2023 recruiting. 127 known offers - 38 known Bobcat commits/walk-ons - 85 elsewhere

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: 2023 recruiting. 83 total known offers - 0 known Bobcat commits - 16 committed elsewhere

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:49 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:51 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:55 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:39 pm
https://twitter.com/theorinr/status/154 ... 3wR-tC3EQA

Made top 6
I bet he picks Wazzu.
In the dumpster of pac 8?
That contorted logo belongs in a dumpster. Worst one in college football.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Re: 2023 recruiting. 85 known offers - 2 known Bobcat commits - 25 committed elsewhere

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:49 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:32 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChanceWilson ... 7510832128

Tulsa will be really tough to beat out - hometown team. I’m crossing my fingers
[-o<
My very uneducated guess would be 60/40 in favor of the Cats. I think we’re kind of an odd team to be on his list, compared to Tulsa and NM State. No chance he picks NM State, imo. Has us listed over NDSU, which is also a little strange, if we’re being honest. Dad played with Vigen, mom went to MSU. I think we’ve got a real good chance.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Re: 2023 recruiting. 85 known offers - 2 known Bobcat commits - 25 committed elsewhere

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:53 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:49 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:

[-o<
My very uneducated guess would be 60/40 in favor of the Cats. I think we’re kind of an odd team to be on his list, compared to Tulsa and NM State. No chance he picks NM State, imo. Has us listed over NDSU, which is also a little strange, if we’re being honest. Dad played with Vigen, mom went to MSU. I think we’ve got a real good chance.
I didn’t know mom went to MSU. The one reason I’m thinking Tulsa it’s because I believe that is his hometown team. MSU has a ton of selling points, I really, really hope he is a Bobcat. He would be a tremendous addition, it was really kick start this class I believe

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:53 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:53 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

[-o<
I didn’t know mom went to MSU. The one reason I’m thinking Tulsa it’s because I believe that is his hometown team. MSU has a ton of selling points, I really, really hope he is a Bobcat. He would be a tremendous addition, it was really kick start this class I believe
Heck, Tulsa got beat by UC Davis last season and doesn't really have a history of doing much other than going to some who cares Bowl once in a while. New Mexico is almost always a train wreck, with something like 4 winning season in the past 40 years. I'd hope that MSU is in the mix. I'm just surprised those other two teams beat out NDSU. I don't know anything about the league he plays in but you can't help but be impressed with his production. He also has some serious wheels for a tall and relatively thin young man.
Last edited by AFCAT on Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:54 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

[-o<
He is crazy athletic. He would have had the fastest 200 and 400 times in the state of Montana as a junior.

https://www.yurview.com/oklahoma/wilson ... ack-title/

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:59 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:53 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

[-o<
Heck, Tulsa got beat by UC Davis last season and doesn't really have a history of doing much other than going to some who cares Bowl once in a while. New Mexico is almost always a train wreck, with something like 4 winning season in the past 40 years. I'd hope that MSU is in the mix. I'm just surprised those other two teams beat out NDSU. I don't know anything about the league he plays in but you can't help but be impressed with his production. He also has some serious wheels for a tall and relatively thin young man.
NDSU did join the party late and they already have a QB committed - that maybe played an influence.

I get it, Tulsa isn't anything to write home about. I'd much rather live in Bozeman, be a priced recruit, go to MSU, start for a few years and learn under Vigen, who is friends with your dad, and who has done a great job with QB's in the past than go to Tulsa to, best case, go play in "Who Cares Bowl"... but beating out hometown teams is tough. I'm very hopeful he picks. No way he picks NMSU

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:03 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:59 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

[-o<
NDSU did join the party late and they already have a QB committed - that maybe played an influence.

I get it, Tulsa isn't anything to write home about. I'd much rather live in Bozeman, be a priced recruit, go to MSU, start for a few years and learn under Vigen, who is friends with your dad, and who has done a great job with QB's in the past than go to Tulsa to, best case, go play in "Who Cares Bowl"... but beating out hometown teams is tough. I'm very hopeful he picks. No way he picks NMSU
I also won't be surprised to see some higher offers coming down the road for him.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:04 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:03 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

[-o<

I also won't be surprised to see some higher offers coming down the road for him.
Yeah true, one "helpful" thing is that a lot of FBS school are wrapping up 2023 class and usually only take 1 QB a class - but I agree he could get some bigger ones with a great SR year.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:10 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:04 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:03 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

[-o<

Yeah true, one "helpful" thing is that a lot of FBS school are wrapping up 2023 class and usually only take 1 QB a class - but I agree he could get some bigger ones with a great SR year.
Anyone who thinks NMSU would be a better choice than MSU must have went to UM. Almost as bad as going to UNLV.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2023 recruiting. 85 known offers - 2 known Bobcat commits - 26 committed elsewhere

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:42 pm

Who are the two D-Bag adults bickering back and forth on the kids Twitter feed?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2023 recruiting. 85 known offers - 2 known Bobcat commits - 26 committed elsewhere

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:56 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:42 pm
Well, one looks to be an NDSU fan and the other a Bobcat fan. The NDSU fan looks to be the “d-bag” in the conversation.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:25 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:

[-o<

I dont disagree with this logic. But, to most kids FBS > FCS. But putting five guys in the NFL this year doesnt hurt out recruiting power.

Hating the griz since 02.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:23 am

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:11 am

I've said this before and I'll say it again - Bozeman can be a tough sell for certain, if not many kids. Bozeman is a small, expensive town in cold, northern climate. If you don't like the outdoors, you are used to big city life, if you've never seen snow in your life... It's a big culture and climate shock for many.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:42 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:56 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Well, one looks to be an NDSU fan and the other a Bobcat fan. The NDSU fan looks to be the “d-bag” in the conversation.
If you’re an adult commenting on a HS kids twitter, you’re probably a douche bag or just weird.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:23 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:42 pm
AFCAT wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
If you’re an adult commenting on a HS kids twitter, you’re probably a douche bag or just weird.
I guess that would depend on what subject you are commenting on and what your comments are. However, two adult guys trolling each other on someone else's Twitter page is always weird.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:58 pm

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:59 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:23 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:42 pm
AFCAT wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
I guess that would depend on what subject you are commenting on and what your comments are. However, two adult guys trolling each other on someone else's Twitter page is always weird.
In regards to recruits, I think it’s best to just say nothing at all.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:57 pm

Hope we get him. This is a fascinating decision as MSU actually outdrew Tulsa in attendance last year. Tulsa also played in a bowl game in Conway, SC with just 6,500 fans in attendance. These are always interesting battles against lower G5 teams.