Troy Andersen Career Highlight Video

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat 1963
BobcatNation Redshirt

Troy Andersen Career Highlight Video

Post by Bobcat 1963 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:30 am

My son compiled every highlight he could find of Troy throughout his career at MSU.
This video includes many of his better offensive and defensive highlights, as well as showcasing his impressive career statistics.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It helps put into perspective just how great of a player he was.

Look for future highlight videos on the same channel. He has Tommy Mellott's and Daniel Hardy's videos coming soon.
Last edited by Bobcat 1963 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Troy Andersen Career Highlight Video

Post by BStinsMSU » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:42 am

Bobcat 1963 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:30 am
My son compiled every highlight he could find of Troy throughout his career at MSU.
This video includes many of his better offensive and defensive highlights, as well as showcasing his impressive career statistics.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It helps put into perspective just how great of a player he was.

Look for future highlight videos on the same channel. He has Tommy Mellott's and Daniel Hardy's videos coming soon.
=D^

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:51 am

=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

FTG- GO CATS GO!

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:01 am

I wrote in the other thread-this was awesome. I am so going to miss watching Troy at MSU, but I will enjoy following him in the NFL.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:08 am

AWESOME! I've been waiting for a highlight video of Troy for years, thank your son for me.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:11 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:08 am
AWESOME! I've been waiting for a highlight video of Troy for years, thank your son for me.
Ditto this. Excellent work!

Man I'm gonna miss watching that kid in Blue and Gold.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:02 am

Excellent!!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:28 am

Awesome video!! As great as Troy was on defense, this video reminded me just how much fun it was to watch him run the ball.

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:30 am

Somehow I forgot just how unbelievable he was at running the football. My god. Fastest guy on the field... and at that size... it just wasn’t even fair.

It was so much fun watching his career.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:37 am

Fantastic video! Of every single highlight Troy gave us during his time at MSU, and there were many, I still think the greatest play he made was the tackle for loss during the playoff game this year against SDSU on the 4th and 1 play. His athleticism, ability to read the play, and shed his blocker just made him look like a man against boys.

Thank you Troy for choosing MSU and representing the Blue & Gold with pride and dignity. Bobcat Nation will dearly miss watching you play on Saturdays, but we'll just trade it now for watching you play on Sundays. Best of luck in the NFL, Troy!!!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:51 am

Wow

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:55 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:37 am
Fantastic video! Of every single highlight Troy gave us during his time at MSU, and there were many, I still think the greatest play he made was the tackle for loss during the playoff game this year against SDSU on the 4th and 1 play. His athleticism, ability to read the play, and shed his blocker just made him look like a man against boys.

Thank you Troy for choosing MSU and representing the Blue & Gold with pride and dignity. Bobcat Nation will dearly miss watching you play on Saturdays, but we'll just trade it now for watching you play on Sundays. Best of luck in the NFL, Troy!!!
The thing about that SDSU play is that the highlights don’t seem to capture how fast he was moving. I watched the play from the East grandstands and Troy seemed to come out of nowhere and was just flying to the ball.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catgradtimes2 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:05 pm

This is awesome!

For all the great Troy plays over the years it’s that fourth down tackle against SDSU that will forever live in my memory. Not many guys make that play and it served as a huge momentum shift. Gonna miss watching Troy play for the Cats.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:57 pm

Impressive Video, well done. I've always been impressed with Troy Andersen, we were fortunate to have him at MSU. With all his success, he still is a down to earth guy, and extremely humble. After this year, I've wondered, if he stayed on offense or defense all 4 years, how many records he would hold either side of the ball, most probably would never be broken. We'll always been wondering when the next "Troy Andersen" will come along.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:58 pm

This is great.

And I thought the 4th down tackle against SDSU was incredible, but I think I'm more impressed with the tackle against Idaho. He was on the ground nowhere near the receiver, got up and chased down one of the fastest guys on the field. Even Zack Mackey's voice was so dejected like he thought that guy was gone and the game was in serious jeopardy. And if he doesn't make that play, at that stage of that game, and MSU loses to Idaho, there's a pretty decent chance MSU doesn't get a bye and doesn't get past about the second round of the playoffs. Both were such impressive plays and such big impacts on the outcome of the game.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:00 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:57 pm
Impressive Video, well done. I've always been impressed with Troy Andersen, we were fortunate to have him at MSU. With all his success, he still is a down to earth guy, and extremely humble. After this year, I've wondered, if he stayed on offense or defense all 4 years, how many records he would hold either side of the ball, most probably would never be broken. We'll always been wondering when the next "Troy Andersen" will come along.
I doubt many of us will realistically expect to see another "Troy Andersen". I get what you're saying, when do we see the next all-time great, but to be an all-time great on both sides of the ball (along with the character and academic success of TA) is not something we should ever expect to see again. I sure wouldn't mind if we did though.

Bobcat 1963
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bobcat 1963 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:13 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:08 am
Thank you CelticCat. I was born and raised in MT and returned to live here and raise my kids in 2004. My son was entering 3rd grade and most of his classmates were Griz fans. Denarius helped turn my son into a proud Bobcat fan, but Troy helped turn him into a passionate Bobcat fan. This video was a small way to say "Thank You" to Troy for all of the joy and pride he brought us with his hard work both on and off the field. My son recently purchased some video editing software and he wanted his first project to be all about Troy. Glad you enjoyed it.

catsandcanes
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catsandcanes » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:43 pm

Amazing job on the video!! Thank you so much for sharing. Watching that made me stoked for Bobcat football but sad because we won’t see his total domination live in Bozeman again. Truly a special talent and dare say generational talent. I’ve had season tickets for 12-13 years so not a real old timer but in my opinion possibly the greatest Bobcat ever…. Great video. Thank you!!
And yes I look forward to watching him play on Sunday afternoons in the near future.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:31 pm

Very well done! I enjoyed every minute of it.

towncat21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by towncat21 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:44 pm

I have so many great memories in Bobcat stadium since going to school there in the mid 90s. The most special moment I ever had was with my son at Gold Rush game a couple years ago. Let me set this up.
My son and I were sitting directly behind the visiting team bench. We were watching their team intently, and were amazed how cocky and confident they were about coming to that atmosphere and expecting to leave with a win. During warm-ups they were engaging us fans and had little to no respect for the Bobcats.

During the pregame, the Bobcat starters were being introduced on the scoreboard. Their team remained highly engaged with us throughout the introductions. You might remember the time Troy was introduced and he had his back to the camera, turned around with a cowboy hat on holding a stuffed Bobcat with sunglasses on. The crowd loved it. But not as much as the opposing players. One of their stud lineman turned to us in the crowd, laughing historically, and said, ‘That’s the scary dude we’re supposed to be scared of!?!’ He and his teammates began high-fiving and chest bumping while they mocked us in the first row.
Fast forward to the cats first drive. Troy takes a snap, runs to left, around, over, and past the whole defense for a long touchdown to open the scoring.
That lineman never looked or said anything to us after that even though we tried desperately to get his attention. Such a great time.