Texas Defense—WOW!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Texas Defense—WOW!!

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:24 pm

Choate’s crew is having a HELLUVA game vs BAMA. Go coach Choate!!

MTnative
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Texas Defense—WOW!!

Post by MTnative » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:39 pm

Bama getting plenty of help from the officials in this game. Texas showed up big time, Bama will win but they definitely don't deserve the W.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:18 pm

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:24 pm
Until it mattered. Scoreboard. Not playing horseshoes.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:25 pm

MTnative wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:39 pm
Bama getting plenty of help from the officials in this game. Texas showed up big time, Bama will win but they definitely don't deserve the W.
Man, I thought the Cats had tough luck with bad officiating.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:30 am

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Yeah, you can see his fingerprints all over that defense. Took awhile at MSU too, but it looks like Texas is going to get there. If they do Choate will be getting P5 head coaching looks.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:44 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:30 am
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Yeah, you can see his fingerprints all over that defense. Took awhile at MSU too, but it looks like Texas is going to get there. If they do Choate will be getting P5 head coaching looks.
I hear Nebraska is looking.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:29 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:44 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
:lol: I've been following that saga a bit, my wife is an iowa state alum and matt Campbell is a hot name for that job (he's not going to go there). Nebraska fans and boosters are delusional. They still see themselves as a blue blood. They would crucify their ad if he tried to hire someone like Choate. Realistically, Lance leipold and Chris kleiman are 2 names from the b12 that will get a look. Choate to one of the Kansas schools is more plausible imo.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:29 pm

Montanabob wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
With the way conference realignment is going, Nebraska could get invited into the SEC in the next few years. JC could have his dream!

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:17 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:29 pm
Montanabob wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
:lol: I've been following that saga a bit, my wife is an iowa state alum and matt Campbell is a hot name for that job (he's not going to go there). Nebraska fans and boosters are delusional. They still see themselves as a blue blood. They would crucify their ad if he tried to hire someone like Choate. Realistically, Lance leipold and Chris kleiman are 2 names from the b12 that will get a look. Choate to one of the Kansas schools is more plausible imo.
Choate would be better off going to Northern Colorado than Kansas. Yes he’d make more money at Kansas…but there’s no winning at that program. 100% basketball school.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:20 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Another rumor is a coach at NDSU. If that happens I wonder if Vigen would get asked to come home.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:42 am

Since Bohl they have promoted from within, seems to have worked pretty well since then, so I don't see why they would change it.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:51 am

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:20 pm
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Another rumor is a coach at NDSU. If that happens I wonder if Vigen would get asked to come home.
Interesting thought. I think he would get a call if entz left, at least to apply/interview. The bigger question to me is would be go if offered the job?

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:55 am

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:17 pm
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Choate would be better off going to Northern Colorado than Kansas. Yes he’d make more money at Kansas…but there’s no winning at that program. 100% basketball school.
He would have to have an intervening stop first, like Kansas, k state, boise, fresno etc. If you can win 5,6,7 at Kansas then you get the big job. Hence lance leipold being the hot name at Nebraska. He's got Kansas going the right direction. The ILB coach at Texas with the 28-23 career FCS record isn't getting the Nebraska job, if for no other reason than the boosters' delusional view of their program.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:25 am

Nebraska, the only fanbase more delusional than um's

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:52 am

Montanabob wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
I saw that too. I'd have to think Vigen would be at or near the top of NDSU's list if Entz left. I think they've generally promoted from within the staff when a coach has left, but it can't hurt to have an NDSU guy who has some head coaching experience. As others have mentioned though, Nebraska fans are a little delusional. They'll have some money to pay somebody well, but their fans will think they should get Saban. I can't see them being OK with a relative unknown like Entz.

I saw Frost had a clause in his contract that got him $15M if he was fired before October 1 and $7.5M if they waited until then to fire him. I can't help but think he was tanking a little bit for that extra $7.5M. Either way it shows Nebraska's willingness to spend money to do things right...or at least right in their eyes.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:13 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:52 am
Montanabob wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
I saw that too. I'd have to think Vigen would be at or near the top of NDSU's list if Entz left. I think they've generally promoted from within the staff when a coach has left, but it can't hurt to have an NDSU guy who has some head coaching experience. As others have mentioned though, Nebraska fans are a little delusional. They'll have some money to pay somebody well, but their fans will think they should get Saban. I can't see them being OK with a relative unknown like Entz.

I saw Frost had a clause in his contract that got him $15M if he was fired before October 1 and $7.5M if they waited until then to fire him. I can't help but think he was tanking a little bit for that extra $7.5M. Either way it shows Nebraska's willingness to spend money to do things right...or at least right in their eyes.
Nebraska isn't hiring an FCS coach to replace the former G5 coach they couldn't wait another 3 weeks to fire.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:35 pm

Anyone ever live in Lincoln, Omaha or Council Bluffs, Iowa? Osborne could con kids from Jersey, Oklahoma or Texass to go there, but for the love of Christ! The oly redeeming quality that area has is it's only 150 miles or so from K.C. and Fort Leavenworth but still...

Cue Tim McGraw watching corn pop up in rows or go visit your nearest feedlot. Greeley, Colorado is more appealing.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:29 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:35 pm
Anyone ever live in Lincoln, Omaha or Council Bluffs, Iowa? Osborne could con kids from Jersey, Oklahoma or Texass to go there, but for the love of Christ! The oly redeeming quality that area has is it's only 150 miles or so from K.C. and Fort Leavenworth but still...

Cue Tim McGraw watching corn pop up in rows or go visit your nearest feedlot. Greeley, Colorado is more appealing.
To quote a former UNC coach "It doesn't smell as bad as they say"

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:01 pm

Boise former starter is pulling a McKay. They are not typical Boise, in fact they are downright lousy. You have to wonder if the AD has realized yet he errored in not going with Choate.

https://247sports.com/Article/Boise-Sta ... 194215084/

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:18 pm

I was curious on NDSU's coaching staff salaries:

—Matt Entz, head coach, $396,620
—Randy Hedberg, associate head coach/passing game coordinator/QBs, $104,460
—Tyler Roehl, offensive coordinator/tight ends/fullbacks, $131,527
—David Braun, defensive coordinator/safeties, $124,366
—Nick Goeser, special teams coordinator/defensive tackles, $89,516
—Joe Beschorner, running backs, $94,310
—Dan Larson, offensive line, $101,184
—Kody Morgan, cornerbacks, $65,879
—Grant Olson, linebackers, $69,823
—Noah Pauley, wide receivers, $81,029
—Buddha Williams, defensive ends, $76,885

I couldn't find (I didn't look that hard) for the salaries of assistant coaches at MSU.