BSC Finish Line

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: BSC Finish Line

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:05 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:42 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:57 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:57 am
I don’t want to ruin your fun, but Idaho State looked good. Nau is usually tough at home. MSU struggles at UNC. Poly always tough on MSU down there.
I see what you’re saying. I didn’t think ISU looked very good. At all. If Griz wouldn’t have shot themselves in the foot they should have been up nearly 30 late in the game. Kudus to them not throwing in the towel though.

I suppose in years past we for some reason struggled at NCU. Though I don’t see the relevance to this years team with this years coaching staff. But if you’re of the opinion ISU is good; I can see why you’d have reservations as NCU beat them by 3 touchdowns.

I’m not going to pretend every game sans Weber and UM will be a cakewalk. But I do think we’ll be favored in every game the rest of the season, and there’s no reason we shouldn’t expect to win them all barring injuries to key players. Then all bets are off.

I’m going to keep having fun! :wink:
I thought ISU moved the ball consistently all game. UM did shoot itself in the foot, but so did ISU. ISU had a first and goal, but took a penalty and only got a FG. They also threw a bad interception that gave UM a short field and led to an easy score. UM needed some trickeration to get one TD and an ISU gaffe on the last play of the half gave UM a touchdown when it looked they were only going to get a FG attempt.

MSU has the two tough games vs UM and Weber, but I have a feeling — and the law of averages says — that at least one of the other four (3 on the road) is going to be a struggle. MSU’s defense hasn’t played as well as I thought they would. Can’t see an undefeated BSC season if that doesn’t change.
This is fair and I agree. Defense simply has to be better. And I think they will. \:D/

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:37 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:07 am
seataccat wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:19 pm
1. Cats 7-1 loss to gris
2. Weber 7-1 loss to cats
3. Gris 7-1 loss to Weber
4. Davis 6-2 loss to Weber and MSU
5. Sac 5-3 (loss to Davis, Weber, um)
5. Idaho 5-3 (losses to UM, Sac & EWU)
7. EWU 5-3
8. PSU
9. NAU
10. ISU
11. UNC
12. Poly
This is a terrible prediction. Sac St is at worst the 3rd best team in the conference. No way they have 3 losses. The way they are playing I hate typing this but since we don't play them we are probably needing the gris to give them a conference loss, maybe @Weber or @EWU... but i doubt it. They are a very complete team.

My prognostication:
1. Cats 8-0
1. Sac St 7-1 (loses @Weber)
3. Weber 6-2 (lose @MSU and vs EWU)
4. um 5-3 (lose @MSU @Sac St @Weber)
4. EWU 5-3 (loss vs MSU and loses vs Sac St, @um)
4. Idaho 5-3 (loses @um, @Sac St vs EWU)
7. UC Davis 4-4 (loss vs Weber, @MSU and loses @Idaho, @Sac St)
8. PSU
9. UNC
10. NAU
11. CP
12. ISU

Cats, Sac St and Weber are seeds and um is playing Turkey day weekend. Idaho and EWU are a few of the first teams out with 6-5 overall records or maybe EWU is the last team in based off of SOS and a good win over Weber.
Also this somewhat of a heart pick. um could steal 1 or 2 of those games and finish a bit higher :-#
This is the Big Sky so there is really no such thing as a “terrible prediction”. Sac State could easily drop 2-3 games. UM could easily drop 2-3 games. Weber could drop 2-3 games and the Cats could drop 2. If Davis still has a shot at playoffs I would not bet against them at Sac State. The Causeway Classic is their version of Cat/jizz.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 am

Marana CAT wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:37 am
Prodigal Cat wrote:
seataccat wrote:
1. Cats 7-1 loss to gris
7. EWU 5-3
8. PSU
9. NAU
10. ISU
11. UNC
12. Poly
This is a terrible prediction. Sac St is at worst the 3rd best team in the conference. No way they have 3 losses. The way they are playing I hate typing this but since we don't play them we are probably needing the gris to give them a conference loss, maybe @Weber or @EWU... but i doubt it. They are a very complete team.

My prognostication:
1. Cats 8-0
8. PSU
9. UNC
10. NAU
11. CP
12. ISU

Cats, Sac St and Weber are seeds and um is playing Turkey day weekend. Idaho and EWU are a few of the first teams out with 6-5 overall records or maybe EWU is the last team in based off of SOS and a good win over Weber.
Also this somewhat of a heart pick. um could steal 1 or 2 of those games and finish a bit higher :-#
This is the Big Sky so there is really no such thing as a “terrible prediction”. Sac State could easily drop 2-3 games. UM could easily drop 2-3 games. Weber could drop 2-3 games and the Cats could drop 2. If Davis still has a shot at playoffs I would not bet against them at Sac State. The Causeway Classic is their version of Cat/jizz.
I agree not such thing as a "terrible prediction" in the Big Sky, but there are predictions and takes that makes one raise their eye brows. I think a lot of people don't understand just how good Sac State has been and is again this year. They've only lost one league game since like 2018 or something, they're undefeated this year, and the destroyed Colorado State. I have a hunch the Griz are in for a rude awakening on October 22nd.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:35 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 am
Marana CAT wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
seataccat wrote:
1. Cats 7-1 loss to gris
7. EWU 5-3
8. PSU
9. NAU
10. ISU
11. UNC
12. Poly

My prognostication:
1. Cats 8-0
8. PSU
9. UNC
10. NAU
11. CP
12. ISU

I agree not such thing as a "terrible prediction" in the Big Sky, but there are predictions and takes that makes one raise their eye brows. I think a lot of people don't understand just how good Sac State has been and is again this year. They've only lost one league game since like 2018 or something, they're undefeated this year, and the destroyed Colorado State. I have a hunch the Griz are in for a rude awakening on October 22nd.
Sac is very strong this year, I'm glad we don't play them. After the first few weeks I thought the gris would run the conference but after last weeks showing Weber and Sac are clear top dogs of the conference at this point.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:46 pm

Why is Weber top dog over the Cats. UCD head to head we had a better showing.

Sports is not bigger than life

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:55 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 am
Marana CAT wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
seataccat wrote:
1. Cats 7-1 loss to gris
7. EWU 5-3
8. PSU
9. NAU
10. ISU
11. UNC
12. Poly

My prognostication:
1. Cats 8-0
8. PSU
9. UNC
10. NAU
11. CP
12. ISU

Maybe terrible was too strong a word but if I came on here and predicted the Cats would finish 5th (basically the middle) of the conference people would call it a bad take. Sac St is every bit as good a team as the Cats and also as they were in 2019 and 2021 when they only lost one(yes 1) game in the conference. Predicting they lose 3 is a bold prediction. They can defend as well as the gris without running all these exotic blitz schemes and they have 2 QB's that are capable and are completely different styles. Skattebo is one slippery little sucker at RB. They will be a seed in the playoffs and that will be their real test. Can they finally win in December.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:06 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:46 pm
Why is Weber top dog over the Cats. UCD head to head we had a better showing.
Weber is undefeated including an ass-whooping of FBS Utah State.
Yes we beat Davis worse but Weber beat them on the road so that's a consideration.
Last edited by 91catAlum on Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marana CAT

Post by Marana CAT » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:08 pm

Sac struggled last year with Dixie State, UNC and ISU. They only had one impressive win and that was over the jizz. I agree they have a great body of work the last 4 years however with the BSC teams they struggled with last year and the playoffs (0-2) IMO their bubble is going to burst this year. I would not be at all surprised that they drop 2. And by the way the CATS BSC games so far puts them at the top of the BSC currently. EWU and UC Davis are way better then their records.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:21 pm

Read an interesting stat for Sac - they haven't trailed at any point this season.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:24 pm

Marana CAT wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:08 pm
Sac struggled last year with Dixie State, UNC and ISU. They only had one impressive win and that was over the jizz. I agree they have a great body of work the last 4 years however with the BSC teams they struggled with last year and the playoffs (0-2) IMO their bubble is going to burst this year. I would not be at all surprised that they drop 2. And by the way the CATS BSC games so far puts them at the top of the BSC currently. EWU and UC Davis are way better then their records.
You can't have it both ways. You try to say its the BSC so anyone can beat anyone, inferring that its a tough gauntlet, and then in your next post downplay a program that went 8-0 in said conference. You can't say the conference is tough and then say someone that went undefeated only had 1 good win. They won the conference title and beat every team they played in that conference. They damn near came back vs SDSU in the second half of that game and were the better team by a significant margin. If they hadn't peed down there leg for the first 20 min or so of that game, our path to Frisco looks much different.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:35 pm

Top four in this league are all very good in my opinion. Each with their obvious strengths and some weaknesses. Very good chance all four of us can beat each other any given Saturday.

Determining who is "best" of UM, MSU, Sac and Weber at this point is just speculation. I for one wished we played Sac this year so come the end of the regular season there was no grey area. But it is what it is.

I still think the Cats will be favored in ever one of their remaining games. Doesn't mean we'll win, just that I think our schedule shakes out that way. \:D/

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:13 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:35 pm
Top four in this league are all very good in my opinion. Each with their obvious strengths and some weaknesses. Very good chance all four of us can beat each other any given Saturday.

Determining who is "best" of UM, MSU, Sac and Weber at this point is just speculation. I for one wished we played Sac this year so come the end of the regular season there was no grey area. But it is what it is.

I still think the Cats will be favored in ever one of their remaining games. Doesn't mean we'll win, just that I think our schedule shakes out that way. \:D/
Just looking at the top 4-6

1A. Weber FBS win
1B. Sac FBS win
3. MSU Win over then #15 EWU now #24
4. UM 5-0 has played nobody
5. UCD - 2 close losses to top 10 team, 1 big loss to top 10 team
6. UI just because they look tough

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Marana CAT

Post by Marana CAT » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:15 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:24 pm
Marana CAT wrote:
You can't have it both ways. You try to say its the BSC so anyone can beat anyone, inferring that its a tough gauntlet, and then in your next post downplay a program that went 8-0 in said conference. You can't say the conference is tough and then say someone that went undefeated only had 1 good win. They won the conference title and beat every team they played in that conference. They damn near came back vs SDSU in the second half of that game and were the better team by a significant margin. If they hadn't peed down there leg for the first 20 min or so of that game, our path to Frisco looks much different.
Exactly it’s the BSC and compared to others I think Sac gets beat in conference play. What you stated above is what I was pointing out. Thanks for the extra help proving my point!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:23 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:13 pm
ilovethecats wrote:

1A. Weber FBS win
1B. Sac FBS win
No issues with this at all. FBS wins always stand out. And will make me feel even better when we beat Weber in a few weeks! \:D/

Agree with the Griz. Regardless of what they say, they have yet to play anyone. Though in fairness we were in the same boat last year. The front of our schedule was weak and we heard the arguments we couldn't be good because we didn't play anyone. I maintained there was a chance we actually were pretty good, and simply forced to play the teams on our schedule. Griz could be in the exact same boat.

The next few weeks of our conference season will be as exciting as any I remember.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:40 pm

ilovethecats wrote:

ILTC for the win! IMO this is about as good of a setup for the Cats that we could have asked for, because we get two of the best teams at home, and I'll say it until I'm blue in the face but the homefield advantage in Bobcat Stadium today is HUGE..... selling out every game to a crazy good crowd. This team has proven grit, can grind out close win facing a bunch of adversity, they have dominated some teams, I think they're very good and getting better. The only thing I disagree with is wishing we played SAC regular season. If we have to prove anything against them, it can be in the playoffs, especially if we get them at home. I am not predicting this as this point but if we get to the end of the season and have beaten EWU, CP, NAU, UNC on the road, and Davis, ISU, Weber, and UM at home..... I'd say that's enough to earn the title. If Sac State is 8-0 as well, call it a tie!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:33 pm

You can only play who's on the schedule. Griz have some tough games coming up, we'll see what they are made of. Unfortunately I think the Griz are pretty darn good this year.

That being said, if MSU runs the table up until Cat/Griz, it's going to mighty, mighty hard to beat the Cats at home, regardless of how many wins or losses the Griz have coming into that game.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:35 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Marana CAT wrote:
Everyone gets to have it both ways, this is a message board.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:38 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:23 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:13 pm
ilovethecats wrote:

1A. Weber FBS win
1B. Sac FBS win
No issues with this at all. FBS wins always stand out. And will make me feel even better when we beat Weber in a few weeks! \:D/

Agree with the Griz. Regardless of what they say, they have yet to play anyone. Though in fairness we were in the same boat last year. The front of our schedule was weak and we heard the arguments we couldn't be good because we didn't play anyone. I maintained there was a chance we actually were pretty good, and simply forced to play the teams on our schedule. Griz could be in the exact same boat.

The next few weeks of our conference season will be as exciting as any I remember.
I agree, the next few weeks will be interesting, this was basically my current power ranking.

The Big Sky has gotten so much better the last few years, Weber being a power team the last 5-6 years, SAC and UCD stepping up and being power teams, MSU is much better than we were under Ash, um is back in contention under bobby and the reemergence of IU this year.

EWU is having a down year, I believe the future doesn't look great for them, between financial issues and the reemergence of Idaho along with other issues of recruiting to Cheney, they may not return to the top of the conference for awhile.

I look for Cal Poly to get much better in the next couple of years too.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:39 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:35 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Marana CAT wrote:
Everyone gets to have it both ways, this is a message board.
This is one of the greatest responses ever! It should be your signature.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:16 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:41 pm
seataccat wrote:
1. Cats 7-1 loss to gris
7. EWU 5-3
8. PSU
9. NAU
10. ISU
11. UNC
12. Poly
I don't think there is any chance SAC loses to Davis, Weber, and the Griz. IMO they beat UCD handily, and might split the other two. UM isn't beating them at SAC, and I think they've only lost what, 1 conference game in three years?
I suppose we will see. UCD doesn't usually lose to sac state, especially two years in a row. Not sure why you think sac state is so good. Colorado State is nowhere near as good as Utah State. If you want to bet on the Sac State v Weber game or sac state v um game you just tell me how much.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire