Season Tickets

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Season Tickets

Post by Bocephus » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:09 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:46 pm
Bocephus wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:32 am
Montanabob wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:10 am
WOW - 29 single season tickets available and most of them are Handicap seating.
I thought they didn’t release single game tickets until first week of August?
Season tickets. Only in groups of one unless you get handicapped tickets. I don't think many will be released when all the season ticket holders get to the 1 may release date.
Ok yeah, I read one thing and my brain heard another. One of the coolest things in my life has been watching this program transform from my freshman year in 2002 to 20 years later. Bobcat Nation is the best!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:06 pm

rivercat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:41 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:36 pm
rivercat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:31 pm
Now is the time to tear out the East side and build new a grandstand with substantially bigger capacity.
I know this has been talked to death and I know that the IPF is next. But yes, for many factors the east side needs to be replaced ASAP.
I don't see them as mutually exclusive. Stadium work, at least a big portion, can be bonded and paid back with increased revenues. The IPF probably needs all the funding up front.
Gris just received a big donation from their QB club of $2 million to build their IPF. Most likely more Washington money. Yet MSU continues to subsidize their failing academic programs. This does not seem right…

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:35 pm

rivercat wrote:
Now is the time to tear out the East side and build new a grandstand with substantially bigger capacity.
And lose capacity?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:13 pm

allcat wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:35 pm
rivercat wrote:
And lose capacity?
Correct, if they build it as envisioned in the five year old 20 year facilities plan. Hopefully, MSU will change direction and build some corporate boxes above instead of what was designed in that plan or at least be open to adding them later. Flexibility and change is good in this case. I don't believe we will see a new East grandstand for at least five to ten more years though, but you just never know, there may be some whale come forward who likes to put his or her name on stuff.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:57 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:13 pm
allcat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
And lose capacity?
Correct, if they build it as envisioned in the five year old 20 year facilities plan. Hopefully, MSU will change direction and build some corporate boxes above instead of what was designed in that plan or at least be open to adding them later. Flexibility and change is good in this case. I don't believe we will see a new East grandstand for at least five to ten more years though, but you just never know, there may be some whale come forward who likes to put his or her name on stuff.
I agree with AFCAT but would like to see the north end zone closed in first if there is a need to for additional seating. The proposed east stands do not appear significantly different than what is there now. That being said, I still think an indoor practice facility should be the priority.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:29 pm

RICO CAT wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:57 pm
AFCAT wrote:
allcat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
And lose capacity?
I agree with AFCAT but would like to see the north end zone closed in first if there is a need to for additional seating. The proposed east stands do not appear significantly different than what is there now. That being said, I still think an indoor practice facility should be the priority.
There is a NEED for additional seating. Five years ago things were very different. The Gallatin Valley has grown by 15% since then with no slowing in sight, the average attendance last year was 2,000 over stadium capacity, and the football team wasn't close to playing in a National Championship. People can't get season tickets now. That means MORE capacity is needed.

The stated goal in the facility plan was to make the East grandstand comparable to level of quality in the rest of the stadium. That's nice fluff and understandable for the circumstances 5 years ago.

Today, however, increased capacity and safety (SDSU game) needs to be the defining parameters of the new East side and they also require an accelerated timeframe.

I would be surprised if this conversation isn't occuring.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:32 pm

I’m glad safety got thrown into the conversation. You have to keep the woke safe or else the woke won’t stay safe. ](*,)

If your left, you aren’t right.

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:11 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:32 pm
I’m glad safety got thrown into the conversation. You have to keep the woke safe or else the woke won’t stay safe. ](*,)
Bite me woke. People slipping and falling has nothing to do with woke. SMH

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:01 pm

rivercat wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:29 pm
RICO CAT wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
allcat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
And lose capacity?
There is a NEED for additional seating. Five years ago things were very different. The Gallatin Valley has grown by 15% since then with no slowing in sight, the average attendance last year was 2,000 over stadium capacity, and the football team wasn't close to playing in a National Championship. People can't get season tickets now. That means MORE capacity is needed.

The stated goal in the facility plan was to make the East grandstand comparable to level of quality in the rest of the stadium. That's nice fluff and understandable for the circumstances 5 years ago.

Today, however, increased capacity and safety (SDSU game) needs to be the defining parameters of the new East side and they also require an accelerated timeframe.

I agree. The envisioned update to the East grandstands didn’t increase capacity at all. Only new seating in the North end zone would increase seating capacity as currently envisioned in the facilities plan or some sort of boxes or upper deck above a new East grandstand and that would mean even more money that needed to be raised or bonded for, significantly more money. You would want any new East grandstand to match the construction of the South end zone though. Being concerned about having a safe facility is a big deal too. It’s important to me as a guy with an elderly parent that likes attending games to have a safer facility and I’m sure to a lot of the people I’ve seen fall going down those steps over the years. Those slick steps and lack of handrails make getting to your seats treacherous in the winter months.

I still don’t believe we are going to see any new grandstands for a while but that’s just because I believe there are higher priorities in the athletic department. The indoor is the next priority and they haven’t announced anything about a big donation being made for that. Heck, it took two years from the announcement that the BAC money was raised to the building being finished. Granted, the construction of the BAC is a lot more complicated than building some new grandstands or even an indoor practice facility. I hope I’m wrong and somebody donates a pile of cash. Cruzado could decide to bond for the money but I know she doesn’t like incurring debt. Some sort of part bonding and part donations is the most likely scenario for funding a new East grandstand, just like it was for the South end zone. I’ll be surprised if we see any significant East grandstand construction in the next five years but I’ll be more than happy to pony up some cash to help once they decide to get it going.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:56 pm

I wouldn't expect any bonding until the '97(30 yrs.) and '10(15 yrs.) bonds are paid off.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:29 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:56 pm
I wouldn't expect any bonding until the '97(30 yrs.) and '10(15 yrs.) bonds are paid off.
Bonds are usually paid off by the increased revenues of the improvements they financed. Additionally, bond payments, like mortgage payments, get smaller over time relative to inflation.

Without knowing the cost of the debt service relative to the income generated by the stadium, I wouldn't make that assumption.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:41 pm

rivercat wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:29 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:56 pm
Bonds are usually paid off by the increased revenues of the improvements they financed. Additionally, bond payments, like mortgage payments, get smaller over time relative to inflation.

Without knowing the cost of the debt service relative to the income generated by the stadium, I wouldn't make that assumption.
I wouldn't assume that they are low enough to add another bond for the stadium either.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:09 pm

"We'll just paint the east grandstands and everyone will think they're new and stop talking about replacing them." - Some genius in the athletics department back in 2020

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:44 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:01 pm
rivercat wrote:
RICO CAT wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
allcat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
And lose capacity?

I agree. The envisioned update to the East grandstands didn’t increase capacity at all. Only new seating in the North end zone would increase seating capacity as currently envisioned in the facilities plan or some sort of boxes or upper deck above a new East grandstand and that would mean even more money that needed to be raised or bonded for, significantly more money. You would want any new East grandstand to match the construction of the South end zone though. Being concerned about having a safe facility is a big deal too. It’s important to me as a guy with an elderly parent that likes attending games to have a safer facility and I’m sure to a lot of the people I’ve seen fall going down those steps over the years. Those slick steps and lack of handrails make getting to your seats treacherous in the winter months.

I still don’t believe we are going to see any new grandstands for a while but that’s just because I believe there are higher priorities in the athletic department. The indoor is the next priority and they haven’t announced anything about a big donation being made for that. Heck, it took two years from the announcement that the BAC money was raised to the building being finished. Granted, the construction of the BAC is a lot more complicated than building some new grandstands or even an indoor practice facility. I hope I’m wrong and somebody donates a pile of cash. Cruzado could decide to bond for the money but I know she doesn’t like incurring debt. Some sort of part bonding and part donations is the most likely scenario for funding a new East grandstand, just like it was for the South end zone. I’ll be surprised if we see any significant East grandstand construction in the next five years but I’ll be more than happy to pony up some cash to help once they decide to get it going.
I'm now apparently the elderly parent. #-o I crashed HARD at the SDSU game.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:23 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:44 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:01 pm
rivercat wrote:
RICO CAT wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
allcat wrote:
rivercat wrote:
And lose capacity?

I'm now apparently the elderly parent. #-o I crashed HARD at the SDSU game.
Oh, there was a young (late teens, early 20s) girl that fell and badly hurt herself close by me during the SDSU game. She was hurrying down the stairs though, so my give a s$#& factor was lower for her. However, I’ve seen people of all age groups slip and fall on those steps at various games. My Mom only needs help going up and down the steps because she is afraid of falling and during the SDSU game she needed two people going down because she was terrified on those slick steps. A railing would really help my Mom and everyone else. I’m sure the future grandstands will have railings and wider and less slick steps as well.

imacat

Post by imacat » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:25 pm

1. You have to sit in the East Stands to appreciate the safety issue when it snows. It is real.
2. They did not simply paint the grandstands. They repaired holes in the decking. It was money well spent.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:20 pm

They will be working on the west seating this week. I wonder what they are doing on that side?

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:34 am

Checked online for season tickets last night....only singles remaining. I would guess we've set a record for season ticket sales!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:04 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:34 am
Checked online for season tickets last night....only singles remaining. I would guess we've set a record for season ticket sales!
They haven't released nonrenewals yet.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:50 am

See Note Below. Anyone know what they are doing to the West side Bleachers?

"Your Bobcats will have a limited scrimmage on Saturday April 2nd, 9:45am. This will open only to BQC members.
Note: The west side bleachers will be closed for construction on Saturday April 2nd. Please on sit in the east bleachers or student end zone"