Tommy's Injury

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Tommy's Injury

Post by CatBot » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:25 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:34 am
The scary part that I just read about his surgery was the word “Bozeman”.
I've witnessed doctors in other areas tell patients they need to go to Bozeman for orthopedic surgery. No surprise Tommy had his done locally.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:26 pm

CatBot wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:25 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
I've witnessed doctors in other areas tell patients they need to go to Bozeman for orthopedic surgery. No surprise Tommy had his done locally.
Basically every person in Bozeman under age 50 has had orthopedic surgery in one form or another. We are like the ACL repair capital of the world. The surgeons line up 25 or 30 ACLs in a row assembly line style every Tuesday.

I 100% would encourage anyone anywhere to come to Bozeman for orthopedic surgery.

Anything else & I'd avoid serious medical care in Bozeman like the plague.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:39 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:26 pm
CatBot wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Basically every person in Bozeman under age 50 has had orthopedic surgery in one form or another. We are like the ACL repair capital of the world. The surgeons line up 25 or 30 ACLs in a row assembly line style every Tuesday.

I 100% would encourage anyone anywhere to come to Bozeman for orthopedic surgery.

Tell me about the last part. It’s a joke and my wife works in the medical field here in Billings, it’s a running joke how bad Bozeman is.

If your left, you aren’t right.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:45 pm

CatBot wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Yeah I don't understand his take there. Not scary in the slightest lol.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:53 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:39 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:26 pm
CatBot wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:

Tell me about the last part. It’s a joke and my wife works in the medical field here in Billings, it’s a running joke how bad Bozeman is.
In my undergrad I dislocated my kneecap and it took the hospital over an hour to get it back in place. It seemed like I was truly a medical spectacle the way they kept retching on it with no results.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:56 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:25 am
Bozeman has some great young orthopedic surgeons. My experience has been great.
Not mine. Or my friend’s. Happy for you, truly. I wish I was happy for me! End of report.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:08 pm

I think the doctor/surgeon is what's important, not location.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Pucket21
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Pucket21 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:24 pm

Brock Hoard mentioned Tommy on ESPN Seattle today. Evidently the two were talking yesterday and Tommy asked the former NFL qb how he overcame disappointments in football. The answer was take up golf, evidently that's how other young QBs that are ultra athletic have learned to compartmentalize. More interesting is Tommy talking to Brock yesterday and how that came about.

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:30 pm

Pucket21 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:24 pm
Brock Hoard mentioned Tommy on ESPN Seattle today. Evidently the two were talking yesterday and Tommy asked the former NFL qb how he overcame disappointments in football. The answer was take up golf, evidently that's how other young QBs that are ultra athletic have learned to compartmentalize. More interesting is Tommy talking to Brock yesterday and how that came about.
Interesting strategy. If I took that route, I'd be trying to overcome disappointment with more disappointment.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:34 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:30 pm
Pucket21 wrote:
Interesting strategy. If I took that route, I'd be trying to overcome disappointment with more disappointment.
Two excellent posts!
:goodpost: :goodpost:

js1010
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by js1010 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:15 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Pucket21 wrote:
If the game of golf can teach me to NOT snap my putter over the nearest tree after missing my third four foot put of the front nine, then it can certainly teach a QB to not stress out about an occasional errant pass.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:13 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Pucket21 wrote:
My thought as well! Golf is far from an escape from disappointment, at least for me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:11 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:13 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Pucket21 wrote:
My thought as well! Golf is far from an escape from disappointment, at least for me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You guys made me laugh, and your thoughts about golf are probably the norm rather than the exception.
Perhaps part of the problem is you don't fit either of the bolded criteria above. :lol: Neither do I.
I will say that the more I focus only on the shot I'm about to take, disregarding everything that has happened (good or bad) earlier in the round, the better my results will end up being. Stated another way, focus on the process is more important than the results. That can be true and valuable in any sport and is maybe more easily learned and practiced in golf because of the inherent slow pace and the clearcut break between each and every shot and difference that each shot requires.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:05 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:11 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:13 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Pucket21 wrote:
You guys made me laugh, and your thoughts about golf are probably the norm rather than the exception.
Perhaps part of the problem is you don't fit either of the bolded criteria above. :lol: Neither do I.
I will say that the more I focus only on the shot I'm about to take, disregarding everything that has happened (good or bad) earlier in the round, the better my results will end up being. Stated another way, focus on the process is more important than the results. That can be true and valuable in any sport and is maybe more easily learned and practiced in golf because of the inherent slow pace and the clearcut break between each and every shot and difference that each shot requires.
The way I heard it put that has stuck with me best is: "Play the ball from where it Lie, rather than where I wished it lie". Easier said than done consistently though.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!