2021 MSU FB Review Event

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

2021 MSU FB Review Event

Post by DMMDCats » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:56 am

Not sure if any saw this, season review in Billings:
https://e.givesmart.com/events/piD/

Bring your checkbook

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: 2021 MSU FB Review Event

Post by stevo » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:14 am

I have seen this advertised. I can not tell if its a legit deal. Seams odd that it is not coming out of the bobcat club, bobcat athletics or the alumni foundation. I have a message out to someone to find out.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:16 am

Tweeted from the official Bobcat Club Twitter page:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:38 am

Just bought four. About 50 left.

stevo

Post by stevo » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:19 am

I got an email back from athletics. It is a real event. Purchase away. I'm going to get 4.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:00 pm

OK, I thought this thing would sell out in 2 minutes like Frisco tickets. There's been something like 10 sold in the last few days.

COME ON BOBCAT NATION!!! WHERE'S YOUR VIM? STEP UP!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:00 pm
OK, I thought this thing would sell out in 2 minutes like Frisco tickets. There's been something like 10 sold in the last few days.

Probably because they aren’t advertising it very well. The QB club needs to send this out too and it needs to be reposted on social media platforms every day. I thought the event would sell out the first day.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

stevo

Post by stevo » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:44 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:00 pm

Probably because they aren’t advertising it very well. The QB club needs to send this out too and it needs to be reposted on social media platforms every day. I thought the event would sell out the first day.
Agree on not advertising it that well.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:45 pm

Another one at the Armory on March 2.

$125 per seat.

https://e.givesmart.com/events/psw/

Or you could join QB Club and go to their event.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:13 pm

I can’t make the Billings show as I am stuck on tax paperwork.

Anyone need a ticket?

For Billings for tonight at 1800MST

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:07 am

Heard they raised $30k...versus $10k target. Good Job Billings!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:26 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:07 am
Anybody who attended, can you give us a review of the event?

Hating the griz since 02.

stevo

Post by stevo » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:58 am

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:26 am
Catfanatic84 wrote:
It was great fun. MSU sent a great contingent of people down for the event. Here are a few that attended that i can think of. Sorry if i miss spell any.
Leon Costello
Casey Fox
Bethany Cordell
Zach Mackey
Brent Vigen
Taylor Housewright
Bobby Daly
Tyler Walker
Willi Mack Garza
Other support staff that i can not remember right off.
The event started as a meet and great cocktail hour. Lots of mingling around and chit chat with the staff and Leon. After a great dinner the football staff and Zach got on stage and sat in some big cushy chairs. Zach basically interviewed the coaches and asked questions. The audience got to ask some as well. Q&A took about an hour.
Leon addressed the crowd and talked mostly about the student athletes and how well they are doing in the class room and how much it takes to support them. We have over 300 student athletes at MSU and it takes alot of support from us, the public and private donors, to make it all work. They need to raise money for athletic scholarships. Leon asked for donations to the bobcat club scholarship fund. Definitely not a pressure sales job at all. They wanted to raise $10,000.00 at the event and ended up with about $30,000.00 that night.
Over all it was fun and entertaining night.. Any earth shattering news from coach? No not really.
Tommy is fine and will be ready to roll this spring.
Troy is bringing a lot of good attention to Montana State.
Willi Mack wants to make sure Troy is truly out of eligibility, he wants him back.
The team is grinding away trying to get better.
That's all I will say. If you want to hear more.... go support this event when it gets to your town. Sounds like they are going to do this around the state. Bozeman is next.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:10 am

stevo wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:58 am
CodyCat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
It was great fun. MSU sent a great contingent of people down for the event. Here are a few that attended that i can think of. Sorry if i miss spell any.
Leon Costello
Casey Fox
Bethany Cordell
Zach Mackey
Brent Vigen
Taylor Housewright
Bobby Daly
Tyler Walker
Willi Mack Garza
The event started as a meet and great cocktail hour. Lots of mingling around and chit chat with the staff and Leon. After a great dinner the football staff and Zach got on stage and sat in some big cushy chairs. Zach basically interviewed the coaches and asked questions. The audience got to ask some as well. Q&A took about an hour.
Leon addressed the crowd and talked mostly about the student athletes and how well they are doing in the class room and how much it takes to support them. We have over 300 student athletes at MSU and it takes alot of support from us, the public and private donors, to make it all work. They need to raise money for athletic scholarships. Leon asked for donations to the bobcat club scholarship fund. Definitely not a pressure sales job at all. They wanted to raise $10,000.00 at the event and ended up with about $30,000.00 that night.
Over all it was fun and entertaining night.. Any earth shattering news from coach? No not really.
Willi Mack wants to make sure Troy is truly out of eligibility, he wants him back.
That's all I will say. If you want to hear more.... go support this event when it gets to your town. Sounds like they are going to do this around the state. Bozeman is next.
Thank you. Sounds like a blast. I would have gone but we are expecting a baby any day. Hopefully they do this again next year.

Hating the griz since 02.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:14 am

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:10 am
stevo wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Leon Costello
Casey Fox
Bethany Cordell
Zach Mackey
Brent Vigen
Taylor Housewright
Bobby Daly
Tyler Walker
Willi Mack Garza
Thank you. Sounds like a blast. I would have gone but we are expecting a baby any day. Hopefully they do this again next year.
Lame excuse..... ;)

Congrats!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:41 pm

stevo wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Leon Costello
Casey Fox
Bethany Cordell
Zach Mackey
Brent Vigen
Taylor Housewright
Bobby Daly
Tyler Walker
Willi Mack Garza
Glad I didn't go, I'd probably have some choice comments for Coach Housewright and probably would have ended up getting my ass kicked. That's cool it was a fun event and they raised a bunch of money.

60's Cat

Post by 60's Cat » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:06 pm

Housewright was actually quite entertaining. Enjoyed his presentation and comments.