Love seeing BOBCAT Football here...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Love seeing BOBCAT Football here...

Post by RickRund » Thu May 05, 2022 9:51 am

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Love seeing BOBCAT Football here...

Post by coloradocat » Thu May 05, 2022 10:03 am

Other week 8 games:
Iowa @ Ohio State
Texas @ OK State
Ole Miss & LSU

If Gameday goes to the Utah @ USC game the week before and both MSU and WSU are undefeated in FCS play it could happen. Otherwise we'll have to hope they don't want to go to OKST/OU or USC/UCLA on Cat/griz day.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu May 05, 2022 1:22 pm

Pinkies in Missoula would lose their freaking minds. Oh wait they already have.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu May 05, 2022 3:39 pm

I can see GameDay coming to Cat/Griz in the next year or two since pretty much all the big FBS rivalry games are played the following weekend.

But MSU/Weber in October...not a chance in hell.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri May 06, 2022 7:41 am

MSU01 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:39 pm
I can see GameDay coming to Cat/Griz in the next year or two since pretty much all the big FBS rivalry games are played the following weekend.

But MSU/Weber in October...not a chance in hell.
Yeah, the only Big Sky game that deserves this big stage is Cat/griz. I know that Weber and Eastern Washington are good competitors in the conference, but their fan base doesn't justify College Game Day.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 06, 2022 9:07 am

I disagree....Gameday doesn't necessarily show that game. They show the atmosphere. I think people are getting fatigued of continually see the same colleges every year and would like to see different scenery. Bozeman (and Missoula) have some beautiful scenery and a great gameday atmosphere. I feel like the students and the fan base would really show out.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:24 am

wbtfg wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:07 am
I disagree....Gameday doesn't necessarily show that game. They show the atmosphere. I think people are getting fatigued of continually see the same colleges every year and would like to see different scenery. Bozeman (and Missoula) have some beautiful scenery and a great gameday atmosphere. I feel like the students and the fan base would really show out.
I think any game in Bozeman would be good, especially a Sept., early Oct. game. The air travel to/from Bozeman is much easier these days. The commentators from the SDSU game were very impressed with the atmosphere and might weigh in on the discussion at ESPN.

A dream lineup for this year in Bozeman would be:
Gold Rush
Homecoming
ESPN GameDay
Cat-Griz
That's four heavy-hitters.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri May 06, 2022 11:16 am

wbtfg wrote:
Agreed. And it doesn't necessarily matter what the fan base of the visiting team brings to the table. They're hardly ever featured on Gameday anyway. If it's a compelling football game (MSU vs. Weber State would be, at least in the FCS landscape) and the host team has a great atmosphere, it's worthy of consideration. Add to that the fact that Bozeman is a very popular destination outside of football (whether we like it or not), and I think it's only a matter of time before ESPN sends the big guns out to do something different and interesting. 95% of the show will be about other big college games/story lines anyway, so the show is more about the place than it is the game. Even ESPN has to be wondering what they can do in some of the places they've been many times. Oh look, they're featuring another diner in Tuscaloosa, or another old man who's been to every game in Athens for the last 345 years. If it was really a decision between Eugene, OR and Bozeman, MT, nobody but Oregon fans would care that Gameday is in Bozeman. Fans from Michigan, Alabama, Penn State, Texas, or Oklahoma wouldn't say "I'd rather be watching this from Eugene".

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat May 07, 2022 12:59 am

If I remember correctly, our night game against Weber was on ESPN-something with ESPN announcers. Those two were loving the game and started talking up the idea of having GameDay come to the Big Sky. One of them especially seemed very familiar with Bozeman. I think it makes sense that the rematch with WSU in Bozeman would be under consideration.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat May 07, 2022 9:03 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:24 am
wbtfg wrote:
I think any game in Bozeman would be good, especially a Sept., early Oct. game. The air travel to/from Bozeman is much easier these days. The commentators from the SDSU game were very impressed with the atmosphere and might weigh in on the discussion at ESPN.

Gold Rush
Homecoming
ESPN GameDay
Cat-Griz
I'd add home games through the playoffs.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat May 07, 2022 11:07 am

Common Cat wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:03 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:24 am
wbtfg wrote:

Gold Rush
Homecoming
ESPN GameDay
Cat-Griz
I'd add home games through the playoffs.
Unfortunately the only option would be the semis and I'm not sure I'd they do Gameday that Saturday since it's bowl season. The 1st weekend in December they're usually at the SEC championship and the 2nd weekend they're at the Army-Navy game.