Fall Camp 2022

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by Montanabob » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:59 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:32 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:21 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:00 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:59 pm
Team10 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:26 pm
Eric Zambrano has left the team for personal reasons per Victor Flores

https://twitter.com/VictorFlores406/sta ... XufRiUIyQA
Colter mentioned something about a death in the family, I think.
How significant is this to the secondary?
We have good depth in the secondary. It has looked really impressive the first two days of camp. Even some of the new freshman DBs.
True Corners
Simeon Woodard - Sp.
Tyrel Thomas - Sr.
James Campbell - Sr.
Dru Polidore - Rfr.
Miles Jackson - So.
Devin Davis - Rfr.
Jackson Harmon - Rfr.
Takhari Carr - Tfr.

Nickel
Ty Okada - Sr.
Level Price - Jr.
Connor Ryan - So.

Safety
Jeffrey Manning - Sr.
Rylan Ortt - So.
Rhedi Short - Sr.
Kendric Bailey - Jr.
Tyson Pottenger - Rfr.
Eli Aby - Rfr.
Jake D'Agostino - Rfr.
Michael Armstrong - Tfr.
Caden Dowler - Tfr.
Max Kimball - Tfr.
Kade Cutler - Tfr.

So we have a pile of young safeties but a lot of those kids are going to be flexible in that nickel spot. I listed Rylan at safety but if Ty were to go down, Rylan would likely be the next man up at nickel like he was against SDSU. Our six deep at corner is solid despite losing Zambrano and I would be Takhari Carr is going to push for time. Anyway, we have a lot of bodies.
So did Eric Zambrano have an injury or did he get buried on the depth chart and as a choate recruit felt it was time to move on? But why wait until August? Someone said a family issue but haven't really seen that validated.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:03 pm

I’m pretty sure he was going to be a starter.

That’s a bummer.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:18 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:00 pm
catatac wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:23 pm
Dumb question here, but is this the thread where any and all information coming out of Fall camp will likely be posted? I know some folks are posting links to interviews and articles here... but it seems hit and miss, and I don't know that I've seen all the Vigen, assistant coaches, and player interviews over the last couple days? Also, on a related note - is anyone attending practices and can post any practice reports? Just checking.
Any and all information...no. Some information...yes. I know I'll post information from Twitter or other sites when I see it or when I feel like posting but you'll probably have to get a Twitter account to see most of the content from the news and university sources.
Right on, thanks! I was sort of hoping there was one place to go for all interviews and Fall camp reports and articles. For example, someone posted the Housewright interview, which was awesome, but then I start wondering who else was interviewed and then have to start looking around and google searching to see if Vigen, or other coaches or players were interviewed. Normally I like Colter's stuff but takes awhile to hunt around and find stuff. All good... I'm just becoming super lazy in my old age :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:59 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Team10 wrote:

We have good depth in the secondary. It has looked really impressive the first two days of camp. Even some of the new freshman DBs.
True Corners
Simeon Woodard - Sp.
Tyrel Thomas - Sr.
James Campbell - Sr.
Dru Polidore - Rfr.
Miles Jackson - So.
Devin Davis - Rfr.
Jackson Harmon - Rfr.
Takhari Carr - Tfr.

Nickel
Ty Okada - Sr.
Level Price - Jr.
Connor Ryan - So.

Safety
Jeffrey Manning - Sr.
Rylan Ortt - So.
Rhedi Short - Sr.
Kendric Bailey - Jr.
Tyson Pottenger - Rfr.
Eli Aby - Rfr.
Jake D'Agostino - Rfr.
Michael Armstrong - Tfr.
Caden Dowler - Tfr.
Max Kimball - Tfr.
Kade Cutler - Tfr.

So we have a pile of young safeties but a lot of those kids are going to be flexible in that nickel spot. I listed Rylan at safety but if Ty were to go down, Rylan would likely be the next man up at nickel like he was against SDSU. Our six deep at corner is solid despite losing Zambrano and I would be Takhari Carr is going to push for time. Anyway, we have a lot of bodies.
So did Eric Zambrano have an injury or did he get buried on the depth chart and as a choate recruit felt it was time to move on? But why wait until August? Someone said a family issue but haven't really seen that validated.
He was a starter. So no.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:32 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:20 am
kwcat wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:15 am
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:45 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:11 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:53 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:57 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:45 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:06 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:03 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:58 pm
Defensive Line:

Likely starters - Brody Grebe (DE), Sebastian Valdez (DT), Blake Schmidt (DT), Ben Seymour (DE)

Experienced backups - David Alston (DE), Blake Hehl (DT), Kyle Rygg (DT - almost fully healthy)

Newcomers who will see time in the rotation - Kenneth Eiden (DE/DT), Hunter Parsons (DE), Tyson Regimbal (DE/DT)

That should be the "10". However, here are younger guys who are going to compete for time or will have to step up if injuries happen:

Luke Fedyk (DE)
Paul Brott (DT)
Zack Black (DT)

True freshman who will likely redshirt:

Aaron Gerle (DT - greyshirted last year so is technically a true frosh)
Logan Frederickson (DE)
Jake Vigen (DE)
Jaren Perkins (DT)
Only thing I’d change is I’d put Brott in with the Newcomers…
I don't know. Black played just as good as he did in the spring. Really impressed with Zack's development thus far. The interior of the defensive line is going to be solid for years to come.
I agree, and looking at your projections for the entire DL in general... I don't see that as a weakness whatsoever. That is called re-loading. Sure it's possible we take a slight step back, but I don't know... who knows, might take a step forward! 8) I've said this before but look back over the past four or five years. Seems like each year we say we're going to take a step back on the DL due to how much talent we graduate each year. Again, I just think it's a matter of re-loading there year after year. This is what an excellent PROGRAM does.
Our inexperienced offensive line had no problem running the ball against our 1st team DL during the spring game. My only real reason for concern. This group can get after the QB...but can they hold up against the great running games in the FCS. We'll see soon enough.
Who’s going to play the part of Chase Benson this year?
I don't know, but whoever it is almost certainly won't be as good as Benson. I remember when Peyton Manning graduated from Tennessee and people were wondering who'd replace him. It was Tee Martin. He wasn't as good as Manning. Tennessee won the national championship with Martin; they didn't win any with Manning.
NDSU may not have had a single guy as dominant as Chase, but they had a whole crap ton of pretty damn close to Chases. If you have 8-10 guys who are 8s or 9s out of a scale of 10 that's better than 2-3 guys who are a 10 and then a bunch of 6s or 7s.
That is a lot of math!😎
All I know is a 2 is a 10 on the road!
She's a 9 but she cheers for the griz...?

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:26 pm

lutecat wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:59 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Team10 wrote:

True Corners
Simeon Woodard - Sp.
Tyrel Thomas - Sr.
James Campbell - Sr.
Dru Polidore - Rfr.
Miles Jackson - So.
Devin Davis - Rfr.
Jackson Harmon - Rfr.
Takhari Carr - Tfr.

Nickel
Ty Okada - Sr.
Level Price - Jr.
Connor Ryan - So.

Safety
Jeffrey Manning - Sr.
Rylan Ortt - So.
Rhedi Short - Sr.
Kendric Bailey - Jr.
Tyson Pottenger - Rfr.
Eli Aby - Rfr.
Jake D'Agostino - Rfr.
Michael Armstrong - Tfr.
Caden Dowler - Tfr.
Max Kimball - Tfr.
Kade Cutler - Tfr.

He was a starter. So no.
Not sure where you are getting that. The summer depth chart didn't have him at all on it. And it was said he was working out at safety.
https://twitter.com/victorflores406/sta ... UEjfWgaYeQ

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am

I’m a little bit conflicted about the DE position.

I’m super high on Grebe and I think Alston and Seymour are intriguing. Alston especially seems to have a great ceiling. But I don’t know about the depth behind those three and it seems like as a group they could struggle to set the edge.

Anyone have any insight on that? Would Valdez perhaps play some outside, given the depth on the interior?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:45 am

Lord Vigo wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am

I’m super high on Grebe and I think Alston and Seymour are intriguing. Alston especially seems to have a great ceiling. But I don’t know about the depth behind those three and it seems like as a group they could struggle to set the edge.

Anyone have any insight on that? Would Valdez perhaps play some outside, given the depth on the interior?

How about Eiden? Is he ready to make an impact?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:54 am

catatac wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:23 pm
Dumb question here, but is this the thread where any and all information coming out of Fall camp will likely be posted? I know some folks are posting links to interviews and articles here... but it seems hit and miss, and I don't know that I've seen all the Vigen, assistant coaches, and player interviews over the last couple days? Also, on a related note - is anyone attending practices and can post any practice reports? Just checking.
Bump here, I found this interview if anyone else is interested. I ended up just going to YouTube and doing a search, and found it. Still haven't found any Vigen interviews following any of these first few practices but I'm guessing they'll be coming soon.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:08 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:45 am
Lord Vigo wrote:

How about Eiden? Is he ready to make an impact?
Maybe! But if he is, I suspect it would be more as a DPR than a base set edge setter.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:17 pm

Good article- new additions, departures info, weight gain, etc…

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 87ece.html

FTG- GO CATS GO!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:03 pm

Elijah Elliott at 195 for this season is impressive!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:54 pm

Another guy to keep your eye on is WR Clevan Thomas a transfer out of Miami, FL. He has been working with the first team. He is very fast, good hands and has stood out. Very impressive.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:19 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:54 pm
Another guy to keep your eye on is WR Clevan Thomas a transfer out of Miami, FL. He has been working with the first team. He is very fast, good hands and has stood out. Very impressive.
I agree. He's a little guy, but very fast. Hopefully he can make a splash.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:23 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:

Regimbal (sp?) has been around for few years. He’ll be just fine at DE too

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:13 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:19 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Ala Andrew Patterson?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:38 am

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:13 pm
wbtfg wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:
Ala Andrew Patterson?
Yes, very much like Andrew Patterson.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:04 am

wbtfg wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:
Looks like he is a grad transfer from Kentucky. High accolades coming out of high school and started 8 games for SEC member Kentucky over his career. Senior season was derailed by a knee injury. His resume’ points to him having an immediate impact this season.

https://ukathletics.com/sports/football ... thomas-jr/

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:16 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:04 am
wbtfg wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:
Looks like he is a grad transfer from Kentucky. High accolades coming out of high school and started 8 games for SEC member Kentucky over his career. Senior season was derailed by a knee injury. His resume’ points to him having an immediate impact this season.

The WR room looks very impressive this year. That being said I hope Patterson returns.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:16 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:04 am
wbtfg wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:

Yep. He was better than summer. Had lots of fbs offers coming out of hs. If I remember right, then think he has a masters degree already, working in a second. Seems like a really good guy