2022 transfer portal tracker

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: 2022 transfer portal tracker

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:42 pm

Rich K wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:44 pm
Transfer portal seems rather quiet, I imagine that it will get busiest after spring ball?
Most definitely, and there are two legacy kids that will probably go. It’s a thelen thing where the money isn’t there and the wait until they get it isn’t worth it to them. I can’t blame them, but it’s the transfer world they all live in now. All it takes is a coach from a different team or level telling them they can come here, get a full ride, and start right away. We shall see.

If your left, you aren’t right.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:56 pm

Keep an eye on Kaegun Williams, RB from San Diego State. In the portal, followed by MSU and some coaches on Twitter. This would be huge. I know we have a great backfield, but this only adds to that group and maybe allows you to move guys to some other positions or rolls. Still say Jaharie Martin needs to be on the defensive side of the ball, maybe a D. Hardy replacement.

Punters are people too!!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:13 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:56 pm
Keep an eye on Kaegun Williams, RB from San Diego State. In the portal, followed by MSU and some coaches on Twitter. This would be huge. I know we have a great backfield, but this only adds to that group and maybe allows you to move guys to some other positions or rolls. Still say Jaharie Martin needs to be on the defensive side of the ball, maybe a D. Hardy replacement.
Visited MSU today. This has been mentioned in a couple other threads. Seems like a good one. Strange that he's been in the portal almost 4 months but I'd still love to see him in Blue and Gold!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:47 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:13 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Visited MSU today. This has been mentioned in a couple other threads. Seems like a good one. Strange that he's been in the portal almost 4 months but I'd still love to see him in Blue and Gold!
I hope we get him. Ifanse is a big question mark with his health right now. Williams would be a big addition.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:28 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:47 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
I hope we get him. Ifanse is a big question mark with his health right now. Williams would be a big addition.
Is he? I thought he had an MCL sprain. Basically a minor tear that takes a 4-6 weeks to heal. I had that injury once when I was 18 and only missed two weeks of shooting the basketball and a month of 5 on 5 before the season started.

Is there another injury or even a surgery?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:28 am

PapaG wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:28 am
mslacatfan wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
Is he? I thought he had an MCL sprain. Basically a minor tear that takes a 4-6 weeks to heal. I had that injury once when I was 18 and only missed two weeks of shooting the basketball and a month of 5 on 5 before the season started.

Last I heard, surgery was likely. Not sure if he's had it yet or not.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:51 am

GoCats18 wrote:
What makes you think Jaharie Martin could play DE?

AZBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by AZBobcat » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:37 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:51 am
GoCats18 wrote:
What makes you think Jaharie Martin could play DE?
Too Short

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:54 am

Short….doesn’t matter when you lift the o-lineman up, toss him to the side and hit the QB so hard he has snot bubbles. Curious to see how many pick up on the snot bubbles…..

Punters are people too!!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:15 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:54 am
Short….doesn’t matter when you lift the o-lineman up, toss him to the side and hit the QB so hard he has snot bubbles. Curious to see how many pick up on the snot bubbles…..
Height and more importantly, length, do matter when engaging OL/DL. Generally the guy who can get his hands on first will win. Shorter players have to be exceptionally quick. Jaharie is a good football player, but he’s 5’11 and 230-240 pounds and didn’t test very fast coming out of HS. The chances of him being a good DE, let alone similar to Hardy, are pretty slim.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:07 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:28 am
PapaG wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

I know Mellott got major surgery but hadn’t heard that about Ifanse.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:08 pm

wbtfg wrote:
PapaG wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

Talked to somebody in the know in Frisco the night before the game. I was wondering if Ifanse was even going to play and this person said yes, he'd play but he wasn't anywhere near 100%, and that he was flying to Seattle immediately after the game for surgery.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:39 pm

catatac wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:08 pm
wbtfg wrote:
PapaG wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

Talked to somebody in the know in Frisco the night before the game. I was wondering if Ifanse was even going to play and this person said yes, he'd play but he wasn't anywhere near 100%, and that he was flying to Seattle immediately after the game for surgery.
Ifanse and O’Reilly have had surgery.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:40 pm

catatac wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
PapaG wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

He’s been wearing a big knee and leg brace for a while now.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AZBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by AZBobcat » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:30 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:15 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:54 am
Height and more importantly, length, do matter when engaging OL/DL. Generally the guy who can get his hands on first will win. Shorter players have to be exceptionally quick. Jaharie is a good football player, but he’s 5’11 and 230-240 pounds and didn’t test very fast coming out of HS. The chances of him being a good DE, let alone similar to Hardy, are pretty slim.
Exactly.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:05 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:40 pm
catatac wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
PapaG wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

He’s been wearing a big knee and leg brace for a while now.
Ifanse had off-season surgery. So did O'Reilly.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:15 pm

Updated

FTG- GO CATS GO!

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:56 am

Sulser leaving the Griz. I bet Bobby isn't too happy!

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:27 am

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:56 am
Imagine if he transferred to MSU. Griz fans' heads would explode. :lol: :lol:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:54 am

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:56 am
Yes, kinda strange because Hauck was a big fan of Sulser from what I understand. I wonder if his knee never got back to normal?

toM StUber