ESPN and Dish get into a spat today?????!!!!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

exppi
Member # Retired

Re: ESPN and Dish get into a spat today?????!!!!!

Post by exppi » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:14 pm

CATFAN4LIFE wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:51 pm
This one falls on our AD for agreeing to this game on ESPN U....theTulsa game is holding any bar or establishment from getting this game on! Wish we wouldn’t have scheduled it on ESPNU and especially this late...game is tied 7-7 for those waiting! Go Cats!
The game was initially mentioned as ESPN2. It got downgraded.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:40 pm

I had sling orange, found out they cancelled the espn portion of my subscription today. I couldn't be more pissed off.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

1catz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 1catz » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:58 pm

Issues with fubo on my end. Missed first quarter.

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:00 pm

1catz wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:58 pm
Issues with fubo on my end. Missed first quarter.
Most of us not at the game missed at least the first 11 minutes.

-Elias P. Harmon-

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:26 am

ESPN did a piss poor job handling the late running Tulsa game. They could have moved the game to another ESPN channel until the Tulsa games was over. One option was ESPN News (or whatever it is called now) that was broadcasting a repeat airing of a professional Cornhole tournament. WTF. Instead they move it to the ESPN app and did not even succeed doing that without a mistake. The app did not broadcast the MSU game until the first quarter was almost over. Instead it kept saying the game was not started yet. The Big Sky should make ESPN aware how badly this was managed.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:50 am

Mtcatfan wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:42 pm
ESPN app which I don’t have. Wtf?
The ESPN app is just another way to watch on a (mobile) screen. To make it work (just like on your TV) you must have a subscriber system like Spectrum or TDS (cable) or HuluTV or fuboTV or YouTubeTV (streaming — cellular data or internet service required) that includes ESPNU in the lineup that you pay for.

If you have an unlimited data plan or high-speed internet service for a phone or tablet, the best thing is to grab a one-week free trial subscription to a package from one of the streaming services that includes ESPNU.

If you want to watch on a big screen TV there are apps that make it easy to “cast” from the mobile to the TV or relatively inexpensive mobile to HDMI cables.

💙 💛 😺

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:32 am

I think it was around the end of the 1st qtr I got curious and clicked on the WATCH on espn and found espn3, thought I would try it. Got to watch the 2nd qtr and a bit of the 3rd. Worked great on the tablet. Is espn 3 a normal spot? I have TDS. Will try to get the espn app on the tv...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Norsky19
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Norsky19 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:57 am

mickle wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:37 pm
Espnu, which I get on Hulu
Love Hulu

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:06 am

ESPN 2 did not have a game on. Should have moved it there until Tulsa was over

Sports is not bigger than life

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:08 am

The spat is over.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 am

It still surprises me how many people get confused where to find Bobcat games or just certain channels in general. I know it's preferable to just have everything in one spot but ESPNU is NOT a part of ESPN+, and ESPN+ is not the same thing as the ESPN App. The ESPN App is simply a one stop streaming platform for all your various subscriptions to ESPN channels - for example, if you have a cable package that includes ESPN then you can use your log in to log into the ESPN App. If you have a FuboTV subscription that includes ESPN, you can use that log in information on the ESPN App. The only service you can actually purchase on/with the ESPN App is ESPN+. Literally every other ESPN channel requires a subscription to a cable package or streaming cable package elsewhere. ESPNU is a cable channel like ESPN or ESPN2 and you need a cable subscription to get it, or a streaming cable choice like YouTube TV, Hulu TV, etc. If you have ESPN+ only you do not get ESPNU.

But yes ESPN fumbled hard with the late ending to the Tulsa game, in the past they've put stuff on ESPN NEWS at least or ESPN3 (both of which, again, are part of cable packages and NOT ESPN+) but somehow couldn't find a way to get it streaming until the Tulsa game ended. The good news is at least the replay has the whole game.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:45 am

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 am
The good news is at least the replay has the whole game.
Was going to say the same. Though as painful the as the beginning of that broadcast was to watch probably good they didn't have it live. They did the intro 3 separate times. ](*,) :lol:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:15 pm

CelticCat wrote:
It still surprises me how many people get confused where to find Bobcat games or just certain channels in general. I know it's preferable to just have everything in one spot but ESPNU is NOT a part of ESPN+, and ESPN+ is not the same thing as the ESPN App. The ESPN App is simply a one stop streaming platform for all your various subscriptions to ESPN channels - for example, if you have a cable package that includes ESPN then you can use your log in to log into the ESPN App. If you have a FuboTV subscription that includes ESPN, you can use that log in information on the ESPN App. The only service you can actually purchase on/with the ESPN App is ESPN+. Literally every other ESPN channel requires a subscription to a cable package or streaming cable package elsewhere. ESPNU is a cable channel like ESPN or ESPN2 and you need a cable subscription to get it, or a streaming cable choice like YouTube TV, Hulu TV, etc. If you have ESPN+ only you do not get ESPNU.

But yes ESPN fumbled hard with the late ending to the Tulsa game, in the past they've put stuff on ESPN NEWS at least or ESPN3 (both of which, again, are part of cable packages and NOT ESPN+) but somehow couldn't find a way to get it streaming until the Tulsa game ended. The good news is at least the replay has the whole game.
After a little searching I found the game on espn 3. Was that a fluke or will it be on espn 3 some/most/all season?

msubobcats@outlook.com

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:29 pm

RickRund wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:15 pm
CelticCat wrote:

After a little searching I found the game on espn 3. Was that a fluke or will it be on espn 3 some/most/all season?
No, all other regular season games aside from this last one are on ESPN+ for streaming option.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:59 pm

kmax wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:29 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:15 pm
CelticCat wrote:

No, all other regular season games aside from this last one are on ESPN+ for streaming option.
@RickRund I’m thinking that you discovered where ESPN was broadcasting our game when it didn’t appear on time on the “U”. They always put them somewhere, but when they say the ESPN app that’s not very definitive since, as was pointed out, it’s a way to view any and all of the ESPN family. You need a participating cable OR high-speed internet provider to access ESPN3. I had not used ESPN3 for awhile, so I just set it up to use YouTubeTV as my provider and it worked just great. Watched my first jai alai in at least a year … or two … or …
Last edited by Bobcat4Ever on Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:11 pm

CelticCat wrote:

:goodpost:

Good write up. May I offer a clarification for ESPN3, borrowed from a Google search?

“ESPN3 is not carried by traditional cable and satellite providers, as it is not a single channel, but streams multiple live events at the same time; however, ESPN includes a listing for a linear "ESPN3" channel (which only includes one event at a time) in the television listings on its website.”

“Non-participating TV provider customers may have access to ESPN3 programming online at https://www.espn.com/watch/, as long as they subscribe to a participating high speed internet service provider.”

So, there is a way to watch ESPN3 without the app. The web link works just fine with my TDS internet.

Rick, this may explain why you actually had access to ESPN3 without a cable provider account. Who is your internet provider? ESPN3 is sort of a hybrid thing, or a mess, depending how you look at it.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:31 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:11 pm
CelticCat wrote:

:goodpost:

Good write up. May I offer a clarification for ESPN3, borrowed from a Google search?

“ESPN3 is not carried by traditional cable and satellite providers, as it is not a single channel, but streams multiple live events at the same time; however, ESPN includes a listing for a linear "ESPN3" channel (which only includes one event at a time) in the television listings on its website.”

“Non-participating TV provider customers may have access to ESPN3 programming online at https://www.espn.com/watch/, as long as they subscribe to a participating high speed internet service provider.”

So, there is a way to watch ESPN3 without the app. The web link works just fine with my TDS internet.

Rick, this may explain why you actually had access to ESPN3 without a cable provider account. Who is your internet provider? ESPN3 is sort of a hybrid thing, or a mess, depending how you look at it.
I do have TDS internet and TV. The first tier has espn and espn2. The 2nd tier does not have any espn's. I would need to go to the 3rd tier to get espn news and espnu...

msubobcats@outlook.com

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:51 pm

How quick do game replays show up on ESPN+?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:01 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:51 pm
For games that are broadcast on ESPN+ - generally no later than a couple hours after the end of the game
For games that are broadcast on ESPNU/2 - generally never

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:02 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:01 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:51 pm
For games that are broadcast on ESPN+ - generally no later than a couple hours after the end of the game
For games that are broadcast on ESPNU/2 - generally never
ESPN+ will have the bobcat Davis game on demand starting Wednesday 8 am

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back