2022 transfer portal tracker

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: 2022 transfer portal tracker

Post by BStinsMSU » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:09 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:54 am
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:56 am
Sulser leaving the Griz. I bet Bobby isn't too happy!
Yes, kinda strange because Hauck was a big fan of Sulser from what I understand. I wonder if his knee never got back to normal?
“E-Griz experts” said sulser didn’t like Bobby. I know a place filled with people like that!!

Who knows. Same experts that told me MSU had a PED scandal going on last season during the playoffs

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:32 am

BStinsMSU wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:09 am
TomCat88 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Yes, kinda strange because Hauck was a big fan of Sulser from what I understand. I wonder if his knee never got back to normal?
“E-Griz experts” said sulser didn’t like Bobby. I know a place filled with people like that!!

Who knows. Same experts that told me MSU had a PED scandal going on last season during the playoffs
Do they think that is a criticism of Sulser? I'd imagine that any decent judge of character wouldn't like Bobby.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:36 am

BStinsMSU wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:

If this was while they were also complaining about UM's side of the bracket compared to MSU's, I assume that PED stands for "Pretty Easy Draw".

Looks to me from reading the article that Sulser's decision is at least partly based on academics and wanting to explore grad school options after graduating next month.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:02 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:36 am
BStinsMSU wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:

If this was while they were also complaining about UM's side of the bracket compared to MSU's, I assume that PED stands for "Pretty Easy Draw".

Looks to me from reading the article that Sulser's decision is at least partly based on academics and wanting to explore grad school options after graduating next month.
Did he participate in Spring Ball? That would be interesting to know...

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:22 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:

I just checked out the egriz posts. That place is full of loonies. A bunch of posters are throwing the guy under the bus and claiming he was a bust. Basically, a “we didn’t want him anyway” attitude. That place is just vile. That crazy “Hooked” poster is actually attacking some Bobcat fan in the thread on Sulser. Another poster asked what does he have to do with Sulser and Hooked say “nothing”, he is just a bad Bobcat fan.

I was always glad when Sulser could not suit up against us. His speed was tough to contain. He is a threat that any FCS team can utilize.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:22 pm
BStinsMSU wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:

I just checked out the egriz posts. That place is full of loonies. A bunch of posters are throwing the guy under the bus and claiming he was a bust. Basically, a “we didn’t want him anyway” attitude. That place is just vile. That crazy “Hooked” poster is actually attacking some Bobcat fan in the thread on Sulser. Another poster asked what does he have to do with Sulser and Hooked say “nothing”, he is just a bad Bobcat fan.

I was always glad when Sulser could not suit up against us. His speed was tough to contain. He is a threat that any FCS team can utilize.
I was wondering what they were saying over there but I didn't want to go visit. Don't need that crap on my browser history in case I decide to run for office someday.

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:46 pm

MSU01 wrote:
BStinsMSU wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:

I wish, no I made an account over there during the playoff run because someone said something that fired me up enough about steroid use (shame on me I fell for it) and I ended up getting PMs about certain players who didn’t travel for the National Championship because they tested positive for PEDs, who were, very much in fact, on the field and on the sideline in Frisco. Play stupid games win stupid prizes I tell myself. Who’s signature has the saying about stooping down to their level and they’ll win?

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:59 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:46 pm
MSU01 wrote:
BStinsMSU wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:

I wish, no I made an account over there during the playoff run because someone said something that fired me up enough about steroid use (shame on me I fell for it) and I ended up getting PMs about certain players who didn’t travel for the National Championship because they tested positive for PEDs, who were, very much in fact, on the field and on the sideline in Frisco. Play stupid games win stupid prizes I tell myself. Who’s signature has the saying about stooping down to their level and they’ll win?
Might be me...been down that road.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:04 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:10 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
I would think that four years of Bobby would be about the human limit. I suspect he needs some mental refreshment that isn’t ever going to come there — hearing the same beat the ‘Cats rant before every PSU, ISU, UI, UNC game would get exceedingly wearing. I sure hope he finds what he is seeking and thoroughly enjoys two more years of football. Maybe he just wants to move to somewhere that doesn’t have 100 cloudy days every three months. 😆

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:41 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:46 pm
MSU01 wrote:
BStinsMSU wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:

Actually pretty cool of you to register and defend our players. I have thought about registering for similar reasons but there are just too many morons over there dominating the discussion. Good posters have been run off long ago.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:42 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:33 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:22 pm
BStinsMSU wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:

I was wondering what they were saying over there but I didn't want to go visit. Don't need that crap on my browser history in case I decide to run for office someday.
That is some funny sh1t!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:09 am

Updated

FTG- GO CATS GO!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:55 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:09 am
Updated
Didn't Kadren Johnson decommit? Or am I on crack lol

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:26 pm

technoCat wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:55 am
mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:09 am
Updated
Didn't Kadren Johnson decommit? Or am I on crack lol
Yup. Updated

FTG- GO CATS GO!

2005Grad
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 2005Grad » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:30 pm

Now that spring ball is over, I wonder how many players will enter the transfer portal.

Cat-Griz Saturday is my favorite day of the year.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:35 pm

2005Grad wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:30 pm
Now that spring ball is over, I wonder how many players will enter the transfer portal.
My current prediction is 12.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:22 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:35 pm
2005Grad wrote:
So would twelve leave the CATS short or is there that large of a glut. Am sure the coaches would still be looking regardless. Always trying to get bigger, faster, stronger...
Thanks

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:27 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:22 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
2005Grad wrote:
So would twelve leave the CATS short or is there that large of a glut. Am sure the coaches would still be looking regardless. Always trying to get bigger, faster, stronger...
Thanks
That much of a surplus. If you just do the math on incoming freshman/transfers with the spring roster, you can see we are over in several positions. Keep in mind, coaches can make things "work" using greyshirts with incoming freshman as they've done the past two years but eventually attrition will happen if a position gets too deep with similarly aged groups. For example, a large contingent of the offensive line room are sophomores or freshman. Eventually that group has to even out class wise to make room for incoming recruits.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:18 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:27 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:22 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
2005Grad wrote:
Thanks
That much of a surplus. If you just do the math on incoming freshman/transfers with the spring roster, you can see we are over in several positions. Keep in mind, coaches can make things "work" using greyshirts with incoming freshman as they've done the past two years but eventually attrition will happen if a position gets too deep with similarly aged groups. For example, a large contingent of the offensive line room are sophomores or freshman. Eventually that group has to even out class wise to make room for incoming recruits.
Who will be the likely starting offensive tackles now that Sessions is leaving?