Rovig

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Rovig

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:24 am

Been thinking about this kid this week and just wanted to give a shoutout. Dude has been the ultimate teammate his entire time with the Cats. Leading us to the semi's last season. Losing his job this year and patiently waiting. Watches a freshman take over and when the other guy decided to bail, he sat back and didn't complain. Got a big opportunity last weekend and did as good as expected for a guy who had barely taken a snap in two years.

It's these kind of dudes you need to be successful and I hope he knows how valuable he is.

=D^

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Rovig

Post by CatBot » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:27 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:24 am
Been thinking about this kid this week and just wanted to give a shoutout. Dude has been the ultimate teammate his entire time with the Cats. Leading us to the semi's last season. Losing his job this year and patiently waiting. Watches a freshman take over and when the other guy decided to bail, he sat back and didn't complain. Got a big opportunity last weekend and did as good as expected for a guy who had barely taken a snap in two years.

It's these kind of dudes you need to be successful and I hope he knows how valuable he is.

=D^
Agree completely. Great post. =D^

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:28 am

Here here!!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:33 am

Agree 100%. I have had a few interactions with him, and I could not be more impressed.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:39 am

ditto

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am

Great post and completely agree. Seriously got a little choked up at the end seeing him get that one last touchdown pass. Huge thanks to Tucker for being the kind of player and teammate the every kid out there should aspire to be No matter whether you are the starter or last on the depth chart, give it everything you have. Tucker did that and then some, he has a great future ahead of him in this world.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:44 am

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:05 am

That's a really nice article about Tucker! Absolute team player. Think he'll make a great coach someday.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am

Met his parents, Kelby(sp) and Jenna, in Huntsville. Seemed like tremendous people.
Tuckers been a great kid for the Montana State program since he committed as a high school senior. He’s constantly been a good ambassador and encouraging other kids to come to Montana State. I wonder how many players he directly influenced to come here?
Good luck kid and Godspeed!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:57 am

Wonder if he could just start next year in a QB coach type position for the cats? That is basically what he was this last year.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:57 am
Wonder if he could just start next year in a QB coach type position for the cats? That is basically what he was this last year.
If he hasn't finished his Master's degree, I'd think a graduate assistant position would be a perfect fit for him and very much in line with his future plans. I'm sure MSU would love to have him on the staff if he can pull it off.

grunyon37
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by grunyon37 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:13 pm

Thank you for starting this thread! I've been thinking about him a lot this week, and I too read the article about him. I think he is TRULY a character standout, especially when one considers the often self-involved culture we live in. He chose character over accolades and acclaim, and I can't imagine him not being rewarded for that.
Thank you, Tucker, for being a great example!

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:35 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
If he hasn't finished his Master's degree, I'd think a graduate assistant position would be a perfect fit for him and very much in line with his future plans. I'm sure MSU would love to have him on the staff if he can pull it off.
Yep. I’ve been begging for it. Feels like a shoe in. Obviously has the respect of those around him and has a clearly stated desire to enter the coaching realm.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

CatCop13
New Recruit

Post by CatCop13 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:07 pm

Rovig is the ultimate professional. He will go far in life. Thank you for choosing Montana State and being a tremendous Bobcat over the years. Best of luck in the future and thanks again.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:11 pm

Great article - between Tucker and Tommy, those are the 2 most humble, team-first QB's you will ever see.

Tucker will always be remembered in my mind as a top notch all-time Bobcat, and one of just 3 Bobcat QB's to throw for a touchdown in a National Championship game.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:24 am

=D^
Very well said. Agree.

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:49 pm

The kid is a class act. For him to stick around shows his character. He could have bailed but instead he worked his ass off and tried to win back his spot. Wish the other QB we had this season had the same attitude. Complete and total team guy, and a great example for young kids when they don't go their way. Keep working and do what you can to make your team better in any capacity you can.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:25 pm

My comments on Tucker from the GBU thread:

Good: Rovig being prepared and playing really well despite not having played meaningful reps in a game in over 2 years. As many have said today, I'm as proud of him as I have been of any Bobcat in recent memory.
Is a shining example of a high character student athlete.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:55 pm

catamaran wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:44 am
Funny this came up today
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 7594b.html
That’s awesome! Didn’t see that but obviously I’m not the only guy so appreciative of this kids time with the Cats. =D^

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:27 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:35 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Yep. I’ve been begging for it. Feels like a shoe in. Obviously has the respect of those around him and has a clearly stated desire to enter the coaching realm.
Couldn't agree more....Tucker is the kind of athlete you want on your squad. Selfless team mate. Would make a great coach imho.