Season Tickets

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Season Tickets

Post by rivercat » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:16 pm

4KornerKat wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:37 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:21 pm
I know fans of big time college teams, like the Georgia Bulldogs, that have never even been to the teams state let alone saw a game in person. Even with the growth in the Bozeman area and Montana, do the Cats gain fans that just move into the area and don’t have a connection to the university like most of us do? I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, but I don’t know of anyone that has moved here and just starts following the Cats. Excluding former players and their families, every Cat fan that I know of has been a fan since birth or a young age or since going to school at MSU
I have talked to a handful of folks who moved to the area and enjoy cheering for the cats/ going to games, I think there are probably more of these fans than you think. Not sure that any of these turn into donors, but certainly good for ticket sales.
I have quite a few "imports" around our season tickets.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:20 pm

4KornerKat wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:37 pm
AFCAT wrote:
I know fans of big time college teams, like the Georgia Bulldogs, that have never even been to the teams state let alone saw a game in person. Even with the growth in the Bozeman area and Montana, do the Cats gain fans that just move into the area and don’t have a connection to the university like most of us do? I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, but I don’t know of anyone that has moved here and just starts following the Cats. Excluding former players and their families, every Cat fan that I know of has been a fan since birth or a young age or since going to school at MSU
I have talked to a handful of folks who moved to the area and enjoy cheering for the cats/ going to games, I think there are probably more of these fans than you think. Not sure that any of these turn into donors, but certainly good for ticket sales.
There was one of these such fans that actually created an account and posted on here, believe it was during the season. Moved up here from the south somewhere and commented that the size and quality of the tailgate at MSU was a pleasant surprise. So yes, they do exist.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:57 am

AFCAT wrote:
My dad moved to Bozeman to work at MSU in his 30s. He is a Bobcat fan. I don't know if that counts.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:14 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:57 am
AFCAT wrote:
My dad moved to Bozeman to work at MSU in his 30s. He is a Bobcat fan. I don't know if that counts.
Only if he didn't come from California or Oregon.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:56 am

Cool, so the Cats have at least a few new fans coming from outside the normal channels. It would be awesome if they could build on that with all the local newcomers to the area. Probably a better chance building a larger following with the children than the adults but you never know.

I lived in Washington state, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Virginia and I would go to watch college football games in each state but I just couldn’t get into the teams like the locals could. The Bobcats were always my team, wherever I lived.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:57 am

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:14 am
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:57 am
AFCAT wrote:
Only if he didn't come from California or Oregon.
Then it counts.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:44 pm

We have a number friends who tailgate with our group regularly who aren't from here and didn't go to school here. Also, some of them are people who grew up around here or went to MSU but weren't big football fans. Most of them have season tickets now.

I'm not sure how well PR campaigns and advertising by MSU can pull these people in. The "imported" fans I know it was mainly due to mutual friends getting them to come along to a few games and realizing how much fun the tailgates and game are. Some of them have become hard-core fans.

IMO, we, as fans/tailgate hosts, etc. are the most effective way to pull those types of fans in.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:14 pm

I transferred one of my tailgate spots to the Bozeman tent and awning owner. He came from out of state to buy the business, and has quite a few people come to his tailgate.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:36 pm

Wow. Looked online today and only found about 20 season tickets available to purchase. 1 May all the season tickets that were not renewed go on sale to current season ticket holders.

May be tough to get single game tickets. Step up or step off.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:33 am

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:36 pm
Wow. Looked online today and only found about 20 season tickets available to purchase. 1 May all the season tickets that were not renewed go on sale to current season ticket holders.

May be tough to get single game tickets. Step up or step off.
Has anyone heard where we're at in terms of total season tickets sold? My guess is it will be a new record....

Can't wait for Bobcat football!!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:10 am

WOW - 29 single season tickets available and most of them are Handicap seating.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:23 am

Due to extenuating circumstances, I have two season tickets in section 110 available for this year only. If interested, please PM me.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:32 am

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:10 am
I thought they didn’t release single game tickets until first week of August?

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:36 am

Bocephus wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:32 am
Montanabob wrote:
I believe he is referring to single season tickets as in that seat is by itself (i.e. can't get two next to each other)

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:37 am

Bocephus wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
I don't believe they do. But my understanding is season tix are going VERY well. The more season tickets sold, the less singles will be available when the time comes

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:46 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Season tickets. Only in groups of one unless you get handicapped tickets. I don't think many will be released when all the season ticket holders get to the 1 may release date.

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:31 pm

Now is the time to tear out the East side and build new a grandstand with substantially bigger capacity.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:36 pm

rivercat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:31 pm
Now is the time to tear out the East side and build new a grandstand with substantially bigger capacity.
I know this has been talked to death and I know that the IPF is next. But yes, for many factors the east side needs to be replaced ASAP.

Hating the griz since 02.

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:41 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:36 pm
rivercat wrote:
I know this has been talked to death and I know that the IPF is next. But yes, for many factors the east side needs to be replaced ASAP.
I don't see them as mutually exclusive. Stadium work, at least a big portion, can be bonded and paid back with increased revenues. The IPF probably needs all the funding up front.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:42 pm

rivercat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:41 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:36 pm
rivercat wrote:
I don't see them as mutually exclusive. Stadium work, at least a big portion, can be bonded and paid back with increased revenues. The IPF probably needs all the funding up front.
Good news is there is only 15 years remaining in the 20 year facilities master plan.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter