Offseason Random Stuff - 2022

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Offseason Random Stuff - 2022

Post by TomCat88 » Mon May 02, 2022 1:23 pm

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 02, 2022 2:50 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 02, 2022 3:22 pm

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon May 02, 2022 8:14 pm

I posted another Housewright tweet in the transfer portal thread but I think I'll post his good ones here from now on. A lot of us were on the fence with him before the playoffs last season but his Twitter game is earning him some points.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon May 02, 2022 8:27 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:14 pm
I posted another Housewright tweet in the transfer portal thread but I think I'll post his good ones here from now on. A lot of us were on the fence with him before the playoffs last season but his Twitter game is earning him some points.

Bet it's not earning him points with Vigen.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon May 02, 2022 8:40 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:27 pm
coloradocat wrote:

You’re overthinking it.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon May 02, 2022 8:44 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:40 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

You’re overthinking it.
Maybe. But if I'm Vigen, my OC tweeting like a fan isn't making me happy.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon May 02, 2022 8:59 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:44 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:40 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

You’re overthinking it.
Maybe. But if I'm Vigen, my OC tweeting like a fan isn't making me happy.
Danny Sprinkle liked it!

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon May 02, 2022 9:06 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Check out the other tweet. This one is tame compared to that. This tweet celebrates MSU. The other one denigrates the G5, and to some degree the players that pick those schools over MSU and other top-tier FCS teams. I think this one is great and other one is unprofessional but hilarious. I would think Vigen's only problem here is that it follows the other one. As a stand-alone tweet he probably wouldn't care.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon May 02, 2022 9:29 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:06 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Check out the other tweet. This one is tame compared to that. This tweet celebrates MSU. The other one denigrates the G5, and to some degree the players that pick those schools over MSU and other top-tier FCS teams. I think this one is great and other one is unprofessional but hilarious. I would think Vigen's only problem here is that it follows the other one. As a stand-alone tweet he probably wouldn't care.
Yeah this one isn't bad. My post was more directed at the other one in another thread. Definitely unprofessional. If my kid was being recruited by MSU (and I wasn't a Cats fan) as well as some mediocre G5 schools I'd be steering my kid clear of MSU unless academics was a big part of the decsion. I'm probably in the minority here and most people my age probably don't take issue with this, but I think it's pretty ridiculous a D1 OC is tweeting like he's just a passionate fan of the team.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue May 03, 2022 9:26 am

Honestly MSU needs a guy Tweeting like Housewright. I don't love it, but look at the EWU coaches, football and especially basketball when Shantay Legens was coach. I think it resonates with them kids a bit more than boring ol', full punctuation vanilla sentences.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue May 03, 2022 9:43 am

CelticCat wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:26 am
Honestly MSU needs a guy Tweeting like Housewright. I don't love it, but look at the EWU coaches, football and especially basketball when Shantay Legens was coach. I think it resonates with them kids a bit more than boring ol', full punctuation vanilla sentences.
I imagine Vigen calling Housewright and saying something like...

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RICO CAT » Tue May 03, 2022 11:03 am

coloradocat wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:43 am
CelticCat wrote:

No new tweets today??

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue May 03, 2022 11:44 am

RICO CAT wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:03 am
coloradocat wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:43 am
CelticCat wrote:

No new tweets today??
And with the "history" of the internet, it could come back to whack you over the head if you go 3-8 one year.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Thu May 05, 2022 9:03 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:29 pm
coloradocat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

Yeah this one isn't bad. My post was more directed at the other one in another thread. Definitely unprofessional. If my kid was being recruited by MSU (and I wasn't a Cats fan) as well as some mediocre G5 schools I'd be steering my kid clear of MSU unless academics was a big part of the decsion. I'm probably in the minority here and most people my age probably don't take issue with this, but I think it's pretty ridiculous a D1 OC is tweeting like he's just a passionate fan of the team.
I have ZERO issue with this tweet. He isn't wrong about the G5, and players that go to a G5 over the Cats probably really don't care about that tweet. The OC is pointing out what makes MSU great and players that come here get to be part of that experience.

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Thu May 05, 2022 1:51 pm

Let the NIL circus continue.. Tucker Kraft sharing he got offered “6 figure NIL deals” to go play elsewhere

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu May 05, 2022 4:42 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:29 pm
coloradocat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
coloradocat wrote:

I agree, and although this one isn’t bad, it still just comes off a little immature. Just my opinion, and even though I’m only 35, apparently I’m the old “get off my lawn” type guy with this stuff.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 11, 2022 12:49 pm

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed May 11, 2022 1:11 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:49 pm
=D^ =D^ =D^

I would have ended the video with 0:10-0:19 of this after the Year of the Bobcats fades out:

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Thu May 12, 2022 1:36 pm

[url][

Would instantly make Idaho much more interesting.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing