Pinch Me

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Pinch Me

Post by MSU01 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:02 pm

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:06 am
Received an email from the Bobcat Club celebrating the "Year of the Bobcat". Quite a list of accomplishments, both athletically and academically. It ended with an appeal to consider a gift to the Bobcat Club. Is this the best place to donate? Or should it be to the facilities plan or 6th man club, QB club etc? I don't have a lot to give, but want to make it as effective as possible.
That probably depends on where you want your money to go - to help support all student-athletes at MSU, the Bobcat Club is the way to go. If you're passionate about a single sport and want your entire donation to go there, then a QB/6th Man/Fast Break Club(WBB)/VB/T&F Club donation is also a great option. If you're donating a smaller amount I'd stay away from donating to the facilities plan at this time just because we don't know how far down the road it's going to be before the next phase of the plan is fully funded and ready to go. A Bobcat Club or sport-specific donation helps the most now as opposed to a facilities donation which may well sit around doing nothing for a few years before anything happens with it.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:09 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:39 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:02 pm
Even got recognized in the Wall Street Journal in Friday paper. I was working the WSJ crossword puzzle on Friday and the clue for #3 down was “Montana State Athlete”. Now I will tell you I am NOT a crossword aficionado…….but I got that one right!!

Alright alright…..so maybe that wasn’t a “Pinch Me” worthy item….but fun to see!
At first, I was going for an individual athlete (Andersen doesn't fit) and then my brain cells kicked in.

Lol, ya... that would be BOBCAT... Bob... :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:08 am

I guess we overlooked the MSU Rugby Club. They play Div 2 and played in the National championship this year.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:43 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:08 am
I guess we overlooked the MSU Rugby Club. They play Div 2 and played in the National championship this year.

Love Rugby... Congratulations

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:32 pm

I wonder if we can get a hell yeah for another endowment. Maybe a few computer science scholarships for football players?

BOZEMAN — Montana State University today announced a $5.6 million gift from Larry and Anne Hambly that will enhance the university’s offerings in the rapidly growing field of computer science, enabling groundbreaking research and expanded opportunities for graduates whose skills are increasingly in demand in Montana and nationwide.

The donation will establish the Hambly Chair in Computer Science, an endowed professorship that enables MSU to hire an additional faculty member with demonstrated expertise that will benefit MSU students, according to John Paxton, director of the Gianforte School of Computing in MSU’s Norm Asbjornson College of Engineering. Paxton anticipates the new professor would start in fall 2023.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:53 pm

:!:
Montanabob wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:32 pm
I wonder if we can get a hell yeah for another endowment. Maybe a few computer science scholarships for football players?

BOZEMAN — Montana State University today announced a $5.6 million gift from Larry and Anne Hambly that will enhance the university’s offerings in the rapidly growing field of computer science, enabling groundbreaking research and expanded opportunities for graduates whose skills are increasingly in demand in Montana and nationwide.

The donation will establish the Hambly Chair in Computer Science, an endowed professorship that enables MSU to hire an additional faculty member with demonstrated expertise that will benefit MSU students, according to John Paxton, director of the Gianforte School of Computing in MSU’s Norm Asbjornson College of Engineering. Paxton anticipates the new professor would start in fall 2023.
wow

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:58 pm

By my count that’s $281.6 million from five donors.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:06 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:32 pm

I know we would love to see these big donors give to athletics, this however is what will ensure MSU and Bobcat Athletics future success. Look over the hill and witness what investment in only athletics does for a university.

Thank you Larry and Anne Hambly.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:39 pm

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:15 pm

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:01 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:15 pm
And that is game, set and match for the 6th consecutive Brawl of the Wild Series win for MSU.

https://msubobcats.com/sports/2014/2/17 ... 41119.aspx

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:16 pm

rivercat wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:01 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:15 pm
And that is game, set and match for the 6th consecutive Brawl of the Wild Series win for MSU.

https://msubobcats.com/sports/2014/2/17 ... 41119.aspx
That's awesome! Hilarious - right at the end of that clip as the MSU men are celebrating, you can see the crybaby dUMb coach and player whining to the chair umpire when the return was clearly wide....

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Thu May 12, 2022 7:42 am

Really nice video. Here the thing. Next year has the makings to be even better, particularly with the Brawl Series. I see improvements in basketball, volleyball, and of course, I truly believe the football team will win in Bozeman. Still should see domination over the gris in all the track and field programs. Not many points left for the gris to capture. Those poor bastards.

St George

Post by St George » Sat May 14, 2022 9:10 am

NFL Count 2022,

Please correct me if I am wrong.

2 Drafted: Andersen, Hardy
3 Undrafted free agents: McCutcheon, Kidd, Kassis
1 Undrafted free agent mini camp: Webb

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat May 14, 2022 4:31 pm

St George wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:10 am
NFL Count 2022,

Please correct me if I am wrong.

2 Drafted: Andersen, Hardy
3 Undrafted free agents: McCutcheon, Kidd, Kassis
1 Undrafted free agent mini camp: Webb
I think that's right. I know this is an extreme long shot but add Jonsen and Singleton to that list and can you imagine if the Cats had 8 players on rosters next year?

I'd put the over\under around 4 or 5.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sat May 14, 2022 10:42 pm

:-({|=
POCATELLO, Idaho — The Montana State men's and women's teams each placed runner-up at the 2022 Big Sky Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships, which concluded Saturday at Davis Field.

MSU's women scored 125 points, their highest total at the meet since 2015, while MSU's men recorded 119 points. The second-place finishes are the program's best effort at the Big Sky outdoor meet in 10 years.

Northern Arizona's men's and women's teams won the Big Sky titles by scoring conference meet record totals of 185 and 244 points, respectively.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun May 15, 2022 1:33 am

Montanabob wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:42 pm
POCATELLO, Idaho — The Montana State men's and women's teams each placed runner-up at the 2022 Big Sky Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships, which concluded Saturday at Davis Field.

MSU's women scored 125 points, their highest total at the meet since 2015, while MSU's men recorded 119 points. The second-place finishes are the program's best effort at the Big Sky outdoor meet in 10 years.

Northern Arizona's men's and women's teams won the Big Sky titles by scoring conference meet record totals of 185 and 244 points, respectively.
That is an excellent performance! I’ll bet NAU is starting to pay attention a little. Don’t look back, a Bobcat may be gaining on you.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun May 15, 2022 3:03 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:33 am
Montanabob wrote:

That is an excellent performance! I’ll bet NAU is starting to pay attention a little. Don’t look back, a Bobcat may be gaining on you.
It’s been a year at MSU, but I’m comfortable saying two of five best male athletes at MSU were on track team.

Troy is #1. As if I needed to say that.

toM StUber

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun May 15, 2022 7:07 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 3:03 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:33 am
Montanabob wrote:

It’s been a year at MSU, but I’m comfortable saying two of five best male athletes at MSU were on track team.

Troy is #1. As if I needed to say that.
That might be true...but Drake Schneider's 400K hurdle time was only 2 seconds slower than Edwin Moses' personal best-the guy who dominated that event for a decade. I don't think his Big Sky record is going to fall for a long long time-if ever!

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Sun May 15, 2022 9:59 pm

CatBot wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 7:42 am
Really nice video. Here the thing. Next year has the makings to be even better, particularly with the Brawl Series. I see improvements in basketball, volleyball, and of course, I truly believe the football team will win in Bozeman. Still should see domination over the gris in all the track and field programs. Not many points left for the gris to capture. Those poor bastards.

Wow. great video.