runner. The team ends practice by chanting “STOP 16, STOP 16”.