Pinch Me

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Pinch Me

Post by Montanabob » Mon May 16, 2022 11:42 am

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon May 16, 2022 11:49 am

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 25, 2022 7:58 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed May 25, 2022 10:03 am

MSU dethrones NAU to win the men's all-sports trophy!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed May 25, 2022 10:19 am

Just an incredible year, and the tennis doubles team has a chance for another upset at the tournament today.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun May 29, 2022 3:38 pm

Outdoor track send 5 to nationals. More than NAU and 5 out of 14 from BSC.
https://bigskyconf.com/news/2022/5/28/o ... d-set.aspx

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun May 29, 2022 8:12 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:38 pm
Outdoor track send 5 to nationals. More than NAU and 5 out of 14 from BSC.
https://bigskyconf.com/news/2022/5/28/o ... d-set.aspx
And there’s a serious chance 2-3 place high.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:55 pm

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:16 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:55 pm

The fastest collegiate time in the country this year…one of the fastest qualifying times ever…a superbly dominant race in which he looked not only supremely conditioned and tough but also had a newfound confidence…one of the fastest times in the world this year.

With all due respect to Troy Andersen, Darian White, and all the other current great Bobcats, Duncan Hamilton might be the best thing going at Montana State right now. Kid is a historic athlete. Just unbelievably fun to follow. If you watched his race today, you know what I’m saying. If you haven’t watched him, watch the finals. The MSU men who advanced today are all three stars.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:03 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:16 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

The fastest collegiate time in the country this year…one of the fastest qualifying times ever…a superbly dominant race in which he looked not only supremely conditioned and tough but also had a newfound confidence…one of the fastest times in the world this year.

With all due respect to Troy Andersen, Darian White, and all the other current great Bobcats, Duncan Hamilton might be the best thing going at Montana State right now. Kid is a historic athlete. Just unbelievably fun to follow. If you watched his race today, you know what I’m saying. If you haven’t watched him, watch the finals. The MSU men who advanced today are all three stars.
I told some friends that tonight. You'd have trouble convincing me the best athletes at MSU aren't track and field athletes. It's rare for an MSU athlete to be truly elite at the highest national level, and MSU has a couple this year. These aren't all-Americans at an FCS level...these are all-Americans at the very highest level of collegiate T&F. I don't mean to take anything away from Troy Andersen, and I am one of his biggest fans out there. But what some of these kids are doing in Track is on par with anything happening at any school in America. And there are at least as many Montana kids competing at larger schools at a high level in Track and Field. Really happy for Duncan, Drake, Levi, and I'm pulling hard for Lucy Corbett in the high jump to be an All-American again!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:43 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:03 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I told some friends that tonight. You'd have trouble convincing me the best athletes at MSU aren't track and field athletes. It's rare for an MSU athlete to be truly elite at the highest national level, and MSU has a couple this year. These aren't all-Americans at an FCS level...these are all-Americans at the very highest level of collegiate T&F. I don't mean to take anything away from Troy Andersen, and I am one of his biggest fans out there. But what some of these kids are doing in Track is on par with anything happening at any school in America. And there are at least as many Montana kids competing at larger schools at a high level in Track and Field. Really happy for Duncan, Drake, Levi, and I'm pulling hard for Lucy Corbett in the high jump to be an All-American again!
I don’t know who’s better than who, but this is definitely an appropriately named thread. It’s had some serious staying power.

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:08 am

toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:10 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I watched the heat on the CBS sport channel last night. Duncan only needed to place in the top 5 to advance. On the last lap he pushed himself and absolutely left any challenger way behind. The announcers were actually questioning why he was pushing so hard in the heat as he had a finals berth locked up. When asked after the race, he explained that he was shooting for some type of additional national qualification (maybe Olympic trials? - I don’t know). I didn’t understand what standard he was pursuing, but he clearly knew what he was doing and he confidently stated that he will attain that status in the Finals! He also mentioned getting his teammate in the finals which I thought was awesome! Represented MSU very well!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:36 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:10 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I watched the heat on the CBS sport channel last night. Duncan only needed to place in the top 5 to advance. On the last lap he pushed himself and absolutely left any challenger way behind. The announcers were actually questioning why he was pushing so hard in the heat as he had a finals berth locked up. When asked after the race, he explained that he was shooting for some type of additional national qualification (maybe Olympic trials? - I don’t know). I didn’t understand what standard he was pursuing, but he clearly knew what he was doing and he confidently stated that he will attain that status in the Finals! He also mentioned getting his teammate in the finals which I thought was awesome! Represented MSU very well!
He was quoted in one article is saying he wanted to set a blistering pace to wear out the field so that it gave our other competitor a better chance of making the finals

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:41 am

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:36 am
Cataholic wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

He was quoted in one article is saying he wanted to set a blistering pace to wear out the field so that it gave our other competitor a better chance of making the finals
Yes. Levi Taylor placed 6th in the other heat and top 5 from the heat advance. If other runners tired in Duncan’s heat due to his blistering speed, Levi could slip in as one of the additional qualifiers (next 2 best times overall). But Duncan also mentioned seeking a qualifying time for something else which he missed by 1 second.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:50 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:41 am
Montanabob wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:36 am
Cataholic wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Yes. Levi Taylor placed 6th in the other heat and top 5 from the heat advance. If other runners tired in Duncan’s heat due to his blistering speed, Levi could slip in as one of the additional qualifiers (next 2 best times overall). But Duncan also mentioned seeking a qualifying time for something else which he missed by 1 second.
He was trying to qualify for the World Championships (8:22.00) which he missed by just over a second but he thinks he can get it in the finals.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:49 pm

All I know is I'm going to watch more NFL this year than all my other years combined. And on top of that, I've never even considered watching the NCAA T&F championships until this year. I'm even on a MSU tennis feed. This Bobcat program has actually changed my life. :bow:

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:18 pm

Nico Young from NAU took 3rd in the men’s 5000 meters. I discovered that it is easier to root for the NAU distance guys when the Bobcats won the Big Sky all sports title.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act