True freshmen to watch

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

True freshmen to watch

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:30 pm

It’s mid-June. Still about six weeks to go before preseason practices get going. Which freshmen are you most interested in seeing and which do you think might get some playing time?

A trio of players stand out to me for right now. Jordan Reed, who was a gray shirt, Taco Dowler and Takhari Carr.

Reed was impressive in the spring game. The rest of the guys didn’t get to play yet. Dowler is well known around the state. Carr signed late, but looks like a real gamer.

Obviously most freshman take a year to develop, so it’s usually a tough call.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: True freshmen to watch

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:45 pm

Aigbedion might see some playing time. Anaya if there are injuries or blowout games, but not more than four games. I’d like to see White play a bit just to see what the Cats got there.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:07 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:45 pm
Aigbedion might see some playing time. Anaya if there are injuries or blowout games, but not more than four games. I’d like to see White play a bit just to see what the Cats got there.
I agree that Aigbedion could be in the rotation by year end.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:05 am

Anaya. Nobody I've heard talk about him has sounded like the plan is anything other than for him to play. Maybe the spring transfers impact that some, seems they'd have to, but he'll be worth keeping an eye on.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:01 am

Anaya: I thought he was going to be in the 2-deep however with the additions of the transfers I’m not so sure … but I feel like you’ll see him play

Taco Dowler: could contribute in the punt return or kick game

Connor Moore: won’t start this year, probably won’t play even, but watch out I think he could be a special OT