Two Coaches, Two Styles

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rtb

Two Coaches, Two Styles

Post by rtb » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:43 am

Last edited by rtb on Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

SLCBengal
New Recruit

Kramer

Post by SLCBengal » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:22 pm

The Idaho State Journal (Pocatello) mentioned Kramer in a column (about half-way down) -- it also speaks of his coaching style/philosophy. And it makes you smile as well...

http://journalnet.com/articles/2004/08/ ... orts04.txt
Last edited by SLCBengal on Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:10 pm

I dread the day Coach K moves on from MSU. It's not finding a good replacement that worries me, but it's the fact that this guy is a MSU legend in his time, and when he leaves, it will be the end to, no doubt, one of the most entertaining and enjoyable eras of Bobcat Football.

By the way, the first article sounded like it could have been a contrast between Durham and Kramer, going from just interview styles. Although Mick is a hell of a lot more composed, refined, and respected than Booby H.
Last edited by GavinDonos on Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:32 pm

GavinDonos wrote:I dread the day Coach K moves on from MSU. It's not finding a good replacement that worries me, but it's the fact that this guy is a MSU legend in his time, and when he leaves, it will be the end to, no doubt, one of the most entertaining and enjoyable eras of Bobcat Football.

By the way, the first article sounded like it could have been a contrast between Durham and Kramer, going from just interview styles. Although Mick is a hell of a lot more composed, refined, and respected than Booby H.
A Legend??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better wait until his record is .500 overall and he wins a playoff game...Sorry Staledonut, despite your Hauck bashing, I'll give Kramer his due, he is a very good coach...but legend? Save that for the Brick Breedens and Don Reads of the coaching world...

GavinDonos

Post by GavinDonos » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:23 am

Son, you have to read the whole thing if you want what is referred to as "proper context". I said, "MSU Legend in his own time ". In reality my statement is quite restrictive in giving coach K "legend" status. He may not go down with the most wins in school history but he definately stands out among the crowd, along with Coach Holland.

Really, Boz, what I was talking about had nothing to do with you, the friz, or any other football program in the galaxy. Just 'lil 'ol MSU.

Edit* Have a good day :)
Last edited by GavinDonos on Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:26 am

Sorry Stale, guess I missed the part where I slammed the cats or any other team, or where I put the Griz higher on the pedistal...Must be inappropriate to comment on a sub-.500 coach with no playoff wins who is a "legend"...I'll go back and take out my negative comments about Brick Breeden while I'm at it I guess... :lol:

GavinDonos

Post by GavinDonos » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:09 am

Bozgriz wrote:Sorry Stale, guess I missed the part where I slammed the cats or any other team, or where I put the Griz higher on the pedistal...Must be inappropriate to comment on a sub-.500 coach with no playoff wins who is a "legend"...I'll go back and take out my negative comments about Brick Breeden while I'm at it I guess... :lol:
Aww, I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings again. I guess neither of us are allowed to our misguided opinions! sniff sniff!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:05 am

Actually I think he's like 3-3 in the playoffs or something. Nothing spectacular, but don't worry. I have a feeling he'll add to that W column this year... :wink:
Last edited by catatac on Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:12 am

2-3 or 3-4

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four